ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
This is a feature that I have been doing on the Premium side for the last several months. I'm going to expand it over here. The vast majority of the posts pertain to our "main" competitors and NCAA related stuff. I will try if for a few weeks to see if you folks like it.

Ranking the top 25 high school players regardless of class*

1. Emoni Bates (2022 class; SF, 6-foot-8)
Player comparison: Kevin Durant

2. Evan Mobley (2020 class; C, 7-0)
Committed to USC

Player comparison: Chris Bosh

3. Cade Cunningham (2020 class; PG, 6-7-- Committed to Oklahoma State
Player comparison: Malcolm Brogdon

4. Jonathan Kuminga (2021 class; SF, 6-7)
Player comparison: Andrew Wiggins

5. Chet Holmgren (2021 class; C, 7-0)
Player comparison: Kristaps Porzingis

6. Jalen Green (2020 class; SG, 6-5)
Player comparison: Andrew Wiggins

7. Jalen Johnson (2020 class; SF, 6-8)
Committed to Duke

Player comparison: Ben Simmons

8. Ziaire Williams (2020 class; SF, 6-8, 180)
Player comparison: Paul George

9. Jalen Suggs (2020 class; PG, 6-4)
Player comparison: Jrue Holiday

10. Terrence Clarke (2020 class; SF, 6-7)
Committed to Kentucky

Player comparison: Tracy McGrady

11. Patrick Baldwin Jr. (2021 class; PF, 6-9)
Player comparison: Klay Thompson

12. Scottie Barnes (2020 class; PF, 6-7)
Committed to Florida State

Player comparison: Draymond Green

13. Paolo Banchero (2021 class; PF, 6-8)
Player comparison: Carlos Boozer

14. Jabari Smith (2021 class; PF, 6-8)
Player comparison: Paul Millsap

15. Greg Brown (2020 class; PF, 6-8)
Player comparison: Aaron Gordon

16. Makur Maker (2020 class; C, 6-11)
Player comparison: A stronger Thon Maker

17. Jalen Duren (2022 class; C, 6-9)
Player comparison: Chris Webber

18. Josh Christopher (2020 class; SG, 6-4)
Player comparison: Emmanuel Mudiay.

19. B.J. Boston (2020 class; SF, 6-6)
Committed to Kentucky

Player comparison: Brandon Ingram

20. Isaiah Todd (2020 class; PF, 6-9)
Committed to Michigan

Player comparison: Bobby Portis

21. Jaden Hardy (2021 class; SG, 6-4),
Player comparison: D'Angelo Russell.

22. Michael Foster (2021 class; PF, 6-8)
Player comparison: Jeff Green

23. Moussa Diabate (2021 class; PF, 6-10)
Player comparison: Pascal Siakam

24. Moussa Cisse (2021 class; C, 6-11)
Player comparison: Clint Capela

25. A.J. Griffin (2021 class; SF, 6-6)
Committed to Duke

Player comparison: Jimmy Butler

*Source ESPN

One of Duke's biggest holes on next year's roster was supposed to be in the middle. After missing on a couple of post recruits in the class of 2020, coach Mike Krzyzewski faced having only one center on next year's roster. That changed Tuesday as Columbia graduate transfer Patrick Tape, a 6-foot-10, 230 pound interior player committed to Duke. (247 Sports)

Could be a good get for them.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and Steat
One of Duke's biggest holes on next year's roster was supposed to be in the middle. After missing on a couple of post recruits in the class of 2020, coach Mike Krzyzewski faced having only one center on next year's roster. That changed Tuesday as Columbia graduate transfer Patrick Tape, a 6-foot-10, 230 pound interior player committed to Duke. (247 Sports)

Could be a good get for them.
Thanks for updating. The owner of site does not like us posting 247 stuff (direct competitor), so I have followed up with ESPN link.

Johnny Juzang is leaving Kentucky, entering the transfer portal. Probably headed back out west.

RW should offer Juzang and Whitney, and I have my reasons for saying that.
Care to share or just blowing smoke like others on here who say "I can't say anymore right now because of whatever reason". If u can't say what it is then say nothing at all. It's like some of you people try to feel special that u MAY know something that no one else knows.

Care to share or just blowing smoke like others on here who say "I can't say anymore right now because of whatever reason". If u can't say what it is then say nothing at all. It's like some of you people try to feel special that u MAY know something that no one else knows.
Relax Francis. Believe or disbelieve what is posted, as you will. It’s all pretty harmless.

Why do people feel the need to question other posters’ insider information or lack thereof? After a while, you get a feel for who is a little more attuned to UNC athletics and who is blowing smoke. But you can’t take any of it as gospel.

FTH is a little abrasive, depending on who you are I guess, but it’s apparent he’s pretty plugged in on some behind the scenes stuff. I guess some folks would rather attack than acknowledge somebody had some real info, even if he just hints at it. & spare me the rebuttals, y’all that don’t like him have your opinion, & those of us that appreciate his input have ours. Agree to disagree.

Why do people feel the need to question other posters’ insider information or lack thereof? After a while, you get a feel for who is a little more attuned to UNC athletics and who is blowing smoke. But you can’t take any of it as gospel.
Then why say anything at all. Don't throw teasers our to get sheyot stirred. Just leave it alone and keep it to yourself.

FTH is a little abrasive, depending on who you are I guess, but it’s apparent he’s pretty plugged in on some behind the scenes stuff. I guess some folks would rather attack than acknowledge somebody had some real info, even if he just hints at it. & spare me the rebuttals, y’all that don’t like him have your opinion, & those of us that appreciate his input have ours. Agree to disagree.

Except he doesn’t have any real info and he’s a world class scumbag.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT