ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

What a shocker! This simply illustrates why we can't have our children go to in-person learning! If college age students can't be convinced to follow common sense guidelines for their own safety, how can we hope to get younger peeps to follow them???

What a shocker! This simply illustrates why we can't have our children go to in-person learning! If college age students can't be convinced to follow common sense guidelines for their own safety, how can we hope to get younger peeps to follow them???
I think little kids can behave better than some 18 year olds. Plus, they tend to have less keggers.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
How little? I worked for decades in middle schools and have now been in high schools for years AND there is no way on this Earth to get them to follow these rules, especially the social distancing! I want peeps to think about how hard it is to get their own teens to follow rules in the house or remember to do their chores and multiply this by thousands!

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
How little? I worked for decades in middle schools and have now been in high schools for years AND there is no way on this Earth to get them to follow these rules, especially the social distancing! I want peeps to think about how hard it is to get their own teens to follow rules in the house or remember to do their chores and multiply this by thousands!
College tends to provide more freedom since there are no parents around. These kids are catching it in dorms and frat parties. Unless you're in a boarding school, those aren't issues for 3rd graders.

School age kids are catching it in hallways and classrooms! It is just as much of an issue. There are no safeguards you can put in place short of changing the structure of a school that can keep students from getting too close to each other! AND where are we going to get the teachers once you account for those who opt out due to high risk and those who retire early or simply quit due to fear and those who get sick or get exposed!!! (BTW: these 3 categories have constituted 45% of our staff to date and it will increase if we go to in-person learning) We have been in session for 3 days and 3 teachers quit since Friday! Where is the money for increased sanitizing and replacing PPE going to come from? Safe and effective vaccines are the only way to safely bring kids back into school buildings!

School age kids are catching it in hallways and classrooms! It is just as much of an issue. There are no safeguards you can put in place short of changing the structure of a school that can keep students from getting too close to each other! AND where are we going to get the teachers once you account for those who opt out due to high risk and those who retire early or simply quit due to fear and those who get sick or get exposed!!! (BTW: these 3 categories have constituted 45% of our staff to date and it will increase if we go to in-person learning) We have been in session for 3 days and 3 teachers quit since Friday! Where is the money for increased sanitizing and replacing PPE going to come from? Safe and effective vaccines are the only way to safely bring kids back into school buildings!
I can't speak for your school district, but my kids school district seems to have a pretty good plan in place. A lot of restrictions in place for those who will be going back, which makes me comfortable enough to send them. I understand the risk, but in person learning is just so important for younger kids I'm willing to accept the risk.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
MJ's beautiful game is indescribable! (it must be seen to be believed) That is the only reason peeps think the flavor of the day compares to him!

Kapp, I truly believe if he played today (25 years later) at the same age he would still be the GOAT. The man is a freaking icon.

Reactions: CJBlue and TPFKAPFS
MJ would be the greatest of any era. I've watched bball since the 60's. Give him the advantages of modern nutritionists and workout techniques and he would dominate! He had a combination of physical gifts, killer instinct, bball IQ, will, skill, and leadership that have rarely been matched. Many peeps approach him in a few categories, but I can't think of one with all of them at his level!

I agree it is a personal decision and I wouldn't dream of telling a parent what to do. I also agree that in-person learning is without question better for almost all students! I have to worry about the 1600 at my school (one of the smallest!) and I've seen almost every district that went to in-person have to shut down at least some of its schools. My district is too large, but I could see smaller districts being able to manage it better. I am glad they have given peeps the option to choose virtual for the year. I truly hope it works out for the best!

Sorry about the unintentional derailment; I'll shut up and dribble now!

Reactions: tarheel0910
MJ would be the greatest of any era. I've watched bball since the 60's. Give him the advantages of modern nutritionists and workout techniques and he would dominate! He had a combination of physical gifts, killer instinct, bball IQ, will, skill, and leadership that have rarely been matched. Many peeps approach him in a few categories, but I can't think of one with all of them at his level!
MJ wouldn’t need a “Super team” to win give him Brandon Ingram and Marc Gasol and watch Phil’s triangle dominate.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Well, the school 8 miles away..keeps getting 5 star ballers..reloading with Banchero....UNCs success doesn't depend on any other BB program,but ya gotta have 'players'..skilled players

rankings are fluid..players gain confidence..players lose confidence and once they hit college life you never know..espc nowadays pro ball is one year away and revenue sharing is trending

Sallis seems to be the better prospect. I hope this does.increase his interest in UNC a bit!

I think I just might be happy with another Coby!

Join the Family, Mr. Sallis!

We'll make you famous!

We are losing some really important people!

Great coach; great human being; truly made a difference in a multitude of young men's lives. I wish I could watch the games as he and DES resume their gentlemanly rivalry!

RIP Mr. Thompson!

Smooth! Is that Defensive All Star Gobert getting schooled???

Offer now and hope the G folds before he gets there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT