ADVERTISEMENT

What's Going On With The Competition?

I think the season will end once CFB is finished. They need the cash cow to pay first

Jay Wright tested positive. Villanova is pausing their team activities.

And the one year self imposed at Arizona is really a statement about how ethical and moral they have all become.

Wouldn't it be nice if CC had decided a little differently! I wish the youngster well and I think he will be an awesome pro!

Watching the UK-Alabama game on the Roku ESPN app. I have no problem with watching a potential beat down of UK in Spanish. 😂

Reactions: gauchoheel

AND UNC is now 4th and 1 game out of 2nd! A few things fall into place and we are right beck where we are supposed to be! Strange is Roy's wheelhouse!

Reactions: Archer2
There's the Zags, and there's everybody else. Everybody else has shown they're beatable on a given night. We just need to take every game as a must win game and bring grade A effort to each. We still very much control our destiny.

There's the Zags, and there's everybody else. Everybody else has shown they're beatable on a given night. We just need to take every game as a must win game and bring grade A effort to each. We still very much control our destiny.
I agree, but I’d add Baylor. We will know a whole more about them after the next two weeks.

I agree with the following reservations: Any team can be flat and the timing of these flat moments can change destiny! Teams that run roughshod over most of their schedule can become a bit complacent and then get a surprise at the wrong time!

Baylor and Gonzaga are juggernauts but hopefully the one we face in the Tourney will have its flat moment at the right time! (I wish they weren't coached so well, however!)

Reactions: alabamaheel

Buddy of mine who has pretty good contacts within dook basketball (has grown to dislike k but is grateful for the success he's had by the way) said Coleman move is not due to the Marquette transfer. Baldwin is still very much in play and k is going at him hard. The longer the kid waits the better some folks in durham are feeling.

Reactions: bobcrane14
What's the difference? If you're correct,then Brakefield gonna play with a tarheel,( Garrison Brooks). When they leave a particular school, regardless if it's puke or not,they a free agent then with no more ties to that particular School just like Kessler is no more at Target then Wakefield or Coleman a Blue devil anymore so go check them out coach that's my take on it.

So a report is out alleging Adidas paid Zion's family $5,000.00+ prior to his enrolling at dook.
A quote from the article, the sportswear giant “is aware of the following documents suggesting that certain fund transfers to Mr. Williamson or his family may have occurred.”
Taft's letter in court mentions nine potential payments made between a former Adidas executive and Williamson's step father, Lee Anderson, beginning in 2016 and totaling $5,474.
All this was 2016 & 2017.
Guess the LOM and Zion will skate on.....

Last edited:
So a report is out alleging Adidas paid Zion's family $5,000.00+ prior to his enrolling at dook.
A quote from the article, the sportswear giant “is aware of the following documents suggesting that certain fund transfers to Mr. Williamson or his family may have occurred.”
Taft's letter in court mentions nine potential payments made between a former Adidas executive and Williamson's step father, Lee Anderson, beginning in 2016 and totaling $5,474.
All this was 2016 & 2017.
Guess the LOM and Zion will skate on.....

I don't see dook getting hit by this. I doubt there is any paper trail to show dook should have known Zion family getting paid. Maggette decision showed that if school had no knowledge then they won't be punished. Doesn't make sense that Zion went to Nike school after getting $ from Adidas, and yes there could be argument that Nike outbid Adidas but where is the evidence.

This is more like the issue with Cam Newton's dad trying to sell Cam's services. NCAA pretty much said that without proof the player knew family was making money they will not act.

If the house the family lived in during Zion’s brief derm stay didn’t raise flags at the NCAA this winter even register a blip.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If the house the family lived in during Zion’s brief derm stay didn’t raise flags at the NCAA this winter even register a blip.
wasn't it a rental property?....very easy for zions mom to go to any bank and say, i am zion williamsons mother, i need a couple 100k, we will easily be able to pay you back in a few months time

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I’m sure that’s egg-xactly what transpired.

If I’m not mistaken, I think there were recordings of Kansas and his step dad talking about money, cars, housing, and a job..then Clemson assistant was recorded having similar conversations! At one point he was a lock to Kansas according to most, then a lock to Clemmy, and then ends up at Dook! Sounds to me Coach rat matched the banks loan and gave quite a bit more! Dookies won’t get in trouble so it doesn’t matter! I have a feeling this has happened quite a bit with all of their rent a players

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT