What's the best looking car ever made?

TarHeelMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2006
Southern Part of Heaven
1970 Dodge Challenger
1970Challenger_6.jpg

The International Scout is probably my favorite looking car of all time. But it has to be presented correctly - suspension lift, oversized tires, etc. Just plain badass.

maxresdefault.jpg

international-scout-02.jpg

international-scout-14.jpg

Reactions: Littlejon
I wouldn't nominate it here, but I've always had a soft spot for the Dodge Conquest TSi. It came along when I was in my late teens and I always wanted one.
Chrysler-Conquest-TSi-1989-05JI0012013343A.jpeg

I'm not a sportscar kind of guy but I always loved the late 70s/early 80s 928:

porsche-928-1977-white.jpg

If money wasn't an object and I was buying a new car today that wasn't an SUV or a truck, I'd get one of these:

Porsche-Panamera-Turbo-S-6.jpg

If money wasn't an object and I was buying a new car today that wasn't an SUV or a truck, I'd get one of these:

I'm not sure if you're just being funny, but I posted the Panamera in the Ugliest thread. It's awful. And I thought about posting the 928 too. Out of all the awesome Porsches in the world, those are two that should have been aborted.

I'm not sure if you're just being funny, but I posted the Panamera in the Ugliest thread. It's awful. And I thought about posting the 928 too. Out of all the awesome Porsches in the world, those are two that should have been aborted.
That one looks like the Porsche that Tom Cruise put into Lake Michigan in Risky Business.

63a979560836dbbd15c7620d9bafda54beffc884bdef3aea45cf7ee68d89a06f.jpg

1963 Corvette
chevrolet-00362-2.jpg

Great choice, Mark, I love Chevrolet's 3rd Generation Corvettes . . . While I do love Vettes, I'm not a fan of the C4 design.

The 1967 Stingray was voted the best looking Corvette of all vettes in a poll a couple years back . .

I grew up in Nash County, NC (Nashville), and our neighbor had one of these- same color and everything. It was THE coolest car in the city! I used to pretend it was ours... sorta! I got to ride in it a few times and it felt like being in a race car (or, it did to me at 10 years old).

1970 Firebird 400
72pont54023-1.jpg

Are y'all insane

I think you're on crack. I like the 911 too but it's so,...ordinary. The 928 was sweet. My other favorite model is the 356.

porsche-356-06.jpg

As far as the new Porsche 4 door sedan, again, I think you're on crack. That thing is awesome. I've heard the engine is lackluster but who cares? We have speed limits around here. You ca only go so fast. That's why I've never really understood sports are. I mean, unless you're asking it to a track, you can't fully experience what it's meant for. Just seems so impractical.

I liked Lamborghinis and Ferraris when I was a kid but my taste have apparently changed. I'm a 4 wheel drive kind of guy anyway.

I think you're on crack. I like the 911 too but it's so,...ordinary. The 928 was sweet. My other favorite model is the 356.

As far as the new Porsche 4 door sedan, again, I think you're on crack. That thing is awesome. I've heard the engine is lackluster but who cares? We have speed limits around here. You ca only go so fast. That's why I've never really understood sports are. I mean, unless you're asking it to a track, you can't fully experience what it's meant for. Just seems so impractical.
But this thread isn't about performance, it's about best looking. The Panamera and the 928 both look like somebody started at the front and then gave up once they got past the front doors. They both have this weird bulbous look to the rear end that just looks awkward.

As for the off-topic bit about the impracticality of sports cars, I guess you just either love 'em or you don't. 99.9% of the time I was driving my 300ZX I was just toodling around within the speed limits, using it as a daily driver. It was still infinitely more fun and engaging than driving the exact same route now in my Civic. It ain't about practicality, it's about the grin it put on my face when I walked up to it and got in every morning and every afternoon.

I do agree on the 356 though, that's a classic.

Last edited:
my first car 1967 Mustang Coupe, almost identical to the one below

67_mustang_coupe_red_on_black_vinyl_roof_1.jpg

Amazing @strummingram Here's a picture identical to my first automobile, 1968 Mustang. The same color as yours with a black vinyl roof but a year later. I bought it from my older sister. Had a straight six cylinder engine with 3 in the floor transmission.

images

A 4-door for dick

2be5914afa34636cbe2703cac4fe2f07.jpg

I'm not a big fan of BMWs in general. I've always found them to be kind of feminine (any dude that drives a convertible BMW needs his testosterone levels checked). I'll take a Benz everyday of the week over a BMW. But I always liked the old 2002.

bmw-2002.jpg

Amazing @strummingram Here's a picture identical to my first automobile, 1968 Mustang. The same color as yours with a black vinyl roof but a year later. I bought it from my older sister. Had a straight six cylinder engine with 3 in the floor transmission.

images
I like all 1960's Mustangs, but the 67/68 body style is my favorite... for the coupe model. I like the 65-66 for the fastback/2+2.

My 1967 was a 289 automatic. I actually bought and restored another 1967 when I was about 22 or 23. I restored it all to factory specs. It was "Clearwater Aqua" with a white vinyl roof.

I wrecked my first Mustang in high school, not long after I'd finally paid it off, and then bought a 1973 Camaro. That car was FAST! 350, 4-barrel, and would hit about 115-120 mph.

Looked identical to this:

0_IMG_2102.JPG

Slinger sorry to disagree but those two by Porche are hideous.

I gotta give props to my favorite Hot Wheels car as a kid. This car won me a lot of Hubba Bubba bubblegum and Now & Later candy in my neighborhood!

hw_poisonpinto_1977.jpg

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT