ADVERTISEMENT

Where do we stand for the playoffs?

tcb22

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2002
First, thanks to all of you who post in the game threads--always enjoy reading them, especially when we win! I had given up on us making the playoffs but I would think we are back in consideration now. What do you guys that follow baseball much more closely than I do think?

As of today it sounds like we could be anywhere from the 7-11 seed in the ACC tournament.... I’ve heard several people say that any school that can finish conference play in the ACC at .500 or better has a decent shot at making the NCAA regional unless they totally bomb out in Charlotte in pool play!!! Hopefully we can take 2 out of 3 in Atlanta next weekend to keep the momentum going from the sweep!!!

I think if we get above .500 in league play we'll be fine. Probably on the bubble, but on the right side of it. I would be ok with us making a run and winning the ACC tournament just to be safe.

UNCW is a must win need momentum headed to GT. A win at GT would clinch a 18-18 at least. With their non conference wins and they lead the nation with top 25 wins that should be enough but be safe and take the series imo and make noise in Charlotte. It would be nice to start playing well now. This sweep but them in better shape they was once thinking last week this time.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I'm sure you noticed it, but that projection is before the Louisville series.
I did. Louisville has been trending down, badly. So I think we are right at the bubble and our next 4 games will go a long way in deciding it for us. The NCAA wants to put us in that tournament, they'll look for a reason. All we need to do is beat UNCW and get 2 of 3 from GT and we may not have to worry about the ACC tournament

I did. Louisville has been trending down, badly. So I think we are right at the bubble and our next 4 games will go a long way in deciding it for us. The NCAA wants to put us in that tournament, they'll look for a reason. All we need to do is beat UNCW and get 2 of 3 from GT and we may not have to worry about the ACC tournament
Yeah, that's my thoughts as well. The ACC is really strong this year. It's basically like basketball this year where you just need to get above .500 in conference. Just need to make sure we don't shit the bed tomorrow.

Haven't seen updated projections yet, but some numbers to know, we are currently at #45 in RPI and #5 in SOS.

Yeah, I think UNC only needed 1 win at GT to go dancing, which they got tonight. I think even if they lose out, they are still in. Just playing for seeding now.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I want to sweep GT then we can hopefully move up and out of Oregon State bracket. We sure dont do well against them to say the least!!!!!

Reactions: tarheel0910
As far as the ACC Tournament goes after today’s games we should be anywhere between the 6-9 seed

Final D1 Baseball Projection has us as the last at large team in the field... 3 seed in a region vs 2 seed South Carolina, 1 seed is Old Dominion facing 4 seed South Florida!!

Looks like we need to say extra 🙏🏻 and 🤞 up until selection show

Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
I think we’ll be lucky to get in, and deservedly so. We just haven’t played very well this year, especially on the road. Youth and injuries haven’t helped our cause. I think the jury’s still out on Forbes.

Let’s hope we get in and make a little noise.

I think we’ll be lucky to get in, and deservedly so. We just haven’t played very well this year, especially on the road. Youth and injuries haven’t helped our cause. I think the jury’s still out on Forbes.

Agree. Had hoped for more.

Forbes wasn’t dealt the best spot team continued to fight. He had one consistent pitcher all year that’s nothing he can do. They will have a full year under their belt with entire lineup returning maybe other than justice. Love will leave but they will have Lancellotti, Carlesen back with Shawn Rapp, Gage Gillian and Caden O’Brien.

Reactions: Archer2
There is a lot of talent on this team, but it's just young and inconsistent. I think something like 7 of our everyday players are coming back, so the future looks good. As far as Forbes goes, if we aren't back in the CWS within the next couple of years with the talent he has and will have, then he should definitely be on the hot seat.

Reactions: Archer2
Forbes wasn’t dealt the best spot team continued to fight. He had one consistent pitcher all year that’s nothing he can do. They will have a full year under their belt with entire lineup returning maybe other than justice. Love will leave but they will have Lancellotti, Carlesen back with Shawn Rapp, Gage Gillian and Caden O’Brien.
I didn't think Justice had a choice? Isn't he a sophomore?

Keep in mind that the draft is shorter again this year. Not sure if that will come into play for us, but everyone still has an extra covid year and the portal will still be there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT