ADVERTISEMENT

Whitmore feels wanted at UNC

I agree 100% with everything just said D! BUT it is all predicated on several things that haven't happened yet and if any 2 of them don't happen Leaky remains the best option. Variables:

1. Leaky doesn't improve significantly in his shooting (can be easily accomplished by only taking good shots from Mid-Range in + reducing self imposed pressure on freethrows)
2. Leaky doesn't recover his confidence (health, fewer positions to think about, and new atmosphere on the team)
3. Mckoy equals Leaky on D and surpasses him on O
4. Puff makes a drastic leap in performance, health, conditioning, and strength.\
5. Hubs feels pressure from UNC stakeholders to win immediately (doesn't seem to be the Carolina Way)

I'm betting on health, a normal off season, and a new focus on 3/4 only + no more 3 point shots will let us see the real Leaky! If not, it is great to have multiple options behind him to take up the slack! I guarantee Leaky will be a major contributor whether that is off the bench or starting!

Reactions: DSouthr and TheGLOV
I agree 100% with everything just said D! BUT it is all predicated on several things that haven't happened yet and if any 2 of them don't happen Leaky remains the best option. Variables:

1. Leaky doesn't improve significantly in his shooting (can be easily accomplished by only taking good shots from Mid-Range in + reducing self imposed pressure on freethrows)
2. Leaky doesn't recover his confidence (health, fewer positions to think about, and new atmosphere on the team)
3. Mckoy equals Leaky on D and surpasses him on O
4. Puff makes a drastic leap in performance, health, conditioning, and strength.\
5. Hubs feels pressure from UNC stakeholders to win immediately (doesn't seem to be the Carolina Way)

I'm betting on health, a normal off season, and a new focus on 3/4 only + no more 3 point shots will let us see the real Leaky! If not, it is great to have multiple options behind him to take up the slack! I guarantee Leaky will be a major contributor whether that is off the bench or starting!

"D" who?

;)

Yep! Gonna be Villanova like I suggested many moons ago lol I really like his game but I’m glad we got Nickel..gonna be a great Heel
LOL, well, if you have read anything i have shared about this you already know how I feel, I wanted Nickel because I believe he fits what Hubert is looking to do perfectly and frankly, I think he is a more effective over all player. Whitmore just didn't blow me away, he is a fine talent but I do think he is over hyped, he is a slasher and streaky jump shooter, when he is on he can rack up a lot of points but when he isn't, he is a over all negative because he is more of a volume shooter that can shoot you out of as many games as he shoots you in to. I would have preferred had we not got Nickel that we didn't add anyone else at the 3.

Cam Whitmore announces tomorrow at 3pm and lists UNC to increase ratings.
And I hate that, really wish these kids would include in their final selection lists teams that they are not just willing to play for but programs willing to take them at the time of their announcement and UNC is NOT, is NOT, is NOT taking Whitmore now that we have Nickel. So why have us on your final list if you let the moment pass? LOL

Reactions: TheGLOV
Move on folks, nothing to see here. Let's lock it up. Don't give a "Nickel" about Cam. Would be great if we play against him someday down the road.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I hate we missed out on him. I wonder what happened. We were the school to beat and after his official it seemed to go south. Or north as it were. I think he would have played well together with Seth and Jalen. I think they all would have complimented each other.

I shed no tears regarding his decision.
I am a big fan of Cam Whitmore. I live a few miles from his school and several folks up here in the DMV were certain that he was going to commit to UNC. With the portal, you never know. I agree, time to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT