ADVERTISEMENT

Whitmore feels wanted at UNC

Hubert is getting a huge head start on “the Mouth”. It will pay dividends. Hopefully, d00k will flame out in the first round again and send Knight Lite out with a whimper instead of a bang. Then the huge transition begins for their program. Hubert will have a year at the helm under his belt. And he will have a significant recruiting advantage because he is black. That is already bearing fruit. It should continue to do so.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I suspect Filapowski may wait and be a late commit for where ever he ends up, at this point that would be the smart move for him. If duke is his spot, it would make sense to see how the coming season turns out for them and see who may be there to play beside considering that K will no longer be the coach after next season and who knows how Scheyer will run that program or how successful Scheyer will be as a recruiter with the final word. Much more is known now about how successful Hubert may be recruiting than is known about Scheyer and we have a much better idea on how Hubert will build his teams and style of play than we know about scheyer. It is more of the known vs more of the unknown that leads me to think our chances with Filipowski would go way up if we can get a visit.
I imagine Duke fans are getting worried. Scheyer needs a commit. And probably not just a low-level commit, either.

I'm thinking about my own relief when Hubert showed he could recruit at a high level.

So far - with 1 exception - Scheyer has only offered top-50 players. Three 5-star players and three 4-star players (plus an outlier 3-star guy).

When does he cast a wider net that goes deeper into the rankings?

Scheyer needs to show he can succeed. He was reputed to be a good recruiter for K, but can he recruit as well for himself?

I wonder how much help K is giving him?

I imagine Duke fans are getting worried. Scheyer needs a commit. And probably not just a low-level commit, either.

I'm thinking about my own relief when Hubert showed he could recruit at a high level.

So far - with 1 exception - Scheyer has only offered top-50 players. Three 5-star players and three 4-star players (plus an outlier 3-star guy).

When does he cast a wider net that goes deeper into the rankings?

Scheyer needs to show he can succeed. He was reputed to be a good recruiter for K, but can he recruit as well for himself?

I wonder how much help K is giving him?
Ya know, that is a good question because I really do believe that K would NOT exactly be heart broke if Scheyer did not succeed, it would point out that what he did was not exactly easy and as such framing K as masterful. For most of his career, I hate it but would have to agree, K was a master coach but the last 10yrs to me have been framed as a coach just wanting to hang on to the glory of days past and hoping he can snag talent so large that he can win with out having to coach to the level that got him where he is. He has been coaching on fumes for the last several years now.

Last edited:
Reactions: tilador and TheGLOV
I suspect Filapowski may wait and be a late commit for where ever he ends up, at this point that would be the smart move for him. If duke is his spot, it would make sense to see how the coming season turns out for them and see who may be there to play beside considering that K will no longer be the coach after next season and who knows how Scheyer will run that program or how successful Scheyer will be as a recruiter with the final word. Much more is known now about how successful Hubert may be recruiting than is known about Scheyer and we have a much better idea on how Hubert will build his teams and style of play than we know about scheyer. It is more of the known vs more of the unknown that leads me to think our chances with Filipowski would go way up if we can get a visit.
Finally got around to looking at a few Traudt clips.

He'd be good, too.

Let's not forget that much of Krazywhiskey's cachet was his being the US Olympic Team's head coach for years. Players wanted to play for Knight Lite more than they did Duke. I'll guarantee there are a lot of anxious Duke fans right about now. Hubert has gotten off to a rollicking start and Scheyer is still a bridesmaid for another year. The transitions from two HOF coaches to two coaches who have zero HC experience should be very interesting to watch.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
scheyer will land a top class next yr ... i can see lebrons boy committing there among other stars ........ money talks ...
i agree hubcap is doing great recruiting . scheyer will too as much as i despise the dookies

also i can see scheyer coaching the next Olympic basketbal team per K's request

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Archer2 and TheGLOV
scheyer will land a top class next yr ... i can see lebrons boy committing there among other stars ........ money talks ...
i agree hubcap is doing great recruiting . scheyer will too as much as i despise the dookies

also i can see scheyer coaching the next Olympic basketbal team per K's request

Scheyer coaching the Olympic team Is a bad joke (imo). In fact I believe he will indeed fail at D

Scheyer coaching the Olympic team Is a bad joke (imo). In fact I believe he will indeed fail at D
This May be the completely wrong view to have, but I feel Ks ego In a way is so huge, that he wants whoever would follow him to fail. Maybe not completely bomb, but no way come in and do even close to what he did.

Even though Grant Hill is taking over managing the Olympic team, there is no way Face will be the coach! There is an outside chance he will be added as a lower level or assistant coach though and this would be a slap in the face for the experienced coaches out there!

Let's not forget that much of Krazywhiskey's cachet was his being the US Olympic Team's head coach for years. Players wanted to play for Knight Lite more than they did Duke. I'll guarantee there are a lot of anxious Duke fans right about now. Hubert has gotten off to a rollicking start and Scheyer is still a bridesmaid for another year. The transitions from two HOF coaches to two coaches who have zero HC experience should be very interesting to watch.
US gig was VERY helpful which is why he was the first to make it an ongoing thing rather than once and let the next guy have an opportunity. I also don't think you can underestimate the role Nike played. Nike absolutely pushed kids towards dook and their influence on the AAU circuit put them in the ear of EVERY top prospect. Would be interesting to how many top players from Nike-affiliated teams went to dook.

US gig was VERY helpful which is why he was the first to make it an ongoing thing rather than once and let the next guy have an opportunity. I also don't think you can underestimate the role Nike played. Nike absolutely pushed kids towards dook and their influence on the AAU circuit put them in the ear of EVERY top prospect. Would be interesting to how many top players from Nike-affiliated teams went to dook.
They pushed kids to Nike schools, UNC being one of the biggest of them. Pot meet kettle for that complaint.

Cam Whitmore discusses recruitment, sets commitment timeline: "I feel wanted" at UNC​

Fast-rising four-star small forward Cam Whitmore is down to 10 schools and plans on a winter decision. On North Carolina: "I have a good relationship with the coach. The head coach cares about his players, he cares about me so I feel wanted there. I like how he knows what he's talking about for the development piece. So I think they could be a good fit." (247 Sports)

North Carolina

Warm
P Jeff Lebo

He's ours I tell you!

I laugh at these Rivals Forecast commitment statistics!

Forecast Totals
Forecasts statistics as of 08/20/2021.
08/20/2021

SCHOOLANALYSTSPUBLISHERSFANSFORECAST %
Maryland-300.png

Maryland
1831.0%
PittsburghPanthers.png

Pittsburgh
931.0%
illinois_300.png

Illinois
310.3%
uconn.png

Connecticut
26.9%
Georgetown-Hoyas_300.png

Georgetown
26.9%
north-carolina_300.png

North Carolina
26.9%
Creighton_o-300x300.png

Creighton
13.4%
ppb.png

Penn State
13.4%

Last edited:
  • Nothing too notable, but 247’s Director of Basketball Recruiting, Eric Bossi, went as far as to say UNC is “in good shape” with Cam Whitmore ahead of his visit this weekend, though Illinois, Villanova, Maryland, and Georgetown are still also major players for him. Whitmore seems to be the staff’s biggest priority right now and this visit is going to be absolutely huge for Hubert Davis as he tries to fill out his first recruiting class by adding a wing whose stock just keeps rising.

Does anyone know how Whitmore’s visit is going so far? I hope the kid is mesmerized by our school’s campus basketball facilities and tradition

Other Unis make you itch, so put on the Tar Heel blue; kick some arse; and look good while you are doing it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT