ADVERTISEMENT

Who is your Player of the Game?

My pick is Chazz Surratt.

Absolutely, number one pick for player of the game is Chazz.

On the second line Wolfolk. His 2nd interception was a thing of beauty.

Got to put Marcus McKethan in the top 5. Would like to see his grade out for the game comparative to other O lineman. He was rocking some gamecocks on Saturday.

Reactions: amosmouzon
Really a Team effort all around...

But for me it has to be Chazz...Kid was flying around and making plays...And he is only going to get better...

Reactions: amosmouzon
Sam. For a true freshman to have the game he had in his first game...

ETA:

As far as positions, I would give the game ball to the OL. They dominated SC's hyped SEC DL, and by hyped I'm not just talking about their fans, sports writers were calling their DL a top 3 SEC DL. Our OL opened up big holes for our deep RB corp to run through and protected Sam pretty well when he dropped back to pass.

Last edited:
Got to put Marcus McKethan in the top 5. Would like to see his grade out for the game comparative to other O lineman. He was rocking some gamecocks on Saturday.
Both guards -- McKethan and Montilus -- were outstanding. If we can get that same kind of production from the O line all season, I'll be really happy.

Miami's front 7 is arguably going to present a stiffer challenge than USCjr's did.

Reactions: Archer2
I chose Surratt because almost all of us felt that going into the game the weakest position group was LB. And Surratt stood up and made 12 tackles and was around the ball the entire game.

Man if Surratt can master the "open field one on one" tackle... that young man will be playing on Sundays. Scary to see how good he will be after 4-5 more games.

Man if Surratt can master the "open field one on one" tackle... that young man will be playing on Sundays. Scary to see how good he will be after 4-5 more games.
Mack has said this week that he sees Surratt playing in the pros.

I'm going with Crawford. He was commanding some double-teams, and when he wasn't doubled he got push, sacks, tfls, etc. With big dogs like Crawford the linebackers and safeties have a tougher job. He might be the most important player on the D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT