ADVERTISEMENT

Who Would You Add to Make This Team Better?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
This team is so loaded that it's tempting to say we don't need anyone. But every team can be improved. And this team has some uncertainties.

So here's the challenge: You can pick one UNC player from the last decade. Who do you pick?

I'm leaning toward Justin or Cam, but I'll wait to see what you guys say.

The only position I’m worried ab is the 3. We’re thin, at best, w Leaky and Puff (whose unproven). But I’d say Barnes, or JJ, and I’ll do you one better who would’ve been realistic, Nas. You imagine that dude if he would’ve stayed just one more year?? Bush league his jr yr

This team is loaded. They do not need anyone else on the roster. They need to simply improve what is already available...

Weezy! Shooting is the only ? I see! Wait..this decade, lol-JJ then! (Leaky has the 3 on lock) Maybe a healthy Manley/Ant could be interesting but we really don't need Bigs and 2 is covered.

The more I think about it, the more I lean toward Reggie. As a junior, Reggie

Led* the team in
TS%
3pt%
2pt%
MPG
Not fouling

was 2nd* in
Rebounds
Assist:TO ratio

Plus Reggie started at both SG and SF.

A big factor that should work for this team is that Reggie was never a ball hog. With all the talent we have on this 2020-21 team, adding a guy who can shoot, but doesn't have to, and who rarely makes mistakes, could be the perfect glue for this team.

*when I say led or 2nd, that's compared with the other main players; there are always some low-minute guys who edge out the starters and main subs in a few categories

All that said, JJ and Cam would still be excellent choices. Cam shot better, but JJ was more versatile.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Marcus or Justin. I’d probably lean Marcus. Alhough 3 is the bigger need, Caleb could slide to the 2 and RJ would provide a spark off the bench.

Weezy! Shooting is the only ? I see! Wait..this decade, lol-JJ then! (Leaky has the 3 on lock) Maybe a healthy Manley/Ant could be interesting but we really don't need Bigs and 2 is covered.
Has the 3 on lock? The dude isn't even good.

• Sad
I think I'll take the word of a HOF coach who routinely inserts Leaky in the starting lineup over a string of letters! (just noticed the irony in my own post, lol!) Maybe "Good" is one of those millennial reboots that I simply never understand! Dude wasn't healthy and didn't play up to his potential, but I expect to see a different person this year!

Leaky is a guaranteed starter all year unless he isn't healthy!

Reactions: Archer2
Dude wasn't healthy and didn't play up to his potential, but I expect to see a different person this year!
Leaky is a guaranteed starter all year unless he isn't healthy!
I agree. And with at least three natural scorers on this team in Love, Davis, and Brooks, Leaky can concentrate on playing defense, rebounding, and scoring at the rim. I'd love to see him be a facilitator from the SF position in Theo's mold.

Exactly! It would take a rare individual indeed to handle being asked to play 4 different positions in the best case scenario! BUT: add in multiple injuries, a decided lack of scoring/shooting, depleted bench, never developing continuity with your teammates due to team injuries, PG being such a demanding position here, unfair expectations/criticism, never being able to get in shape + limited off-season work and you have the perfect storm of suck! The kid is a leader and will bounce back and surprise the unbelievers! .....or they can keep on thinking they know more than Roy I guess!

I agree buddy. We've only seen brief flashes of a healthy Leaky Black. If he is healthy, he will have the opportunity to play within his comfort level at SF. That leaves Puff and possibly even Kerwin to back him up. I think Kerwin might get a little time at both swing positions.

As for who I would add, I would add a senior Kendall Marshall. With that kind of leadership and his passing ability, we would be dominant.

Walton does seem to be the forgotten recruit! Could be his ranking (which I feel is way too low) or his loner type personality. The quiet assassins are the ones to watch out for!

Reactions: alabamaheel
Walton does seem to be the forgotten recruit! Could be his ranking (which I feel is way too low) or his loner type personality. The quiet assassins are the ones to watch out for!
I'll bet he's glad he's not in snow up to his butt. Those Minnesota winters start early.

If he can shoot from the perimeter, he can be a lone wolf if he wants to.

I would add a senior Kendall Marshall. With that kind of leadership and his passing ability, we would be dominant.
When you think back, Kendall sure did love finding his good bigs with great passes. So, yeah, could be a fine fit.

The main reason I didn't pick someone for that position is that I feel confident Caleb and RJ will be a solid fit for us.

When you think back, Kendall sure did love finding his good bigs with great passes. So, yeah, could be a fine fit.

The main reason I didn't pick someone for that position is that I feel confident Caleb and RJ will be a solid fit for us.
I think so too. Between Caleb, RJ, Ant, Kerwin, and Andrew, we’ve got the guard positions covered. Oh, don’t forget Lebo. Can’t call him by his Christian name. He’s a pretty good player.

ADVERTISEMENT