ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ruder Play in the Bowl ?

Barry 24

Freshman
Jul 22, 2019
Before the season, I was confident that Jace Ruder would start against South Carolina based upon his sensational play last year against Georgia Tech. I hope that he plays two series in the Bowl game. There is nothing like a real game to show what you need to work on

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Before the season, I was confident that Jace Ruder would start against South Carolina based upon his sensational play last year against Georgia Tech. I hope that he plays two series in the Bowl game. There is nothing like a real game to show what you need to work on
If he's healthy, he will play. We need him to get game experience.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Wow, you think that would happen?
If so, that really sucks since Mack desperately wanted to get this team to a bowl game FOR the seniors.
I'm only asking because it has become a fairly common occurrence in the last few years. It'd be great if nobody did, but I'm not going to get upset if Strowbridge or any other pro prospect sits out to avoid an injury. It's a business decision and bowls are basically glorified exhibitions IMO, although I enjoy them a lot.

he might play some mop up if we have a decisive lead. if it's a close game he won't play for obvious reasons.

I know his family has been adamant about him staying at Carolina but I doubt he's back next year. I just don't see why he would stick around when he could almost certainly start somewhere else. I've got no problem with a guy transferring so he can play. Nobody gets to that level by being content as a backup.

Reactions: franklin street
I know his family has been adamant about him staying at Carolina but I doubt he's back next year. I just don't see why he would stick around when he could almost certainly start somewhere else. I've got no problem with a guy transferring so he can play. Nobody gets to that level by being content as a backup.
Just throwing this out there. He’s been accepted into Kenan Flagler and he is definitely a candidate to apply for a 6th year with the NCAA. Things could work out beautifully for both Jace and UNC.

Just throwing this out there. He’s been accepted into Kenan Flagler and he is definitely a candidate to apply for a 6th year with the NCAA. Things could work out beautifully for both Jace and UNC.
I hadn't thought about the 6th year request. Injuries in back to back years with virtually zero game time in each season should be so deserving. The NCAA has granted a 6th year to guys who played more during their 2 or 3 season-ending injury years.

But the NCAA might like to stick to UNC once again. With that as a possibility, my advice to Jace's parents: be prepared to have a lawyer talk tough to the NCAA. If Jace wants to play - not be injured - for 4 years and earn an MBA while doing so, he might have to fight the NCAA.

If there’s ever been a good case for a sixth year, it’s Ruder, if he so desires. I hope he stays but I understand if he doesn’t. I just hope we don’t lose Boaz or Criswell. Signing day can’t get here soon enough. Sure hope Evans gets on board too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT