ADVERTISEMENT

Words From The THI Publisher

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
It has been been brought to my attention that one of the things that makes our community special has been compromised lately on this board.

Without getting into specifics, our boards are a place where well-thought observations and opinions can be shared without the poster's fear of a backlash, and it's also a place where other members go not to read overtly and unjust inflammatory comments about anyone, including the Tar Heels and other posters.

I know sometimes we take reactions to our words personally, even seasoned professionals as myself do that at times, but we can't stand for negative exchanges that disrupt an otherwise enjoyable experience for the community.

Sometimes, strong opinions are fair and just, and as long as they aren't personal attacks or simply poisonous, they need to stand on their own. I want everyone to know you can express yourselves openly and honestly, but also do so understanding that you are just one part of a larger entity.

Thank you for adhering to this and lets make this the most informed and most appealing place to discuss UNC athletics and the ACC. This also goes to OOTB and any board on this site.

- Andrew Jones
Publisher, Tar Heel Illustrated

It has been been brought to my attention that one of the things that makes our community special has been compromised lately on this board.

Without getting into specifics, our boards are a place where well-thought observations and opinions can be shared without the poster's fear of a backlash, and it's also a place where other members go not to read overtly and unjust inflammatory comments about anyone, including the Tar Heels and other posters.

I know sometimes we take reactions to our words personally, even seasoned professionals as myself do that at times, but we can't stand for negative exchanges that disrupt an otherwise enjoyable experience for the community.

Sometimes, strong opinions are fair and just, and as long as they aren't personal attacks or simply poisonous, they need to stand on their own. I want everyone to know you can express yourselves openly and honestly, but also do so understanding that you are just one part of a larger entity.

Thank you for adhering to this and lets make this the most informed and most appealing place to discuss UNC athletics and the ACC. This also goes to OOTB and any board on this site.

- Andrew Jones
Publisher, Tar Heel Illustrated

Very well said Andrew !!!

Reactions: gary-7
This is what I'm talking about!

May I humbly add; please don't feed the trolls! If we ignore them they will leave.

Tar Heel Family!

Reactions: Ozheelfan
Thank you very much for this.... it was needed IMO.

HOPEFULLY all parties involved will take a renewed commitment for mutual respect in their posts, regardless of whether they agree or disagree with their fellow posters.

GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Reactions: FORREST GUMP
It would be nice if we could make Radar a speech free board . . . those long tearful goodbyes are absolutely heart wrenching.

Reactions: UNC '92
It would be nice if we could make Radar a speech free board . . . those long tearful goodbyes are absolutely heart wrenching.

The free speech that you thirst for can be achieved when you invest in buying yuur own web site. This site is owned by someone else and as such is subject to the rules of order established by the ownership.

But by all means correct me if I am wrong and I hope folks hearts can withstand this trauma...

Last edited:
Reactions: shun1 and TheGLOV
The free speech that you thirst for can be achieved when you invest in buying yuur own web site. This site is owned by someone else and as such is subject to the rules of order established by the ownership.

But by all means correct me if I am wrong and I hope folks hearts can withstand this trauma...
I think you misunderstood. He said speech free board, not free speech board. Just a little humor to lighten the mood.

Reactions: BillyL and DSouthr

No free speech issues here, just decorum and respect issues. For the same reason you can't kick the chair in front of you and scream and yell in a movie theater, we have boundaries here. It's so a broader range of people can enjoy themselves. I am sure there are other places to go if people are more interested in flame throwing and personal attacks.

cool-hand-luke-quotes-3.gif

Nobody said anything about free speech . .

Maybe, Mikey could help you. Ask him . .

Mikey can answer a question I asked you? You said you set a record straight and I ask how you figured that and YOU can't answer that simple question?

I want to thank Mr. Jones and all the Mods and congratulate them on their, so far, successful efforts in creating an atmosphere of collegiality, tolerance, and respect for the opinion of others on Radar. This board has been, by far, the best site on the web for informed and insightful discussion of all things Carolina Basketball the past two weeks. Diverse opinions and spirited debates have replaced the personal attacks and posters who lurk more than post are starting to join in.
I know this board doesn't pay the bills but it is a gateway drug that entices many of us to pay for premium content. This improved free product can only help.

I want to thank Mr. Jones and all the Mods and congratulate them on their, so far, successful efforts in creating an atmosphere of collegiality, tolerance, and respect for the opinion of others on Radar. This board has been, by far, the best site on the web for informed and insightful discussion of all things Carolina Basketball the past two weeks. Diverse opinions and spirited debates have replaced the personal attacks and posters who lurk more than post are starting to join in.
I know this board doesn't pay the bills but it is a gateway drug that entices many of us to pay for premium content. This improved free product can only help.

Sir, I don't know who you are but I would love for you to join in on our discussions more. What you have just shared is EXACTLY what I want this place to be. I want us to have this place be known for exactly what you describe and our mods have done a wonderful job of getting us back to just that. It would be absolutely fantastic to have you and those that do lurk to join our discussions much more than we have seen. You get a standing ovation from me for this post!!!!!!!!

So, we all good?
Did anyone see how much Stokes jumped in the latest rankings? Ole Roy gotta go - GO GETTUM Coach!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT