ADVERTISEMENT

Would You Pay $51 to Watch UNC on TV in the NCAA Championship Game (if they get there)?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
That's the dilemma I hope to be facing next April.

Usually I sign up for Sling TV (Orange + Sports add-on), which currently goes for $51/mo. I sign up just before our first game and cancel after the NCAA tournament.

Normally that means signing up for 5 months. Last year, for example, our first game was 11/7 and the championship game was 4/3.

But this year our first game is 11/6 and the NCAA championship game is 4/8. Six months.

Fingers crossed that we make it all the way . . . and it's on CBS.

So far I have been able to watch every game we have had in football this season LIVE on Youtube, not Youtube TV by the way, just regular ole Youtube. Was able to last season for both football and basketball with the exception of 2 basketball games that got cut off around half time, was able to watch the full game replay of both right after the game ended. I simply go to youtube, search for UNC vs who ever we are playing and scroll down till I see the 2023 game live, easy actually!

yall still pay for TV?

You Guys are Getting Paid Meme Generator - Imgflip

So far I have been able to watch every game we have had in football this season LIVE on Youtube, not Youtube TV by the way, just regular ole Youtube. Was able to last season for both football and basketball with the exception of 2 basketball games that got cut off around half time, was able to watch the full game replay of both right after the game ended. I simply go to youtube, search for UNC vs who ever we are playing and scroll down till I see the 2023 game live, easy actually!
Thanks. I'm apparently a crappy YouTube searcher, because I tried that on blacked-out games last season and it worked once or twice to give me a delayed broadcast, but not the other couple of times. I don't mind the delay so if I could be sure of getting them the next day, that would be OK.

This year in football, I have been able to watch "condensed" versions where they show 20 minutes or so of the best plays. That's great for me because I'm mainly a basketball fan, so 20 minutes of highlights does the job quite nicely. I want the whole basketball game, though.

Maybe I'll try it your way this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT