ADVERTISEMENT

🚨 MARK YOUR CALENDARS 🚨 LIVE ACTION with Carolina Basketball!!!

DaSheed

Senior
Mar 26, 2016
Formerly known as Late Night

Friday, September 30
Dean Dome
6:00PM - Doors Open
7:30 PM - Event Starts

For those UNC fans who don’t understand the reference to the name change…

7-EB60340-FE2-E-4655-8-B47-D21572080-D7-B.gif

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I'll be there as usual and I might be with my son and wife (if I can convince her! She might be done after the Blue/White + Football day, lol!) This is truly an exciting time to be a Tar Heel! Feels like the good old days!

Hubs is clearly the next great human being who turns out to be an awesome head coach! The team is close knit; talented; deep; and skilled!
GDTBATH!

Hard to Call it Late Night with Roy, IMO!

Live Action is what I want to see all year!

I actually thought Hubert coined the phrase. I don’t ever remember hearing that before and I thought Hubert just said it off the cuff. Did some Googling and found this:

Live-action is used to define film, video games or similar visual media. According to the Cambridge English Dictionary, live action "[involves] real people or animals, not models, or images that are drawn, or produced by computer."

Funny how some things just catch on

So, to be clear, you guys want UNC to stay with the name, Late Night with Roy to prevent unnecessary change? (was there a problem when DES allowed "Primetime Madness and then changed it to Midnight Madness or when Roy changed it to Late Night with Roy?) To me that would be a bit confusing. Change in leadership; play style; recruiting strategy; and coaching staff seem to demand many necessary changes to some traditions! It shows we are not so stuck in our ways that we lose the chance to appeal to younger generations without compromising our ideals! The great news is Hubs is rooted in the most important aspects of Carolina: Family, Integrity, Work Ethic, Community Service, Perseverance that together equal The Way!

If we accept Hubs as our coach, we must accept his right to put his stamp on the team and its traditions!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT