ADVERTISEMENT

WhatTheHeel?

All-American
Mar 31, 2002
After nearly 14 years of being a patron of these boards (including goheels.com) I have reached 1,000 posts. I wanted to mark the occasion by expressing how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions over the years. I don't usually contribute much of substance and I tend to forget to go back to threads after I've posted to see if anyone yelled at me, but I still enjoy spending a few minutes each day seeing what's going on in the THI community.

I don't know any of you personally, but I like the fact that this is a somewhat diverse group who for the most part gets along with those of differing opinions. I have a group of friends I run with who are the same way. We range from atheist to fundamentalist Christian (even a Muslim, though he lives in another town and I don't see much of him.) Politically, we're far right to far left. Economically and professionally, we span a broad range of professions and income levels. But we're all united by a shared love of being outside on trails in the NC mountains. We can discuss our different views, and sometimes do, but there's always an underlying agreement that we will disagree and there isn't really any attempt to change the other person's views. While some of the discussions here can get really heated, I don't think anyone loses sleep over them and many times, it seems to be forgotten the next day, when a new set of threads are posted.

Anyway, my second thousand posts probably won't be any more substantial or meaningful. Perhaps they'll come a little quicker. Perhaps not. Regardless, I've enjoyed getting to "know" everyone over the years and form my own mental image of you through your posts and avatars. I still picture Gteeitup as the spitting image of Ian McShane... :D

images

After nearly 14 years of being a patron of these boards (including goheels.com) I have reached 1,000 posts. I wanted to mark the occasion by expressing how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and opinions over the years. I don't usually contribute much of substance and I tend to forget to go back to threads after I've posted to see if anyone yelled at me, but I still enjoy spending a few minutes each day seeing what's going on in the THI community.

I don't know any of you personally, but I like the fact that this is a somewhat diverse group who for the most part gets along with those of differing opinions. I have a group of friends I run with who are the same way. We range from atheist to fundamentalist Christian (even a Muslim, though he lives in another town and I don't see much of him.) Politically, we're far right to far left. Economically and professionally, we span a broad range of professions and income levels. But we're all united by a shared love of being outside on trails in the NC mountains. We can discuss our different views, and sometimes do, but there's always an underlying agreement that we will disagree and there isn't really any attempt to change the other person's views. While some of the discussions here can get really heated, I don't think anyone loses sleep over them and many times, it seems to be forgotten the next day, when a new set of threads are posted.

Anyway, my second thousand posts probably won't be any more substantial or meaningful. Perhaps they'll come a little quicker. Perhaps not. Regardless, I've enjoyed getting to "know" everyone over the years and form my own mental image of you through your posts and avatars. I still picture Gteeitup as the spitting image of Ian McShane... :D
Cut the BS. Where's the women? lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT