ADVERTISEMENT

1-6

Tough game to watch. UK was more talented and actually has a better plan than Louisville offensively ( Louisville does not have a plan) Kentucky just can't shoot AT ALL.

Free throw shooting killed UK. Lousiville's offense down the stretch was awful. They were lucky pull out the win.

As much as we are struggling and have much to improve upon, it is a sheer delight to visit RR and just witness the agony and sufferings of those kitty kat fans.
I am shocked at just WHAT they expected with Cals approach of constant reloading and relying on OAD and the latest 5 star and having no sr or even jr leadership. THAT matters in college basketball and he abandoned that years ago.

As much as we are struggling and have much to improve upon, it is a sheer delight to visit RR and just witness the agony and sufferings of those kitty kat fans.
I am shocked at just WHAT they expected with Cals approach of constant reloading and relying on OAD and the latest 5 star and having no sr or even jr leadership. THAT matters in college basketball and he abandoned that years ago.
d00k is experiencing some of those same issues.

Have a feeling the tables are a bit turned this season for both UK and Dook. We couldn’t afford one injury last year, and that was Cole. Dook couldn’t afford either Jalen or Hurt. And now it’s looking a lot more like UK could really use any kind of maturity it can get (Keion). With how tough both the ACC and SEC is this year, I’m willing to call it. Dook plays for the single bye and UK plays just below .500 this season.

They’re talented, but young and lacking outside shooters, much like us.
Except we have NBA bigs and when our kids grow up our bigs will be even better. But yeah we can't shoot either. Play Platek more until somebody actually beats him out. Has not happened yet this season in my opinion.

Except we have NBA bigs and when our kids grow up our bigs will be even better. But yeah we can't shoot either. Play Platek more until somebody actually beats him out. Has not happened yet this season in my opinion.
3 NBA bigs, and none named Brooks.😕

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
what good is talent but you cant shoot!!!?...the name of the game is to SCORE..so a talented player can run, dribble but has no shot(even from the free throw line-undefended)...Ha!

They’re talented, but young and lacking outside shooters, much like us.

Arch buddy, I talked about this for many years, I have said many times that when the college game is no longer able to get the best 5-7 players in a given class that those programs that have got so used to having the real game changers (that is the top 5 to 7 players in most classes) that the wheel will turn to the coaches that built teams because outside of those top 5-7 guys you are not going to out talent teams like you could with talents like Anthony Davis or Zion.

We get a prelude of that now in part due to covid altering how coaches are able to prepare their teams but in large part as well due to this particular class of freshmen not having the real game changer talents that just dominate as freshmen. What happens is the kids that the college game does get have to be developed some when the clear REAL 1&Ds skip the college game. What Ky now has, same as duke as well as UNC, are very talented freshmen, yet guys that need to developed their game for the NBA variety. That is what Bacot was, he had NBA talent day 1 but that talent was not developed, you are now able to see how his talent is beginning to develop. Take the Boston kid for Ky, there is a ton that kid needs to work on before he ever even thinks about being a NBA player but he is at a awful place for that to ever happen. Kal does not develop talent, he reloads talent, that is his deal since he has been at Ky.

Reactions: Archer2 and MWHeels
Arch buddy, I talked about this for many years, I have said many times that when the college game is no longer able to get the best 5-7 players in a given class that those programs that have got so used to having the real game changers (that is the top 5 to 7 players in most classes) that the wheel will turn to the coaches that built teams because outside of those top 5-7 guys you are not going to out talent teams like you could with talents like Anthony Davis or Zion.

We get a prelude of that now in part due to covid altering how coaches are able to prepare their teams but in large part as well due to this particular class of freshmen not having the real game changer talents that just dominate as freshmen. What happens is the kids that the college game does get have to be developed some when the clear REAL 1&Ds skip the college game. What Ky now has, same as duke as well as UNC, are very talented freshmen, yet guys that need to developed their game for the NBA variety. That is what Bacot was, he had NBA talent day 1 but that talent was not developed, you are now able to see how his talent is beginning to develop. Take the Boston kid for Ky, there is a ton that kid needs to work on before he ever even thinks about being a NBA player but he is at a awful place for that to ever happen. Kal does not develop talent, he reloads talent, that is his deal since he has been at Ky.

Well said

We shouldn’t be talking bad about anyone’s shooting. On any given night, we can be the worst shooting team in the nation
Oh completely agree, difference is this UNC team is loaded up front and when the young guards grow up our bigs will be even better.
Roy also nedds to pkay Platek until somebody actually beats him out this season. Hasn't happened yet in my opinion.

Kentucky, Duke, and to a little lesser of a degree UNC, are all having the same problem. Covid has caused everyone some issues. But major issues for those teams that seem to have a lot of changing parts. And you get those teams listed above that are recruiting high level players, where they have to deal with OAD's and unusually high turnover, and this is what you get in this situation. They may all get their issues smoothed out, but they may not. A season like this presents a huge advantage for lesser talented, but more veteran teams.

Uhhhhh guys...this is the "Laugh@Kaintuck" thread..

Bahahawahahahawahahahawaha!

And I still love it!

Reading coRUPPt Rafters has been a slice of Heaven lately. Here's hoping for an eternal losing streak, lol.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT