Pitt
Miami

Away
FSU
VT
Louisville
Notre Dame
Virginia

25-0 by the time the Dook comes to town....
:p

Easy. We're going to be good. But I don't see 25-0. You know Roy. He will tinker with line ups so much in the first 10-15 games just trying to see what works. I have always appreciated that about Roy (and Dean). They aren't afraid to lose a game for the sake of improvement down the road - the greater good. By playing guys early in the season, it often makes us fans say, "WTF Roy?...why is this stupid line up out there together?" But lo and behold, we're forced into a situation in March where we have to put some weird line up on the floor and we're better prepared because of Roy's foresight and preparation. Also, sadly, I'm still not sold on this team's mental toughness. I see it as entirely possible, if not probable, that we'll lose a game early we shouldn't just because of complacency, disinterest, etc. I won't like seeing it, but I can live with it in December. 19 year olds are still 19 year olds and they easily lose focus. When it happens in March is when I get upset.

There are plenty of games in the first 20 that will test us.
UCLA
No. Iowa
Maryland
Texas
FSU
Syracuse

Long story short - I think it's unrealistic to think we'll be 25-0 when duke comes to town. And I just hate it for you, Coke because you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. Win 6 in March/April and the start of the season means nothing.

Maryland, Texas, Syracuse will all be very big tests. Those are the kind of games that prepare you for March, wouldn't cry over a loss or two in these tough games. It builds character and chemistry.

For me living in Minneapolis, I like the idea of them playing in a couple places that are drivable distance to see them - Northern Iowa, and a pre-Thanksgiving tourney in Kansas City.

I hope to get to see them in round 1 of the tourney (hopefully in Raleigh) as well.

I will be at the opener in Annapolis against Temple. I live only 30 miles from Annapolis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT