ADVERTISEMENT

176th ranked Strength of Schedule?

UNCGridironFanatic

Sophomore
Sep 20, 2015
We all know that moo has an absurdly weak schedule. But Sagarin has them at #176, SOS. As Raising Heel points out, there are only 127 FBS teams! So, there are 48 FCS schools who to this point have played a tougher schedule than has moo?!

Pathetic. What a bunch of cowards!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jarrod Hardy
So we are top half of FBS; moo is beyond the worst in FBS, behind 48 FCS teams. Sounds about like everything else the two schools do from a performance perspective.

Not exactly. There are some FBS teams that rank behind them (e.g. Boston College at 214) and some FCS teams that rank ahead of plenty of FBS teams (e.g. Toledo at 25). The point remains that their schedule is anemic though.

Boston College is at 214 after playing Florida St.?? That's weird...

Good point on a few other FBS teams scheduling w/ the same cowardice as the Moo.

Is difficult to imagine BC lower though, given they've played BC. Troy, E. KY., and ODU couldn't stay within 4 TDs of FSU if they were allowed to play 33 vs 11!

:( My bad. In their place, how about Eastern Washington with a SOS of 52?
RoosSkyShot.jpg

Reactions: Raising Heel
2 teams that have been FBS for only 2 years each, and tomato cans otherwise. I don't believe I've ever seen a team play so much trash in a single yr, OOC.

2 teams that have been FBS for only 2 years each, and tomato cans otherwise. I don't believe I've ever seen a team play so much trash in a single yr, OOC.
Don't understand how big time recruits would have any desire to come and play this cream puff schedule.

Don't understand how big time recruits would have any desire to come and play this cream puff schedule.

During the regular ACC portion of the season the recruits like the atmosphere at Carter-Finley. They see that Wolfpack fans zealously follow their team plus the fans enjoy the tail gating experience.

1156, do they love that atmosphere more before your redneck fans piss on them from the stands, or after 90% of you leave in the 3rd Q when you are getting your Wolpfack asses kicked????

they've been doing this since amato.
if i were a state fan i'd be po'd but i don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. they get to play 4 practice games before the conference starts plus they get to pad their win total.

they've been doing this since amato.
if i were a state fan i'd be po'd but i don't necessarily think it's a bad idea. they get to play 4 practice games before the conference starts plus they get to pad their win total.

pretty much this. we are an incredibly young team so these games helped plenty.

that being said, it's still embarrassing and as a season ticket holder it sucks.

pretty much this. we are an incredibly young team so these games helped plenty.

that being said, it's still embarrassing and as a season ticket holder it sucks.

MooU is not a young team. Experienced QB, relatively experienced OL, RBs with experience, some DL experience, not sure on the rest but there is a nucleus of experienced talent there. I could see 2 of those 4, coupled w/ a couple P5 opponents...that would be respectable. What Chairman Yow did was to schedule you to bowl eligibility, but nobody's really fooled. As usual, Moo gets their typical lucky breaks, as the Atlantic, save FSU and Clemson, SUX, and they avoided GT, Dook, and Miami from the Coastal, and got VaTech in a down year. If Moo doesn't beat BOTH daVille and VaTech, they will be exposed as a total fraud.

MooU is not a young team. Experienced QB, relatively experienced OL, RBs with experience, some DL experience, not sure on the rest but there is a nucleus of experienced talent there. I could see 2 of those 4, coupled w/ a couple P5 opponents...that would be respectable. What Chairman Yow did was to schedule you to bowl eligibility, but nobody's really fooled. As usual, Moo gets their typical lucky breaks, as the Atlantic, save FSU and Clemson, SUX, and they avoided GT, Dook, and Miami from the Coastal, and got VaTech in a down year. If Moo doesn't beat BOTH daVille and VaTech, they will be exposed as a total fraud.

ok champ. if this isn't young, not sure what is. 11 seniors is in the bottom 5 for Power 5 teams.

N.C. State will be a young team, with 70 percent of the roster in its first or second season, and it has only 11 seniors (seven are expected to start), but the group is confident after how the 2014 season finished.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article32855685.html#storylink=cpy

OK, chump; tha means that Moo has one shy of TWICE the number of seniors as last year's UNC bowl team that the same MooU media shill outlet N&Blow labelled a "huge underachiever". The 70 number also fails to differentiate between true and redshirt freshman. Heck, by definition, almost ANY team has nearly 70 in its true frosh and soph, and redshirt frosh classes.

During the regular ACC portion of the season the recruits like the atmosphere at Carter-Finley. They see that Wolfpack fans zealously follow their team plus the fans enjoy the tail gating experience.
and the excitement of possibly being shot to death by drunken mooers adds to the experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT