ADVERTISEMENT

rising-moon.jpeg

Very solid debut album for the band 1997, titled "Since My House Burned Down, I Now Own a Better View of the Rising Moon."

Super hot female lead singer aswell.

Although Shania Twain was HAF, that list SUCKS. I hated just about every song in that entire list.

Restoring order...

Reactions: tarheel0910
There are some decent songs in there and you're full of shit if you say you didn't listen to them. I haven't done any research, but I think there were other songs that came out that year as well, so there were plenty of good ones that got left off.

There are some decent songs in there and you're full of shit if you say you didn't listen to them. I haven't done any research, but I think there were other songs that came out that year as well, so there were plenty of good ones that got left off.
There may have been a couple songs in that mix that I would endure when they came on the radio, but the ONLY one of them that I owned, or even owned anything by the same artist, was Third Eye Blind. And yeah, obviously those aren't the only songs that came out in '97 and I'm sure there was some better music out there. But as a recap it was 99% crap, which was the point. I just wanted y'all to suffer.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Geez, can we keep Third Eye Blind's debut album and just wipe the rest of '97 off the record? This is five and a half minutes of shite.

Of all the songs in that video, I'd say that "MMM, Bop" is probably the best. That's how bad that collection of songs is. But it was the tail end of the Golden Age of rap music. Biggie's "Life After Death" and The Wu's double LP "Forever" came out that year. Those two alone would make it a banner year for rap music. Rakim, EPMD and Busta all put out good albums that year too.

But 1997 was a good year. I got together with my wife that year. It's hard to believe that was 20 years ago. I still think of the 90s as pretty recent.

Last edited:
Of all the songs in that video, I'd say that "MMM, Bop" is probably the best. That's how bad that collection of songs is. But it was the tail end of the Golden Age of rap music. Biggie's "Life After Death" and The Wu's double LP "Forever" came out that year. Those two alone would make it a banner year for rap music. Rakim, EPMD and Busta all put out good albums that year too.

But 1997 was a good year. I got together with my wife that year. It's hard to believe that was 20 years ago. I still think of the 90s and pretty recent.
New phone who dis?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT