ADVERTISEMENT

2 Duke players, including Paolo Banchero, arrested for DWI

dadika13

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2007
NYC

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

super secret double indefinite suspension.

DWI is serious stuff, granted the kid is 20, was driving, ran a stop sign (the famed rolling stop) and field tested at .08 so he will learn that will cost about 3,000 on his insurance over three years beyond what the DA puts on him. As to aiding and abetting DWI, yes it is a real charge, Banchero should have made a better decision, he should have driven or never gotten in the car. they are young, it won't happen to them, blah blah blah.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I got a better suggestion. Banchero should just quit like Jalen Johnson did last year and prepare for the NBA draft. The kid is already projected as the #1 pick in the draft. Now, he has good excuse to leave. How dare Duke suspend him for the first half of the next game...LMAO

"Aiding and abetting DWI" is a real thing?

Duke's next 3 games are against creampuffs. K can look like a severe disciplinarian if he wants to and the team won't suffer a bit.
My guess is he tried to switch seats with the Sarvino and say he was driving. Otherwise I have no idea what that would be.

Well, since Scabbytoes field tested at .08 he was "legally" intoxicated at age 20, guess K will throw up the it just oozzed into him through his pores at a party or some such novel approach. One report said it was Banchero's car so he may have really been buzzed to let a less intoxicated drive, hence his charge.
Just a mess for them.

what a prick of a coach to not have any balls to discipline his superstar , what a fake & a joke of a program he has ...... gotta get those wins in his last season , thats whats most important to him.... its all about K and his ego !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he doesn't even sit the kid out of a game they won by 40??? I guess the whole LOM thing has no place on the Retirement Lap! If I was a coach/grandparent, I might wonder why 2 of my players were drunk after 1am and I might wonder why my grandson was driving drunk.....but I guess I'm a little different! Did anybody hear the after game presser?.....I'm sure ratty had a typical JCD response!

One of the biggest idiots on DI implied it could be Chapel Hill police trying to hurt d00k. What a maroon!
Curiously, they were in Orange County when they were arrested by the NC State Patrol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT