ADVERTISEMENT

2 Duke players, including Paolo Banchero, arrested for DWI

So he doesn't even sit the kid out of a game they won by 40??? I guess the whole LOM thing has no place on the Retirement Lap! If I was a coach/grandparent, I might wonder why 2 of my players were drunk after 1am and I might wonder why my grandson was driving drunk.....but I guess I'm a little different! Did anybody hear the after game presser?.....I'm sure ratty had a typical JCD response!
"Handling it internally" - aka behind the Rat Curtain.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Dear Ratface:

We are in the final stages of making our selection of this year's final candidates.
Your application for Grandfather of the Year is being returned to you for updating and revision.
Apparently there were some errors (possibly typos) made when describing the accomplishments of your grandson,
Michael Savarino. Has he really only played 10 minutes and scored one point in 59 games?
Is his career at dook finished at this point since his recent arrest blemishes your university's
squeaky clean program? Quality Grandfathers typically demonstrate more love and attention to
their grandchildren. After all, his mother, YOUR DAUGHTER, is the ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS
at dook and is obviously highly qualified to perform the duties of that job. It seems out of character
that Michael is not receiving more opportunities to flourish at your fine institution.
Please provide answers to clarify these questions and we will be happy to re-examine your eligibility for this award.

Sincerely,
The 2021 Grandfather of the Year Committee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT