ADVERTISEMENT

2 reviews

HeelFan58

Hall of Famer
Oct 3, 2011
GT had a fairly long run where it looked like the runner was possibly down and it was reviewed and the ruling on the field stood.

GT's last drive UNC recovered a fumble and it was reviewed and the play stood.

I could not tell either play from the big screen , so was the view better at home? Were the on field calls correct?

GT had a fairly long run where it looked like the runner was possibly down and it was reviewed and the ruling on the field stood.

GT's last drive UNC recovered a fumble and it was reviewed and the play stood.

I could not tell either play from the big screen , so was the view better at home? Were the on field calls correct?
They were correct.

I fault our defense for not finishing the tackle on the Tech RB on the reviewed long run. The play came to a virtual stop and they didn't swarm and bury him.

I fault our defense for not finishing the tackle on the Tech RB on the reviewed long run. The play came to a virtual stop and they didn't swarm and bury him.
Which is what I said in the game thread. It is the problem of lack of fundamentals.

Reactions: Archer2
Why did they review the fumble at the end? The fumble was not a question they mishandled the handoff I saw it from my seats. We're they reviewing the recovery??

Andre also knocked the GT backup QB on his azz late in the game when he challenged him instead of going OB.

GT's first score was perfect evidence of this... I Don't recall who our DB was but the dude went to swipe the ball away rather than attempt to make an actual tackle.
Exactly. If you're in a position where help is coming, you can take a chance at knocking the ball out. When you're the only man preventing a TD, you can't take that chance, you have to wrap up his legs and get him on terra firma. basic, fundamental football.

GT's first score was perfect evidence of this... I Don't recall who our DB was but the dude went to swipe the ball away rather than attempt to make an actual tackle.
M.J. Stewart.

Defense played quite well, folks. We're still a work in progress but we held GT to 20. We haven't done that since Butch's 2008 season. It's okay to enjoy wins. This ain't basketball where we need to find something wrong even though we just beat a conference rival.

M.J. Stewart.

Defense played quite well, folks. We're still a work in progress but we held GT to 20. We haven't done that since Butch's 2008 season. It's okay to enjoy wins. This ain't basketball where we need to find something wrong even though we just beat a conference rival.
Not complaining about our team; it was a blown play and a poor effort from a usually solid player. That's all.

I'm thrilled with the effort lately. We usually struggle with GT's high school offense but we pulled away convincingly and stopped them when it mattered.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Not complaining about our team; it was a blown play and a poor effort from a usually solid player. That's all.

I'm thrilled with the effort lately. We usually struggle with GT's high school offense but we pulled away convincingly and stopped them when it mattered.
I was making a general statement, not attacking you.

I just get a little fed up with this fanbase. It's the same on the premium board. Everyone is bummed that he defense isn't good. Uhmm hello??? We just thumped GT who we ALWAYS struggle with and we are 7-2 (5-1) for goodness sake. Our fanbase needs Prozac.

M.J. Stewart.

I need to practice up on my nit picking so I will be in game shape for basketball.

Why did they review the fumble at the end? The fumble was not a question they mishandled the handoff I saw it from my seats. We're they reviewing the recovery??
All turn overs are automatically reviewed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT