ADVERTISEMENT

20,000 posts

gunslingerdick

Hall of Famer
Feb 16, 2006
I'm proposing a little game. With this post, I am currently at 19,393. 20,000 is a big deal. It's either quite an accomplishment or evidence of a sad and pathetic existence (I'm looking at you Billy and RH).

I first thought to ask whoever wanted, to throw $5 in to put down a date when you think I'll hit 20,000 post. And the winner takes all. But that could lead to allegations of corruption. I would be accused of posting less or more to make sure a certain poster won. So I'm not asking anyone else to throw anything in.

Instead, I will award the prize and it costs you nothing to play. Pick a date of when you think I will hit 20,000 post and put it in this thread. If you get the date right, I will send you your prize. And there can be more than one winner. So if two of you pick the same date and that date turns out to be the right date, two posters can win. If no one picks the exact date, no one wins. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The prize won't be grand but it should be something more than a bar of soap or some used kitty litter. I'll try to make the prizes Tar Heel related.

We're pretty tight around here so most of you know I'm consistently inconsistent in my posting. Maybe not everyday, but I'm here a lot. There are times when I'm spotty though especially during the summer. When I'm out of town, I don't post all that much. During the week, I'm pretty reliable. Some days I might have 10 posts. Others, I won't post at all. But remember, I love threads where we post pics and other nonsensical sh*t so I'll usually be post-heavy in those. Take that into account during our game.

So there you go. I hope we'll have at least a handful of posters that will participate. All entries must be in by Monday, June 29.

Later today after all hell breaks loose in your stupid little workout thread.

LAL's will never be the same, now that we can't do side by side comparisons. Still waiting on @Raising Heel to figure out some space-age coding we can use to make this happen...
Shoot. Forgot about that.

We also need to finish the mission discussed via PM but I want to figure out why the tagging isn't working first.

Why do I have to do everything around here?!

Why do I have to do everything around here?!

You're the Mayor of Tar Heel Town. It was Billy, but he was asked to resign after all of his scandals were brought to light. His inability to answer questions on why he let 4 OOTB posters get killed on the duke board, his connection to the Crass and Curious scandal and his amnesty granted to UK lurkers all played a part in his downfall. Plus, he has a terrible drinking problem.

You're the Mayor of Tar Heel Town. It was Billy, but he was asked to resign after all of his scandals were brought to light. His inability to answer questions on why he let 4 OOTB posters get killed on the duke board, his connection to the Crass and Curious scandal and his amnesty granted to UK lurkers all played a part in his downfall. Plus, he has a terrible drinking problem.
Plus, I've got him on closed-circuit security video spending embezzled OOTB money on margaritas at an Alexandria Cheesecake Factory.

Reactions: Raising Heel
11/28/15.... just after we beat the wolpfack at cowpasture-finley
giphy.gif

This bump puts me 199 posts away from the goal. I've managed roughly 407 posts in 66 days for an average of just over 6 posts per day. At that same clip, I should reach 20,000 on October 4. While typing this post, I thought about how cool it would be if Rivals provided analytics for you so you could see stuff like that - average posts per month, what boards you post the most on, likes per board, etc. Get on that @Raising Heel.

But to recap the only predictions posted:
pryles - Dec 7
THN11 - Nov 11
Keyser - Jan 15, 2016
TarHeelMark - Nov 28
LTH - Sept 15

Doesn't look like we're going to see a winner.

I'll play. 9/19/15. I think we play Illinois that day and that's a good enough reason to pick it.:confused:

This bump puts me 199 posts away from the goal. I've managed roughly 407 posts in 66 days for an average of just over 6 posts per day. At that same clip, I should reach 20,000 on October 4. While typing this post, I thought about how cool it would be if Rivals provided analytics for you so you could see stuff like that - average posts per month, what boards you post the most on, likes per board, etc. Get on that @Raising Heel.

But to recap the only predictions posted:
pryles - Dec 7
THN11 - Nov 11
Keyser - Jan 15, 2016
TarHeelMark - Nov 28
LTH - Sept 15

Doesn't look like we're going to see a winner.

I made a prediction and it didn't come true. My new prediction is the week of the UVa-UNC football game, assuming that we can include posts you make on both the Carolina and Virginia boards.

I made a prediction and it didn't come true. My new prediction is the week of the UVa-UNC football game, assuming that we can include posts you make on both the Carolina and Virginia boards.

What?!! UVa has a Rivals board?! How do I get there? I mean,..it's cool here and all but I just want to check it out. You know?...keep your enemies close kind of thing. Yeah, that's it.

I'll play. 9/19/15. I think we play Illinois that day and that's a good enough reason to pick it.:confused:

It would be quite an advantage to allow you to make a guess at this point. You're lucky I don't care about this being fair. You're in.

Post counts and like counts are specific to each board, so there's that. Also, I didn't vote in your silly contest because you're obviously gaming it.

48724614.jpg

I just saw this thread for the first time today, so I guess I'm out of the official prediction group, but for fun I'll say October 10th. No real logic to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT