ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Schedule??

ohio tarheels

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2012
I keep reading about the 2 fcs schools on the schedule this year and have heard that was because couple schools cancelled series with us. I do believe one was Minnesota but can anyone confirm that or recall the 2nd school??
Thanks in advance and i do know that The Ohio State University canceeled in 2017 and 2018!!!!!

Actually...IIRC, no one pulled out on us this season. I grimace every time I see that excuse.
I hadn't bothered to check, but now that I have you're correct about that. I'll stop mentioning it for sure.

• Tennessee canceled the 2011 and 2012 home-and-home series before the start of the 2010 season (link).
  • Minnesota cancelled the 2013 and 2014 home-and-home series during the 2012 season (link).
  • Ohio State cancelled the 2017 and 2018 home-and-home series before the start of the 2014 season (link).

Of course we got the last laugh on Tennessee since we beat them in Nashville in that wild Music City Bowl finale. You know they would've loved a shot at revenge the following year. Their poor fans were in still in the "anger" phase of loss when my brother, nephew, and I bolted from the stadium for the getaway car.

By the way, there's an interview with Bubba on the ESPN ACC Football blog. He basically says those games were arranged back when we were just trying to get to a BCS bowl, which only involved winning your conference or division. There was no strength of schedule metric to worry about. He says we won't schedule two FCS teams after next season and is even looking for a possible replacement, although they're hard to find this late in the process.

Thanks guys for the clarification... I remember hearing Minnesota and assumed it was this year and next with the 2 fcs schools on schedule and listening to reports.... I am from Ohio and still love to give Buckeye fans grief after they cancelled and still play 2 or 3 games every year against MAC schools.

By the way, there's an interview with Bubba on the ESPN ACC Football blog. He basically says those games were arranged back when we were just trying to get to a BCS bowl, which only involved winning your conference or division. There was no strength of schedule metric to worry about. He says we won't schedule two FCS teams after next season and is even looking for a possible replacement, although they're hard to find this late in the process.
I prefer no FCS teams.

Even if we have to act like women (be unreasonable) get that 2nd FCS program off next year's schedule.

Originally Ohio State was suppose to play UNC in 2015 then they changed it, then cancelled. That is what people may be talking about.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2011/11/22/ohio-state-tennessee-series-canceled.html
I stand corrected. Saw somebody else post a similar article today, both from 2011. So sometime between 2011 and 2014, the 2015 game was moved to 2018. Seems weird that wasn't enough time to find a Group of 5 team who wanted to play us this season.

Got to find a team with an opening on the schedule that will agree to play us in Chapel Hill.

Well, although I wouldn't recommend it, we could probably get East Carolina. I just don't like playing them. For them, it's always a big win and does little for us.

I'd look out of conference. But maybe too late for next year. Maybe you could get a Penn State, Northwestern or Navy some years. Thing is we are already trying. We have GA scheduled next year but they may have a down year due to a coaching change. We have Illinois on the schedule and they've gotten better as a program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT