ADVERTISEMENT

2016 ACC Championship Game Family 4-Pack for $100

I’m probably going to do this. If the heels don’t make it, I’m sure I will be able to get my money back and then some on the resale market. Unless I missed something I didn’t see where the seats were. Does anyone know?

I’m probably going to do this. If the heels don’t make it, I’m sure I will be able to get my money back and then some on the resale market. Unless I missed something I didn’t see where the seats were. Does anyone know?
Probably high enough to wave at people going by in planes.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Probably high enough to wave at people going by in planes.
Bank of America Stadium is a lot like Kenan in terms of capacity and sight lines. Sure, some seats are better than others, but there's really not a bad seat in the house, especially at that price. You can also sit on the first row and still see the game instead of watching the back of the players' heads.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Yeah the NCAA scrapped any proposed change that would've eliminated divisions and not replaced it with true round-robin play.
The ACC was never going to do a round robin set up. There are 13 other teams in the conference and only 8 conf games. Perhaps you mean a 3-rivals + 5 other ACC

Anyway, The ACCCG has done well the last few years. Keep up the good work in NC. We need locals to show up and fill the stadium.

The ACC was never going to do a round robin set up. There are 13 other teams in the conference and only 8 conf games.
I know, that was my point. "...and not replaced it with true round-robin play." The ACC would have replaced it with 3+5 which isn't round-robin.

Anyway, The ACCCG has done well the last few years. Keep up the good work in NC. We need locals to show up and fill the stadium.
The problem for the ACC is the ACCCG's attendance will always hinge on who qualifies for the game, especially in the Coastal. Really the only Coastal teams that can bring 25K or more fans to the ACCCG is VT and UNC* and maybe Miami (but probably not on the last one). If GT or Duke or Pitt makes the ACCCG, forget about the game being even close to sold out. In the Atlantic, there's a bit more flexibility. FSU, Clemson, NC State, and Louisville would all assuredly bring 30K. Hell, if Syracuse somehow made it, they'd even bring a decent number of fans. So that's 5 of 7 in that division.

The ACC doesn't have, and will never have, the built-in advantage that the Big 10 and SEC has that regardless of who is in those leagues' championship game, the two involved schools will sell as many tickets as they are granted (with only maybe Vandy, NW, Purdue, and Illinois excluded).

I know, that was my point. "...and not replaced it with true round-robin play." The ACC would have replaced it with 3+5 which isn't round-robin.

The problem for the ACC is the ACCCG's attendance will always hinge on who qualifies for the game, especially in the Coastal. Really the only Coastal teams that can bring 25K or more fans to the ACCCG is VT and UNC* and maybe Miami (but probably not on the last one). If GT or Duke or Pitt makes the ACCCG, forget about the game being even close to sold out. In the Atlantic, there's a bit more flexibility. FSU, Clemson, NC State, and Louisville would all assuredly bring 30K. Hell, if Syracuse somehow made it, they'd even bring a decent number of fans. So that's 5 of 7 in that division.

The ACC doesn't have, and will never have, the built-in advantage that the Big 10 and SEC has that regardless of who is in those leagues' championship game, the two involved schools will sell as many tickets as they are granted (with only maybe Vandy, NW, Purdue, and Illinois excluded).

ACCCG did pretty well with Duke a couple years back. The GT game was not great but I think they were like 6-6 and got in because UNC and Miami were not illegible.

12k is not terrible.

Anyway Im a prponant of the game where it is. On the Nole boards there is a new thread every month about moving the game to Jaz or Tampa (where it failed hard)

My belief is that with Thanksgiving before, Christmass later in the month and bowl games around then people are not going to fly the family to an ACCCG. To me a CG is a large group of friends piling in a car and driving in for a night. Charlotte fits the bill being close to 8 ACC schools.

12k is not terrible.

Anyway Im a prponant of the game where it is. On the Nole boards there is a new thread every month about moving the game to Jaz or Tampa (where it failed hard)

My belief is that with Thanksgiving before, Christmass later in the month and bowl games around then people are not going to fly the family to an ACCCG. To me a CG is a large group of friends piling in a car and driving in for a night. Charlotte fits the bill being close to 8 ACC schools.
I didn't say I was a proponent of moving it. It needs to stay where it is (especially since there's no domed stadium in the middle of ACC country, only on the periphery). My point is merely that the ACC needs certain schools to make it to the ACCCG to ensure a sell out. Those threads about moving it to different locations are because FSU fans are right up there with UNC fans about being the whiniest bunch in the whole conference. FSU fans and Carolina fans will always find something to whine about. Always.

And honestly, I bet there was less than 12,000 Duke fans now that I think about it. Probably more like half that many. It was very, very few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT