ADVERTISEMENT

2016 ACC Rivals Recruiting Team Rabkings

Nov 11, 2002
2016 ACC Conference Rivals Team Ranking: (as of now)

Florida State #2
Clemson #4
UNC #22
Miami #25
Pitt #27
Duke #30
Louisville #38
NC State #43
VT #47
Syracuse #53
Wake Forest #57
Virginia #59
GT #69
BC #88

Notre Dame #9

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

2016 ACC Conference Rivals Team Ranking: (as of now)

Florida State #2 #3
Clemson #4 #8
UNC #22 #34
Miami #25 #22
Pitt #27 #30
Duke #30 #32
Louisville #38 #40
NC State #43 #47
VT #47 #41
Syracuse #53 #62
Wake Forest #57 #56
Virginia #59 #59
GT #69 #54
BC #88 #76

Notre Dame #9 #12

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

247's ratings to the right. Pitt has made a nice run in last 2 weeks.

Why the big difference from one service to the other for UNC? Which service is the best?

Rivals is considered the premier football scouting service, Scout next, and ESPN third. ESPN has the most national exposure because of their network, but Rivals does a better job evaluating kids on whole.
This. Rivals is the best, overall, IMO.

247's ratings to the right. Pitt has made a nice run in last 2 weeks.
Yeah Pitt finished really, really strongly.

Not much of a recruiting buff. But how did we drop six spots? Not getting any 4 or 5 stars in the remaining last second 3 stars kill your ranking by 6 spots. Or is it who other schools got. I can see dropping 2 or 3 spots but 6

The Rivals ranking that I was just looking at had us at #20 without Sails. I'd expect a little movement here and there in the rankings until all the dust settles. It's a solid class overall regardless of where we finish up.

Last edited:
The Rivals ranking that I was just looking at had us at #20 without Sails. I'd expect a little movement here and there in the rankings until all the dust settles. It's a solid class overall regardless of where we finish up.
Yes. It is a solid if unspectacular class. Just couldn't pull that one big guy i.e. Lawrence , Craig-Myers , or an in-state player higher than 14th.

Not much of a recruiting buff. But how did we drop six spots? Not getting any 4 or 5 stars in the remaining last second 3 stars kill your ranking by 6 spots. Or is it who other schools got. I can see dropping 2 or 3 spots but 6
Just lots of fluctuation on NSD. We kept everyone we had on board already and picked up two nice pieces in Sails and Cater.

Keep building the Monster...Already have 4 guys that are 4 stars in all the rankings for 2017...We are coming folks make no mistake...

Reactions: Realfreedom
Just lots of fluctuation on NSD. We kept everyone we had on board already and picked up two nice pieces in Sails and Cater.

We lost Banks to Scar, so we did lose one. Sails and Carter were nice additions, but 3*s. I agree with the other posters. All things considered, this is a very solid class, but far from the elite program's classes or where we need to be to seriously compete with CU and the other CFP elites. 2015 was a major step and the rewards will come. 2017's class seems to be impacted already by our 11 win season. JUST KEEP WINNING!!

We lost Banks to Scar, so we did lose one. Sails and Carter were nice additions, but 3*s. I agree with the other posters. All things considered, this is a very solid class, but far from the elite program's classes or where we need to be to seriously compete with CU and the other CFP elites. 2015 was a major step and the rewards will come. 2017's class seems to be impacted already by our 11 win season. JUST KEEP WINNING!!
Clem and FSU had great classes. Clem got the consensus 5* from North Carolina and FSU got the borderline 5* very high 4*. Clem 3 of top 12 and FSU 3 of top 10 in the state. Imagine our class with those 5. The thing that really bothers me is that Landon Dickerson (FSU) never even gave us a look to my knowledge..

Who knows...But Ross Martin on 24/7 is just bad IMO...Dude goes out on the limb a bit to much for me...
I like Ross Martin. You have to go out on a limb sometimes so you won't just be one of the sheep. He pick for Craig-Myers was Auburn yesterday then about 10 or so this a.m. he tweeted he was hearing good things about Craig-Myers and UNC but nothing definite and changed his pick at that time to UNC. THINGS obviously transpired from that point in Auburn's favor. I admire him for taking a chance as a homer like we are.

It's not that UNC fell as much as other programs rose...and that pushes back programs....Texas closed really well and moved up from #33 to $13 this week, as an example.

I for one am glad that Landon Dickerson never considered UNC... Just my opinion
What's the issue with him? I know absolutely nothing about him and saw nothing really written about him. I wondered if he was a real recruit or somebody was punking.

He played against my daughters high school... Took a lot of plays off and seemed like he had attitude towards teammates... Big kid who seems to have physical abilities but not sure about mental... Also transferred to a different high school his senior year( mainly from what I heard because his team wasn't going to be good). Heard from people he could dominate game when he wanted to as he did during a playoff game according to reports but just didn't see it personally... Pushed the envelope quite often with referees too.

He played against my daughters high school... Took a lot of plays off and seemed like he had attitude towards teammates... Big kid who seems to have physical abilities but not sure about mental... Also transferred to a different high school his senior year( mainly from what I heard because his team wasn't going to be good). Heard from people he could dominate game when he wanted to as he did during a playoff game according to reports but just didn't see it personally... Pushed the envelope quite often with referees too.
Interesting. Thanks for the reports! You must live in the Hickory area?]

You're right though HeelFan58, he didn't even give us a sniff.

Yes TarheelNation, live in Lenoir...Also watched Emmons who is going to Bama(maybe) as well as couple good juniors who might get looks from Carolina

I think we can compete quite well barring injuries. We don't have the same depth across the board and so when some D-linemen went down, we got exposed there some. But let's also recall we've been in a rebuilding phase.

This class looks to me to have a lot of players that are perhaps substantially underrated, imho, and just need more development. Take a relatively unheralded recruit like DE Nolan DeFranco. He's 6'6" and runs a 4.89 40. That's pretty fast. He weighs 220 or so. Now, I could easily see the kid adding a lot of strength and muscle and becoming a beast.

But he's not fully developed. So Clemson or Alabama didn't offer.

Or take a highly sought after recruit, offers from Ohio State, Kyree Campbell. He's just 3 stars but based on his comments we recruited him with the idea we can build the D-line around the guy. Obviously the staff thinks he has huge potential and supposedly he could be a freshman impact player.

Or our other DT, Marlon Dunlap. He looks like a guy that flew under the radar. Might not be ready as a freshman but you generally want to redshirt your linemen anyway. The film on RB Jordon Brown looks a lot better than you'd expect on his rankings.

I could on with other players. Just saying a lot of these guys may turn out to be MUCH better than even their recruiting rankings suggest.

The 2017 class looks like a great start ...five commits, three of them 4 stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT