ADVERTISEMENT

2018-2019 UNC Other Sports Thread

tarheel0910

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2011
Earth
It's already that time of year! UNC sports has started. As always, this will be the thread to talk about every UNC sport except for football and men's basketball. It will also allow us to celebrate having a winning team before basketball starts (*hides from UNC football fans*)

The women's soccer team is off to a good start. They are currently 2-0-1 and ranked #4. Dorrance picked up his 1,000th career win (172 with men, 828 with women).

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Women's soccer beat #23 UCF 1-0 today to go to 3-0-1 on the season.

Field hockey was trailing Iowa 1-0 with a little over 10 minutes left and decided to pull the goalie. It paid off as they tied the game at the 7:45 mark. They ended up winning 2-1 on a penalty stroke in overtime. They're now 2-0 after beating Michigan 5-1 yesterday.

#3 men's soccer plays #2 Indiana tonight at 7:30 in Cary. I don't think it's televised.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Women's soccer picked up another 1-0 win. This time against Providence. Men's soccer lost the game against Indiana 1-0. Field Hockey, Volleyball and Men's soccer all have games today.

Women’s soccer just erased a two goal deficit in the second half. 18 minutes left to play...

Reactions: BillyL
Dammit. 3-2 FSU was the final. Great comeback though.... should have them ready to go for the NCAA tourney

UNC Field Hockey just defeated Wake Forest 4-1 to advance to the national championship game. They'll play the winner of Maryland/Princeton at 1:00 pm ET on Sunday.
University of
National
Champions

Field Hockey shuts out Maryland 2-0 to finish their season with a perfect 23-0 record. Congratulations, ladies.

There are 64 teams in the women's soccer bracket but the NCAA only seeds the top 4 seeds in each of the four regions. This year all four 1 seeds made the College Cup.

UNC faces Georgetown tonight at 5 pm ET on ESPNU. The game is at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary for anyone who wants to attend in person. Forecast looks good, upper 50s.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Trailing FSU 1-0 allowed a goal with terrible defense...nobody stopped the ball. Kinda like bb at times.

Not sure why they aren’t wearing Carolina Blue jerseys

UNC Women’s Basketball just knocked off NC State, 64-51, in West Rawlee. Wolpfack was previously undefeated 21-0 (8-0).

This on the heels of their win over #1 Notre Dame and a 1-point nail biter win against GT. I’ve watched the entire second half of the game but didn’t want to jinx it by posting something sooner.

UNC Women’s Basketball just knocked off NC State, 64-51, in West Rawlee. Wolpfack was previously undefeated 21-0 (8-0).

This on the heels of their win over #1 Notre Dame and a 1-point nail biter win against GT. I’ve watched the entire second half of the game but didn’t want to jinx it by posting something sooner.
I really hope they can get back to where they were before the afam stuff. They probably suffered more than any program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT