ADVERTISEMENT

2018 recruiting thread

23rd best class in the nation! Of course it is mostly on the O side. Not bad considering the 3-9 yr.

Reactions: uncboy10
YES, we missed on several key in state defensive players but I have to say that I really like this class!
Hopefully Thig can help us right the ship with local recruiting on the defensive side.

We have got to start landing more of the top end d line recruits in our state sigh gonna be like UCLA score 60 but give up 80....

I'm not sure about this class yet. We signed some high star players but mainly on the offensive side of the ball. We must land some of the top talent on the defensive side as well. Hopefully the guys we landed will coached up to their max potential and surpass their stars.

Nice class at the end of the day...I would still let Avery Jones try the DLine...Kid had some nice stats their this year...

Reactions: skubby12002
23rd best class in the nation! Of course it is mostly on the O side. Not bad considering the 3-9 yr.

That's the big point. Its tough to convince top level talent to come play for you when you go 3-9. Most of those kids didn't watch all of UNC's games, and frankly, they probably don't care how many injuries we had. They just want to play for a winner.

This class is solid enough for us to build off of. A turnaround in the W column + Thig could have us between 15-20 in the rankings next year IMO.

We have got to start landing more of the top end d line recruits in our state sigh gonna be like UCLA score 60 but give up 80....
Over the past 6 years or so, NC has produced a boatload of DL talent. How many have signed with UNC?

NC also has produced a nice number of very good LBs. How many of them have signed with UNC?

Games are won in the trenches, and defense wins championships.

Over the past 6 years or so, NC has produced a boatload of DL talent. How many have signed with UNC?

NC also has produced a nice number of very good LBs. How many of them have signed with UNC?

Games are won in the trenches, and defense wins championships.

The problem for us it there’s a team already winning championships in front of huge sell out crowds just a few hours down 85 in upstate SC

Nice class at the end of the day...I would still let Avery Jones try the DLine...Kid had some nice stats their this year...
I've said that about a few guys we signed for OL over the past few classes, because we keep having more OL talent and potential than DL talent and potential.

Of course, we also have seen a rise in questions about OL player development.

The problem for us it there’s a team already winning championships in front of huge sell out crowds just a few hours down 85 in upstate SC
That does not change the need.

Clemson under Dabo always had offense in a big way. The key to Clemson's rise was the hiring of Venables and turning the D over to him 100%.

We do not require 8 top DL players from NC in order to be a true power. But we must have the 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT