ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Scholarship picture

One more thing, steat... re-watching that vid makes me smile and at the same time reinforces how much we miss a true PG1, and that's what Jeremiah is.

I still smh and chuckle how so many folks here got a mistaken impression about him from an off-hand remark Roy made about his ability to push the ball, and people assuming he was a speed-demon --- he's not. Jeremiah is a big-framed, strong PG more in the physical mold of Jeff McInnis. He ain't slow, but his game is more about strength, savvy and being a floor-general... and he has excellent instincts on when to push and when to get things under control.

G-7,

Give me a OAD Cole Anthony for one year and turn over the reins to Jeremiah after 1 year. If Frances can reach his prior level from a health standpoint, he may lead the Heels to a title. Love those "jump stops''. The last UNC point guard with jump stops like this was Phil Ford. Okay, before the natives pounce on me, I didn't say he was as good as Phil Ford...just those jump stops.

G-7,

Give me a OAD Cole Anthony for one year and turn over the reins to Jeremiah after 1 year. If Frances can reach his prior level from a health standpoint, he may lead the Heels to a title. Love those "jump stops''. The last UNC point guard with jump stops like this was Phil Ford.
^what he said

One thing I have always liked about Jeremiah from watching him the first few times with Manley was his toughness on the floor, he has a presence and way about him that I think will make him a very good leader. I really like the McInnis comparison from @gary-7.

I really like how Jeremiah is able to get to the rim and finish with well with either hand (he finishes very well with his left) while absorbing and playing through contact, using his strength to his advantage. I can see him making a real living at the free throw line. He also can really push the tempo and find his teammates in transition, however like Gary said it is impressive to see that he knows when to do so. He has a good feel for the game and plays very under control while not getting rattled easily with the ball in his hands.

One thing that worried me a little about him was his outside shooting, as it seemed that his mechanics were a little inconsitent at times as he extended out to long range, however I am hoping that by working with John Lucas this summer and having more and more reps he will be able to improve this part of his game. He already has a good mid-range game which I see as something that he will continue to be a part of his offensive arsenal. Also, he is a good perimeter defender that gives a lot of effort. I felt like last summer when I watched him he would get multiple steals a game by doing a nice job of getting into passing lanes and applying good on ball pressure.

That last description of Francis from G-7 should clear up any lingering questions about why he is so high on him! If that description doesn't sound like another PG we might know....you need to increase your memory supplements!

Huh? I like Gary but it's not like he's Francis PT or is in Ohio right now.

We have questions on Francis because the developmental period between your Junior and Senior years is MASSIVE. Francis has missed that entire time.

That isn't going away because someone on a message board described him favorably.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Huh? I like Gary but it's not like he's Francis PT or is in Ohio right now.

We have questions on Francis because the developmental period between your Junior and Senior years is MASSIVE. Francis has missed that entire time.

That isn't going away because someone on a message board described him favorably.
He's been working with John Lucas in Texas all summer so I wouldn't exactly say he's missing all that time. Injury questions are always cogent for sure, but Francis can play and, unlike what we're working with this season, he's a legit PG1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT