ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SF Jalen Wilson

CarolinaMagic

Senior
Feb 22, 2007
from Texas is starting to get the attention of North Carolina. Wendell Moore has just been put on notice that the ship is moving and he may be left on the dock.

.....or the rest of might have just been notified that Wendell Moore has moved on from us. It’s all about perspective.

Doubt he would take Moore and Wilson. They fill a similar role.

I like how Wilson looks. He broke his foot this spring so he missed a lot of the evaluation period. Looks like a very good scorer and willing passer.

Right off the bat, the first thing I notice about him is his unselfishness. How many times do you see highlights only of the kid scoring, but here he is exhibiting his ability to get everyone else involved too, he would fit in perfectly with our guys this year. He runs the floor very well, moves well without the ball in his hands and has good handles, I was impressed with his ability to handle the ball with his left and finish with it. I think we are seeing it a lot this year that having a wing who is a willing passer certainly opens up a lot more for our offense and being that he can score it too, will only make him a really good player. Just looking at him, he doesn't even look like he has reached his potential yet and he is already 6'8, that's definitely something to pay attention to. I would also like to know how good of a defender he is and if he has the ability to defend opposing fours with his size and length.

Also, there's a UNC connection here his dad apparently is friends with Ray Ray. Just thinking ahead, if we want 4 for 2019, can we get two Texas boys in Baker and Wilson and two Ohio boys in Francis and Gaffney in 19? I would take it!

Here are some videos of him:

Great looking kid! No posing just making smart plays and keeping his teammates involved. He looks like a Tar Heel!

Care to elaborate?

As in, we can stop holding up our show for one performer, regardless of who moved on from who. Moore has had all the time in the world. Dook's ship has likely sailed for him and hopefully ours will too.

As in, we can stop holding up our show for one performer, regardless of who moved on from who. Moore has had all the time in the world. Dook's ship has likely sailed for him and hopefully ours will too.
I tend to agree with this. Moore has had more than enough time and with one verbal offer from Dook he basically put UNC and two years of recruiting relationships on the back burner. I'd prefer not to be sloppy seconds to Dook with this kid.

That kind of "pride" is pretty stupid imo. Anything that increases our chances of landing Moore is a good thing. Obviously you continue to recruit him. He's a perfect fit.

That kind of "pride" is pretty stupid imo. Anything that increases our chances of landing Moore is a good thing. Obviously you continue to recruit him. He's a perfect fit.
You keep saying this. Bottom line is Roy has prioritized Moore for over a year now. Just when it seemed Moore would sign, the LOM offered him. Shit or get off the pot. Roy has given him much more leeway than I would have. If d00k is your dream school, fine. Accept their freakin’ offer and sit on their freakin’ bench.

Yeah, you continue to recruit him while making it known that we aren't waiting around for him while he plays the part of the indecisive teenager. If he wants to commit, then we take him. If he wants to drag his feet, keep his offer out there and go after other guys. He's already gotten all the primary attention his ranking deserves. Plenty of other good fish in the sea.

Internet recruiting tough guys taking the hard line. So funny.

Yet another one of your "insightful" snide remarks.

Look, we know you love Moore. But Roy prioritized this kid for over a year, to the exclusion of kids like Baker who very well may have jumped at an offer. Then, when the LOM offers at the eleventh hour, Moore decides to reconsider his options. Fine, I’ve no problem with that. But don’t expect us to wait indefinitely.

If d00k is his dream school, go there by all means. I certainly don’t want him at UNC if he’d rather be at d00k. As Dean said, we’ll win with him or without him.

FWIW I never really saw what everybody seems to see in Baker. I would love to see Moore in Tar Heel blue, but I agree that we change his offer to first come, first served. We no longer need to cater to the whims of teens; we are UNC and it's good to be the king.....again!

Mr. Wilson, the opportunity is there; jump on it and we'll make you famous!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT