ADVERTISEMENT

2019 SF Justin McKoy

CarolinaMagic

Senior
Feb 22, 2007
Coach Williams has reached out to this young man after he got his release from Penn St. Anyone know anything?

This, to me, does not seem like good news. A 3 star recruit who was committed to penn state. And don’t give me that diamond in the rough and stars don’t matter nonsense. They matter. Luke Maye was a 4 star top 100 recruit, same with Brooks, K Will, Brandon Robinson, Seventh Woods, etc. We have got to get recruiting back on track. Next season we are going to start feeling the effect of all these recruiting misses.

He’s a 3 star local kid who chose Penn State over Campbell and App State. Unless he’s blown up a lot in the recent months, it’s not a huge get.

...don’t give me that diamond in the rough and stars don’t matter nonsense. They matter. Luke Maye was a 4 star top 100 recruit....
on rivals luke was a 3-star, not ranked in the top 150. the only major schools (besides us) to offer him were n.dame and clemson, not exactly basketball powerhouses.

Agreed i dont think he gets an offer though. Think he gets a chance to walk on though

UNC already has several walk-ons. They don't need any more. Why would the kid come as a walk-on when he could go to a lower ranked school and get a starting position? Hope Roy moves on from this kid. More of a Wake Forest or Clemson-type recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT