ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Basketball Hall of Fame Class

I'm to lazy to look it up, but did Duncan have more years of college than the other three combined?

Felt like 10 years.
Didn't it?

Lol, yeah. He was one of the few opposing players I liked though. He played the game the right way even in college.
Absolutely. It didn't hurt as badly to lose to a guy like that. What a talent.

Without looking, Kobe and KG never went to college so that means Bosh did one year at GT. Incredible headliners for this year.

And the Spurs just happen to miss the playoffs during his senior year, get the top pick and win 5 titles.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Kobe was the guy I turned to when MJ retired, love that guy. He's the closest we'll ever get to MJ in terms of competitiveness, drive, and just being a maniac about winning.

Kobe was the guy I turned to when MJ retired, love that guy. He's the closest we'll ever get to MJ in terms of competitiveness, drive, and just being a maniac about winning.

True. He was all the things you say. But for some reason, he didn't have the likability that MJ had. I'm not sure why because as you recognized, they were essentially the same player. But Kobe just never could approach Mike's level of respect and admiration from other players or fans.

I liked Kobe for the same reasons. Lebron has it now but he didn't get it until he got to Miami with Wade.

True. He was all the things you say. But for some reason, he didn't have the likability that MJ had. I'm not sure why because as you recognized, they were essentially the same player. But Kobe just never could approach Mike's level of respect and admiration from other players or fans.

Agreed. I think it had a few things...feud with a very likable personality in Shaq, the rape allegations, and just social media in general casting a light on the inner workings of him being a dick.

No one knew about MJ punching Steve Kerr until Kerr said something like 5 years after the fact when MJ was retired. No one knew MJ would go to Atlantic City til 5am on nights before a playoff game in NYC. MJ also had so many other women that just never got reported.

Different times, even though they overlapped for the end of MJs career.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT