ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Intro: Coleman Jeffcoat

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Spoke with Coleman Jeffcoat from Mallard Creek tonight. The expectations are that he will take off this season and he will pick up quite a few offers. He's a 2021 kid and from a program where it sometimes takes time for legitimate P5 prospects to take ownership of a position. He's one to keep an eye on over the next couple of years.

Here's a quick piece I put together on him:

Coleman Jeffcoat was one of the prospects who attended North Carolina’s summer cookout this past Saturday along with several other teammates from Mallard Creek High School in Charlotte.

A sophomore athlete, Jeffcoat’s opportunities to garner more attention from college coaches is just a few weeks away when the season kicks off. UNC, however, is already well aware of the 6-3, 205-pound lean, fast ball player.

Jeffcoat has no offers yet, but he’s increasingly hearing from more schools, such as Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, N.C. State, East Carolina, Appalachian State, Vanderbilt and Kentucky, as it appears some offers will start coming in before long.

Here are some of his thoughts about the cookout and visiting UNC:

“The cookout was good I liked the energy they gave off. The food was good, they had games for us to play, and it was good taking pictures in some gear.”

One the games the players played and also taking photos in the uniform…

“They had Madden and Fortnite for us to play and it was fun putting on the gear. Everybody finding the number they want to wear or most likely will be wearing this year (was fun) and to be able to get great pictures to post and keep for memory.”

The coaches he spoke with…

“I talked to Coach (Tommy) Thigpen and Coach (Luke) Paschall the most. They like that I’m young and just told me to keep playing how I play physical and strong.”

On the facilities…

“It was very nice one of the best I’ve seen so far.”

On where he’s visited this summer…

“I’ve been to Wake Forest and Virginia Tech.”

On not having any offers, but things picking up and offers possibly coming soon…

“Yes, I feel as I get (more) film for coaches to start seeing offers will start coming in. And an offer from the Tar Heels would be great because it’s an in state school and it would be very easy for family and friends to see me.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News