ADVERTISEMENT

2021 recruiting and commitments

Hmmmm.....IF Pryor were to flip and Wilson jumped on board that would be a big WOW!! Not sure how we could or if we could even add them.

What a monster class UNC reeled in for 2021. This class will be the one that takes the Heels to the next level. Hats off to Mack, Dre', Longo, Bateman, Thig and the guys for dominating the state of NC this cycle.

Defense loses Fox, Chazz, Rene and brings in 7 guys in the top 300 on D.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a fun ride.

How many spots are remaining for regular signing day signees? Seems confusing given the ability for seniors to return due to covid.

How many spots are remaining for regular signing day signees? Seems confusing given the ability for seniors to return due to covid.

18 commits + Hopper, Atkins, Beau are the SR's coming back.

Transfers- Watts, Shaw, Richardson, Ford, Ross, Flint, Ruder

Graduating- Chazz, Dazz, Rene, Carter, Fox, Walston

I'm pretty sure the returning seniors don't count against the 85 scholarship limit.
The players returning as seniors don't count towards the 85 limit.
The players under that could possibly get another year also, affecting 2022 class.
Will be interesting to see how all that works out

Reactions: uncboy10
15 of 18 signees from the state of NC. That's how you lock down the state.

A couple of these guys could be playmakers on the defensive side of the ball early next year as true freshman.

Triston Miller is in the transfer portal. That is 3 transfers of OL guys - each of them highly recruited - after the time when the staff decided to sign no more than 2 OL players in the 2021 class.

Unless all 4 of the OL guys in the 2020 class and both those in the 2021 class develop to be at least sound 2nd team players, we could have an OL depth/experience problem before too long.

Triston Miller is in the transfer portal. That is 3 transfers of OL guys - each of them highly recruited - after the time when the staff decided to sign no more than 2 OL players in the 2021 class.

Unless all 4 of the OL guys in the 2020 class and both those in the 2021 class develop to be at least sound 2nd team players, we could have an OL depth/experience problem before too long.

2 of the starting linemen have 3 years of eligibility left and the other 3 have 2 years of eligibility left. Also have Pounds and Sutton coming in next year in addition to Tunall, Montilus, Johnson, Adorno, Zimmerman and Baker developing. They’re fine.

Reactions: heelfan1961
Might be a long shot but who cares. Zamir White isn't being utilized properly at UGA. He was the #1 RB out of Scotland County High in NC a few years back and it was between the Dawgs and UNC. UNC is about to put 2 backs in the NFL which opens up a ton of playing time -- plus he can take advantage of the transfer rule and be immediately eligible. He's got a ton of family/friends/former coaches in the area that would love for him to come home to UNC and watch him play in Kenan. He would thrive in this system with Sam and I know Robert Gillespie would love to have him. Keep an eye out.

Jevonte has looked a lot better than Zamir. I think knee injuries have understandably slowed Zeus. With that said, I'd welcome him at Carolina, though I don't really see it happening.

Jevonte has looked a lot better than Zamir. I think knee injuries have understandably slowed Zeus. With that said, I'd welcome him at Carolina, though I don't really see it happening.

Well Williams is in a much better scheme than what UGA runs. All these toss sweeps right into the opposing teams defense isn't ideal. They also don't throw the ball to him and get him in space like what UNC did with Carter/Williams. Zamir still has the firepower but needs to be used properly. UGA also has a deep backfield where UNC has zero proven guys going into 2021. I can tell you that Zamir has tons and I mean tons of former coaches/friends/family that will be in his ear for UNC after this game.

Reactions: matt 1976
I would take him in a heartbeat.... I know Georgia was loaded at RB but I never seen so many games where he got 3-5 carries in the first drive(some where he scored a TD) and then barely touch the ball or even be on the field until maybe the 3rd or 4th Qtr... And we know that the freshman coming in would still get a chance next year after seeing the Williams/Carter combo the last 2 years

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
In fits and starts, his recruiting on offense was very good. But he ended up screwing up QB recruiting, and he never managed to get RB recruiting up to snuff.
Mitch and TJ Logan were Fed's first full recruiting class. Can't complain about that.

Then Elijah Hood, Carter, Javonte, Antonio Williams were all really productive college backs.

I guess the Ty'son Williams yr was a dud, and Jordan Brown was outplayed by Carter, but I'd call this RB group really good overall.

Qb was a bit of a struggle due to Mitch unexpectedly leaving early the shoegate + injuries. But apparently Sam was coming to unc even if Fed was still here.

Qb is a fair gripe, but rb?

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Mitch and TJ Logan were Fed's first full recruiting class. Can't complain about that.

Then Elijah Hood, Carter, Javonte, Antonio Williams were all really productive college backs.

I guess the Ty'son Williams yr was a dud, and Jordan Brown was outplayed by Carter, but I'd call this RB group really good overall.

Qb was a bit of a struggle due to Mitch unexpectedly leaving early the shoegate + injuries. But apparently Sam was coming to unc even if Fed was still here.

Not sure sam would’ve come if fed had stayed

You think Howell was going to flip from FSU to UNC if Fedora had been retained?

If so, then why commit to FSU at all?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT