ADVERTISEMENT

2022 ACC Tournament

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
It just seems to me that there should be a thread on the tournament. I meant to start one yesterday, but I got busy elsewhere.

Round 1

BC handled Pitt easily. Capel is hopeless. This was Earl Grant's first season at BC. At Charleston, he had 3 consecutive teams with at least 24 Ws, but his final two Charleston teams were 17-14 and 9-10. The last might be all about Covid disruptions.

Against GT, Louisville looked very good much of the game. A big part of that surely is that Devoe and Usher both were disciplined for something and did not start. Devoe seemed to pout the entire first half. Pastner had similar problems at Memphis with players violating rules and then disrupting the team during and after their punishment.

The Fighting Wufs lost to Clemson, which certainly was the most fun game to watch in Round 1.

The opening game of Round 2 is #8 FSU vs. #9 Syracuse. Each team has had a disappointing season. FSU started well and then has not fully recovered from the injury bug. The Noles enter the game with 3 consecutive wins and may need a W to secure an NIT slot.

Syracuse enters the game 15-16 and has not been impressive in back to back games since against Indiana and healthy FSU on Nov 30 and Dec 4.

I am really shocked at this FSU game. They are being completely destroyed
They seemed to have gotten back on track. I expected to see FSU play a couple of good games. Instead, we saw a team that looked like it had quit before tip off.

Next up, Wake vs. BC. Wake needs this W to be off the bubble for certain. BC has nothing to lose.

I saw that live. The FSU guy gave him a good bump, and he decided to strike back.

I'm just glad it ended there.

When Coach Boeheim sees it on film, he needs to tear into his son.
Should line him up for potential suspension vs Duke, which makes the game a bye for them

Anyone see Buddy Boeheim's sucker punch? Looked intentional. Refs missed it.

Daddy Boeheim basically said his son did nothing wrong.

As an aside editorial: I have interacted with a lot of basketball fans across the country, and I have never met a more classless group than Syracuse fans. Truly the bottom of the barrel. Does that have any relevance to the action you posted? Nope, other than this action, and Jim's dismissal of it is on bar.

At first, ESPN was saying Boeheim "appeared" to have hit the guy. They're friggin' PC to hell and back, aren't they? I guess somebody got to them and now they're saying that Boeheim "struck" him.

Daddy Boeheim basically said his son did nothing wrong.

As an aside editorial: I have interacted with a lot of basketball fans across the country, and I have never met a more classless group than Syracuse fans. Truly the bottom of the barrel. Does that have any relevance to the action you posted? Nope, other than this action, and Jim's dismissal of it is on bar.

Yep, dad say it was inadvertent...lol

Think Wake is gonna be out. That loss is horrendous for their profile.
Gonna be close, I think they may sneak in the play-in games. Sheesh, that Duke win was HUGE in that area as well, eliminated that exact type scenario being in play.

WoW, I just realized something, I thought we finished 3rd in the ACC, we actually didn't, we finished tied for 2nd, we are the 3 seed in the ACCT tourney only because the team we tied for second beat us but officially we finished the regular season tied for second in the league!

Reactions: rritch2
WoW, I just realized something, I thought we finished 3rd in the ACC, we actually didn't, we finished tied for 2nd, we are the 3 seed in the ACCT tourney only because the team we tied for second beat us but officially we finished the regular season tied for second in the league!
we could've tied dook for 1st if we hadn't crapped ourselves vs pitt

Reactions: DSouthr
The team I actually feared more than any other ACC team outside of duke was Wake. So I am glad to see them gone, I want us to play ND but I want Miami nearly as much to revenge what they did to us. We just didn't match up right with Wake and that Williams kid is no joke! Even thou I felt Bacot deserved the ACC POY, Alonis Williams is the only other player in the ACC that I really can not be upset at his getting that honor. Their coach well deserved the COY in the ACC honor because no one expected that Wake team to be anywhere close to as good as they played this whole season.

Xavier blowing a 6 point lead with 45 seconds left and missing 10 out of their last 15 points free throws REALLY helps Wake's chances. Tourney time does strange things. Think Xavier played theirself out down the stretch.

Reactions: DSouthr
Would have never happened if the game was in Greensboro……..

And it should be in Greensboro. It should always be in Greensboro, with a trip to Charlotte thrown in every 4th, 5th year. It is the geographical center of the conference, and it is tradition. And as far as being in New York? If you aren't playing at MSG you are little more than a side show.

VT beat Clem with a 3 at the buzzer in OT.

UVa and Lou in a close, low scoring affair, tied 37-37 at the under 8 timeout. Heels get the winner.

Clark is the heart and soul of that team. I think he played almost the entire game. If you can contain him, you will beat UVA. BUT he is a real player that makes smart decisions and runs his team flawlessly.

Reactions: IDUNK4HEELS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT