ADVERTISEMENT

2022 McDonalds All-Americans- SEC heavy

I don't recall seeing the SEC with this many McDonalds All Americans in one game. Dook has several. Unsettling not seeing one Carolina guy.
Football money spilling over to basketball. You can only improve the football program so much before you have to spend it elsewhere. That's why these TV contracts are important. What's that saying, a rising tide lifts all boats?

Reactions: Pusha_D and gary-7
I don't recall seeing the SEC with this many McDonalds All Americans in one game. Dook has several. Unsettling not seeing one Carolina guy.
Two years in a row without a UNC recruit.

I believe I read somewhere this is the first time since its formation that there has been consecutive years without a McDonalds All-American committed to UNC.

Is not having a Micky D guy coming ion from this class a bad thing?

I see folks all the time screaming about selfish players and how they do not want UNC built to cater to the 1&D players ego needs. Yet we get players like Cole and even Caleb now and the team does not play "Carolina ball" is the constant scream? We do a lot of wanting our cake and wanting to eat it to.

I really like those kids that come to us that may be on the cusp of 5 star but not quite there, they tend to work harder and they tend to listen to their coaching. The real pay off is those guys tend to play for you longer and that allows your team to build the experience and maturity you need to make deep marches in the post season. I prefer we build our future NBA players rather than have to deal with the hype of these 5 star egos. I want our core to be seasoned multi year guys that develop and then add in the 5 star guys, example adding Tony (or Marvin) to our already well seasoned group ends up in a natty. We kind of fell in to that we need 5 stars trap after our last natty because we lost so many guys from that natty team. But those 5 stars really did little for the team but when they left resulted in us being constantly young at key positions and that have not played out well for us.

Roy won nattys with Jr and seniors, all 3 natty were this and you just do not see many 5 stars that are worthy of that rank stay for more than a year or 2, rare that you get a Jr season from those 5 star guys, Bacot is one of the very few.

If you actually watched the game, you wouldn't want one single player on the floor! They goof around, play token D, and jack 30 foot shots for laughs. The only time they pass is to outlet or if they are about to go out of bounds! The game has devolved into a quasi-Globetrotter exhibition! (I bet the generals could actually get a win!)

Washington would probably have made it without the injuries, but letting Jaden Bradley get away --- especially to overrated Oats and those jabronies at bama --- still makes my ****ing skin crawl.

SEC has made a huge jump just from the last few years of coaching hires. Like em or not there are some good coaches there now. I have to live in the middle of it, and hear all sorts of crap. Bama this auburn this. Makes me wanna puke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT