ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NCAA Tournament

0.3% of the ESPN brackets had St. Peters in the Elite 8.

I figured there had to be a couple of devoted Peacocks fans who go out on the limb.

They will remember this run forever.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So we've had the first announcer making excuses for Houston fouling and getting away with it. It was along the lines, of 'Yes, he hit him with the body, but that's just the way Houston plays.'

Reactions: gary-7
Jay Wright has made things clear to the officials. So Nova will not get mugged the way UNC was mugged by Baylor.

Reactions: gary-7
So we've had the first announcer making excuses for Houston fouling and getting away with it. It was along the lines, of 'Yes, he hit him with the body, but that's just the way Houston plays.'
Yep. Heard that and just SMH. Nova is just as bad, just sneakier. This game is fugly. Like two football teams playing a pickup basketball game.

And to think, Cronin was part of the thug-ball camp at Cincy. Said it in the other thread, UNC-UCLA should have been the Natty game.

SMDH.
Whos been a better program the last several years? Obviously im not talking about all time

Guess that depemds on your definition of "program", huh?
Whats yours? You love arguing but only provide opinions and never facts so ill give you some

-theyve made 3 final fours in the last 6 tournaments
-they are 2 wins away from their 3rd championship in 6 tournaments
-they have players starting on good NBA teams
-they win their conference almost every year
-they
-havent missed the tournament in over 10 years
-almost all of their players stay 3-4 years

now tell me who is better gary?

Whats yours? You love arguing but only provide opinions and never facts so ill give you some

-theyve made 3 final fours in the last 6 tournaments
-they are 2 wins away from their 3rd championship in 6 tournaments
-they have players starting on good NBA teams
-they win their conference almost every year
-they
-havent missed the tournament in over 10 years
-almost all of their players stay 3-4 years

now tell me who is better gary?
Arguing? That would be you, bubba. So go ahead.

Still say zags had the best chance to stop their FF run but they wet the bed. So I guess it’s up to us as long as we take care of business today.

I’m sure some dook fans are salivating at the opportunity to play us again. Since we are not any good and are getting lucky plus every team we’ve played is overrated

Ok this is how this is going to play out. We have beaten one blue blood and are about to beat the team that beat a blue blood. Then we will wrap it up with beating the last two blue bloods in dook and Kansas. Hubert COY.

Wasn't he involved in some bad things, as a coach, a while back??
Definitely. Bob Knight warned Indiana not to hire because he was dirty. So the IU brass, still trying to prove they knew more than Knight hired Sampson, and then IU had to deal with his dirt. Knight was at TTU and saw Sampson up close at OU. One off the record comment I recall when IU hired Sampson was that Knight had told the off the record commenter that OU under Sampson reminded him of Michigan with the Fab 5, not in terms of talent but in terms of corruption.

Sampson can coach, but he rightly is suspect. I would not be surprised if Houston basketball gets hit by the NCAA as Memphis is now being hit.

Definitely. Bob Knight warned Indiana not to hire because he was dirty. So the IU brass, still trying to prove they knew more than Knight hired Sampson, and then IU had to deal with his dirt. Knight was at TTU and saw Sampson up close at OU. One off the record comment I recall when IU hired Sampson was that Knight had told the off the record commenter that OU under Sampson reminded him of Michigan with the Fab 5, not in terms of talent but in terms of corruption.

Sampson can coach, but he rightly is suspect. I would not be surprised if Houston basketball gets hit by the NCAA as Memphis is now being hit.
That sounds about what I remembered. Bobby was very bitter about IU, and still is. He and his booster buddies went hard against any and all that followed him there. The IU sanctions were minor with Sampson, telephone cards I think. It made for a very toxic environment.

Mike Woodson has got a Bobby pass and they even got him to come to a game this year. Bobby is Bobby...lol.

Not sure about Houston with Sampson other then they win an awful lot without top tier recruits. He has won everywhere he has been, with some issues to go along with the winning.

Kansas ballin' in the 2nd half. Still 8 mi uses left, but Miami better slow that train down that got rollin' on them after halftime.

That sounds about what I remembered. Bobby was very bitter about IU, and still is. He and his booster buddies went hard against any and all that followed him there. The IU sanctions were minor with Sampson, telephone cards I think. It made for a very toxic environment.

Mike Woodson has got a Bobby pass and they even got him to come to a game this year. Bobby is Bobby...lol.

Not sure about Houston with Sampson other then they win an awful lot without top tier recruits. He has won everywhere he has been, with some issues to go along with the winning.
Woodson played for Knight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT