ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Thread

ProfessorOwl

Junior
Oct 31, 2017
Seems like there is a lot of discussion about potential 2022 recruits so I figured I'd make the thread. Since the 2021 class is still mostly unfinished, our needs for 2022 are pretty opaque. It will probably include a point guard and a big or two. As far as the local NC class looks, it doesn't seem to have many elite players now that Bradley is playing in Florida. That said, I'm partial to Brandon White from Spencer, NC. There's also Jarace Walker, an SF from IMG who seems to be a fan of Carolina.

The depth chart for 2022 is as follows
PG: Davis (Jr )
SG: Harris (R.Jr), Dunn (Soph)
SF: Walton (Jr) Johnson (Jr)
PF: Styles (Soph)
C: TBD

Recruits UNC has offered:
Clark - CG, potentially 2021
Bradley - PG
Mitchell - SF
Anderson - C

Last edited:
We have been after of few of those kids more than the remaining '21"s.
Walker was a younger kid that caught Roy's eye when he was down to see Armando at IMG.

On the '22's, Clark my go anytime. Likes us.
Bradley is another I like but staff has been on Mitchell and have recently offered the big from AZ, like him too but those west coast kids often stay there.

Pos.Recruit
Offered
CGSkyy Clark
Brentwood, TN (Brentwood Academy)
PGJaden Bradley
Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)
SFMark Mitchell
Mission, KS (Bishop Miege)
CDylan Anderson
Gilbert, AZ (Perry)

Pos.Recruit
On The Radar
SFJarace Walker
Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

ClassScholarships (13)
Scholarship Count (max 13 per season)
SR (2)Brooks, Platek
JR (3)Black, Manley, McAdoo
SO (1)Bacot
FR (7)Davis, Harris, Johnson, Kessler, Love, Sharpe, Walton
2021Styles

Basketball Menu
Basketball NewsScheduleRosterRecruitingRecruiting BoardRecruit RankingsNational RecruitingWhere's Roy?Tar Heels in the NBAJerseys in the RaftersMcDonald's All-AmericansFinal Four AppearancesWomen's BasketballPhotosVideos

Reactions: TheGLOV
More info on Brandon White

At a rapid-fire rate, North Carolina and your recruitment, go.

“Top of my list, Coach Robinson, that’s my guy.”

Seems like he's ours if we want him. Obviously a lot will change with our big man situation between now and 2022. I suspect this is a guy that will rise significantly over the next year.

More info on Brandon White

At a rapid-fire rate, North Carolina and your recruitment, go.

“Top of my list, Coach Robinson, that’s my guy.”

Seems like he's ours if we want him. Obviously a lot will change with our big man situation between now and 2022. I suspect this is a guy that will rise significantly over the next year.

As much as I like the kid and his love for UNC, in the NCAA he just cannot DUNK everything.

The depth chart for 2022 is as follows
PG: Davis (Jr )
SG: Harris (R.Jr), Dunn (Soph)
SF: Walton (Jr) Johnson (Jr)
PF: Styles (Soph)
C: TBD
We could still have Black and Manley, couldn't we? If so, I assume Leaky starts. As for Manley, who knows?

I like Walton in the back court.

Can either Harris or Walton play backup PG?

I'm expecting RJ to be a 4 or 5 year player - mainly due to his size - and to start getting seriously good next year. If so, we don't necessarily need a 5-star PG right away. Then again, we should probably have some on our list, just in case.

I watched some YouTube highlights of Green. He looks like a mid major prospect. He seemed to have something to say to his opponents after made baskets rather than sprinting back on defense. I find it impossible to believe that he is the best prospect in North Carolina

Last edited:
I watched some YouTube highlights of Green. He looks like a mid major prospect. He seemed to have something to say to his opponents after made baskets rather than sprinting back on defense. I find it impossible to believe that he is the best prospect in North Carolina

Roy will correct that bad habit I'm sure sir.

Best prospects in NC https://phenomhoopreport.com/rankings/2022-north-carolina/ .... You have to watch more than highlights to see how good someone is. He actually had a solid summer and this summer would be a better gauge of how good he really is if they are able to play in the EYBL. Compared to previous NC classes I do think the 2022 is a down class but keep in mind 3 of the best players in the Nation left for IMG, Montrverde and Oak Hill. I think if we do get Green by year 3 and 4 he could be pretty good he is already a pretty good stretch 4. Haven't seen to many of the other PF in the country but the 2 that Rivals have ranked in front of him from NC Green is better than them both.

Reactions: Sk1310
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT