ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Team Rankings for your Preseason Amusement

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
The top 25 plus the rest of the ACC as currently rated by the indicated sources.

As usual, there's a good bit of agreement but several head-scratchers.

What changes would you make?

TeamAPACC.comPomeroyLunardi (seed)
Gonzaga1--11
UCLA1--71
Kansas3--31
Villanova4--92
Texas5--141
Michigan6--22
Purdue7--62
Baylor8--43
Duke91103
Kentucky10--173
Illinois11--53
Memphis12--162
Oregon13--295
Alabama14--194
Houston15--114
Arkansas16--154
Ohio St17--84
Tennessee18--135
UNC193405
FSU202246
Maryland21--186
Auburn22--286
St Bonaventure23--305
UConn24--217
Virginia254459
Virginia Tech--5399
Louisville--6367
Syracuse--741bubble
Notre Dame--8278
NC State--956--
Georgia Tech--1054--
Clemson--1159--
Miami--1283--
Wake Forest--13104--
Pitt--14145--
Boston College--15146--

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Haha 😂 go back to your hole Dookie! Pomeroy is terrible and we will see in a few weeks how overrated dook is! Y’all are picked to win the ACC every year and guess what...dook hasn’t won it since 2009-2010! So keep getting excited about your overrated semester OAD players and pre season rankings 😂😂😂

I agree. Although UCLA returns everyone (I think) so they'll be able to prove it to us doubters. Baylor lost a lot, but supposedly has good replacements.

It will be fun to see.
UCLA may be better than I give them credit for, but for now, I see them as a 9 loss 7 seed that got hot at the right time. We will see

UCLA may be better than I give them credit for, but for now, I see them as a 9 loss 7 seed that got hot at the right time. We will see
I’m with you, I’ll gladly eat my crow, but I think they just got hot at the right time. Last year, before the tourney, I don’t think they were a team that anyone was worried about too much

I will never envy dook or UK

the stress it must cause every year knowing you have zero clue what your team will look like and the entire outcome of your season comes down to whether or not the OADs coming in are better or worse than the ones that just left

imagine what a disaster dook will be if Banchero ends up being Nassir Little?

the stress it must cause every year knowing you have zero clue what your team will look like and the entire outcome of your season comes down to whether or not the OADs coming in are better or worse than the ones that just left

Well I believe their fans think he’s closer to Zion than little

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious

Plus, it's a lot more fun to watch players you "know" than players who disappear about the time you start to like them.

Reactions: Heelicious
Dook and Kentucky will continue to get 5* recruits because both programs promise to feature the individual, whereas UNC promises to feature a system that allows players to thrive in it. I wouldn't want it any other way.

If you were an "instant gratification" kid, which would you want? I think the way we do it is part of the vetting process to weed out the kids that are more about the name on the back of the jersey than the name on the front.

GDTBATH!!!

Dook and Kentucky will continue to get 5* recruits because both programs promise to feature the individual, whereas UNC promises to feature a system that allows players to thrive in it. I wouldn't want it any other way.

If you were an "instant gratification" kid, which would you want? I think the way we do it is part of the vetting process to weed out the kids that are more about the name on the back of the jersey than the name on the front.

GDTBATH!!!
Carolina recruits and spends money in an attempt to get the same kids...don't they?

Carolina recruits and spends money in an attempt to get the same kids...don't they?
Unc actually recruits players that plan to stay a couple of years! Dook mainly recruits all one and dones..and it appears Dook spends quite a bit more (illegally) than UNC! Example....Zion lol and all of the 100 other rent a players y’all have had in the past 11 years 😂 by the way who is living in zions old house now..Banchero?

• Haha
Of course. Carolina doesn't land 100% of the kids they recruit. My point is there is a much more shallow recruiting pool when you place as much emphasis on character as you do talent. Dook and Kensucky aren't limited by such restraints. I would venture a guess that there are many more 5* recruits that don't pass vetting at UNC who are free to spend their one year in college at another blue blood than we know. Just think of only the ones we hear about (Dillingham, Lively, Greg Brown to name a few of many).

Last edited:
I think the pukie recognizes the subtle difference between throwing your hat in the ring and putting your money where your mouth is! UNC does indeed recruit the same kids frequently, but many of those offers are done because you have to reach out and take a shot. It is good for future recruits and there is always a chance one might surprise you. Often UNC backs away before they sign once we realize what it takes to land them and often we give them a first come, first served offer. UNC often will concentrate our efforts on kids who fit the Carolina Way and "miss" the kids who are looking for a pitstop! The good thing from my perspective is we don't have a gated community with houses sitting there waiting for a "sitter"!

But if the JCD needs to feel it is the same to salvage their self-esteem, have at it!

Here is the thing boogie, when a coach offers a kid, that coach most of the time knows very little about the kid, outside of him being very talented. Once a coach makes an offer, that is where the relationship building begins and where the kid learns about the program as well as the coaches get to know about this kid they offered. What you see a lot, Roy did it, Hubert has a couple times already, once the schools coaches get to know a kid they discover at times that outside of talent, maybe this kid is not the best fit for my program. The result most often is they don't publicly kill the recruitment but they back away gradually while other programs ramp up with him. Has the same effect without causing a negative light to shine.

Tar Heel fans seem unified in that they (we) want guys that want to play for UNC, for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the guy exclusively focused on his own name on the back of a jersey. But when Hubert has quietly backed away from a kid in this last cycle (for example) some want to tag Hubert with having missed for a recruit he wanted? This is NOT arguing semantics, it is fairly associating a coach with what is really a kid he missed on and what may seem like a miss because the kid did have an offer from us but we in fact quietly backed away from the kid, which granted a wide open lane for another program to step in. This as well as a coach will at times give multiple offers for the same need position, most of the time a coach will do this and have like his 1A and 1B guys be a first come first serve situation. Because the 1B guy is ready to commit before the 1A guy is you take that 1B guy, even knowing that it likely forces your 1A guy, the guy you may have slightly preferred, to go elsewhere. That is what happened with Bradley and Trimble as well as what happened with Nickel and Whitmore. Hubert taking his 1B guy because that 1B guy was ready to commit does not mean Hubert missed on his 1A, it means 1A was to slow if UNC was where he really wanted to be. The kid that jumps on the offer first between the 1A and 1B is the kid that wants it more and frankly, I want that kid more that really wants to play for UNC as opposed to the highest bidder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT