ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting

Sk1310

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2013
SF Jason Asemota, The 22nd ranked player in the class, recently listed Oregon, Baylor and UNC as his current top 3. UNC has yet to offer, but he will be visiting on June 17th.

Looks like Hubert is casting a pretty wide net for ‘24….
Offers:
(C) Brown 4*
(PF) Stephenson 5*
(SF) Powell 4*
(SG) Jackson 5*
(SG) Johnson 5*
(SG) Scott 5*
(PG) Cadeau 5*
(PG) Fland 5*

Gary says he likes Cadeau best at the point, anyone else have preferred players?

I see Powell is visiting in August and Brown has a visit scheduled for Oct 15

Reactions: Rob Stephens
Offers:
(C) Brown 4*
(PF) Stephenson 5*
(SF) Powell 4*
(SG) Jackson 5*
(SG) Johnson 5*
(SG) Scott 5*
(PG) Cadeau 5*
(PG) Fland 5*

Gary says he likes Cadeau best at the point, anyone else have preferred players?

We have a slew of the cream of the crop guards offered, so I would like to see Brown and/or Stevenson as bigs commit, then see which of the talented guards we are courting we can pull.

Reactions: Ozheelfan
Offers:
(C) Brown 4*
(PF) Stephenson 5*
(SF) Powell 4*
(SG) Jackson 5*
(SG) Johnson 5*
(SG) Scott 5*
(PG) Cadeau 5*
(PG) Fland 5*

I really like Cadeau (I do prefer him to boogie but I like Boogie a ton and if no Cadeau I move Boogie up). I prefer Asemota to Jackson and Johnson only because those 2 will not play more than 1 college season and may not even play the one. Stevenson and Powell, I am just not sold, both should be nice college players but I am not there on either at this point. Cam Scott, I just don't see it, just don't see why he is ranked so high, give me Asemota any day of the week.

Brown, yeah I see the upside but I would like to see if maybe we may have a better option out there but I definitely would not back off Brown either.

SF Jason Asemota, The 22nd ranked player in the class, recently listed Oregon, Baylor and UNC as his current top 3. UNC has yet to offer, but he will be visiting on June 17th.
I Was Really Glad It Seemed Coach Davis Established a Solid Rapport With J. Asemota From Asemota's Comments, and Haven't Heard NOTHING Otherwise. Don't Understand Why The Coaches Aren't Solidifying a Relationship With Him and His Family, He's A Very Good 6'9" Player With Range? Him, a James Brown, a John Bol, With Ian Jackson and Elliott Cadeau at Guards Earns UNC a No. 1 Recruiting Class: GO HEELS!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I really like Cadeau (I do prefer him to boogie but I like Boogie a ton and if no Cadeau I move Boogie up). I prefer Asemota to Jackson and Johnson only because those 2 will not play more than 1 college season and may not even play the one. Stevenson and Powell, I am just not sold, both should be nice college players but I am not there on either at this point. Cam Scott, I just don't see it, just don't see why he is ranked so high, give me Asemota any day of the week.

Brown, yeah I see the upside but I would like to see if maybe we may have a better option out there but I definitely would not back off Brown

I'm All In On Cadeau at Point, But I'd Want BOTH; Ian Jackson and Jason Asemota. With Those 3 Add a James Brown and a: John Bol, A Faye Bol, With a Jarin Stevenson: GO HEELS!

I Was Really Glad It Seemed Coach Davis Established a Solid Rapport With J. Asemota From Asemota's Comments, and Haven't Heard NOTHING Otherwise. Don't Understand Why The Coaches Aren't Solidifying a Relationship With Him and His Family, He's A Very Good 6'9" Player With Range? Him, a James Brown, a John Bol, With Ian Jackson and Elliott Cadeau at Guards Earns UNC a No. 1 Recruiting Class: GO HEELS!
Asemota is working with UNC to set up another date for his official visit, this would not happen without mutual interest from both the kid and UNC. I think everyone is expecting an offer to Asemota either on the visit or before. The question isn't if there is mutual interest, it is more along the lines of why is this recruitment seems to be more "quiet" than most with no offer yet?

I would suggest, first this class has a lot of really good wings, 3-4s and 3-2s, Asemota is more of a 3-4 that can stretch from the 4 and physically take it to most wings in the paint. If I had to be pinned down on why this recruitment has been "quieter than most" I would suggest that while Hubert really likes Asemota, he is maybe a bit more enchanted with Jackson and Johnson and wants to leave the door some what open for them. I have strong doubt that we lead for either Jackson or Johnson, I do think we would definitely lead for Asemota if he had an offer from us right now, we are in his top 3 even without an offer. I prefer we turn the heat up on Asemota and if either Johnson or Jackson really want UNC then that would flush them out and if not then we don't whiff on 3 waiting for the decisions of 2.

Asemota not going anywhere just yet. Sean is working.

Jason Asemota has solidified himself as a a top 20 player in the class of 2024. With his length, skill, and overall feel for the game has helped bring him success on the court. On UNC: "Coach Sean May is definitely on me about my shot making abilities. They love to shoot the ball at North Carolina. They really also like my rebounding and my defensive abilities."

Jason Asemota has solidified himself as a a top 20 player in the class of 2024. With his length, skill, and overall feel for the game has helped bring him success on the court. On UNC: "Coach Sean May is definitely on me about my shot making abilities. They love to shoot the ball at North Carolina. They really also like my rebounding and my defensive abilities."
He certainly fits in with the Tar Heel hair club!

Positive vibes from Cadeau:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I&#39;m definitely going to visit UNC.&quot;<br><br>He&#39;s also visiting <a href="https://twitter.com/TexasTechMBB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@TexasTechMBB</a> next month<a href="https://twitter.com/ElliotCadeau?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@ElliotCadeau</a> <a href="https://t.co/2Gh8t3tLXO">https://t.co/2Gh8t3tLXO</a></p>&mdash; Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) <a href="">August 12, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who is it going to be Power or High? Or, could it be both? Or neither...

So who is it going to be Power or High? Or, could it be both? Or neither...
A podcast I just listened to suggested that Power is more of a 3 who can play the 4 but would be much better at SF; whereas High is much more a 4 with some stretchiness.

If that's a fair assessment, we could definitely use both.

If you look at Duke's 2023 class, they already have 2 PFs listed at 6'8 210 - same stats as Power. But if they are legit PFs, while power is more of a SF, then Duke is probably a better fit for Power.

Here, not only would Power likely be asked to play more at PF, but he's likely to face stronger competition at SF. Does he start at SF for us ahead of Puff, Styles and Nickel? I'm assuming a couple of those guys will establish themselves very solidly this season. Whereas unless the NIL is really good, I imagine Duke's OADs from this season will leave, allowing Power to slot in as the presumptive starting SF.

If I'm Power and I actually do like both UNC and Duke, I think I'd wait to see who steps up this year and who's likely to leave before making my decision. In other words, a Spring decision.

High, on the other hand, should probably jump on this offer, if he actually has one without any conditions attached. High on board shouldn't change Power's calculus. And even if we land both Power and High, we'll still have a scholarship or 2 for the portal.

I just clicked your link and it shows Asemota committed to Baylor a few days ago.

SIAP

Power and High are 2023…. Maybe I’m just being petty, but why not talk about them on the ‘23 thread?

Trentyn Flowers gets his UNC offer, which will be among many courting him. Funny he says he is a 6'9 point guard although he is listed as a small forward.

I truly hope with all my heart that puke plays 5 wings against us! If it is even possible we will administer an even more epic beatdown if so!

Reactions: alabamaheel
I know the family personally and he can easily run the point.

Not sure how those 2 connect. He can run the point because the family says he can? If you believe he can run the point, it would be so much easier just to say that without waving your own “look at me” flag. We get it, you know them personally, but you can keep reminding us if you want to.

Not sure how those 2 connect. He can run the point because the family says he can? If you believe he can run the point, it would be so much easier just to say that without waving your own “look at me” flag. We get it, you know them personally, but you can keep reminding us if you want to.
There you go again...LOL.

Man, pull him up on You Tube and look at the videos at him running the point.

The family agrees with me 300%. "Someone" at UNC thinks he will be a good point guard also.

I have said too much....no more questions please...LMFAO

Trentyn Flowers mom liked and retweeted this tweet. Bottom line and everyone knows it, the mothers have a lot of influence. She is a very nice lady.

Kristi Flowers

liked your Tweet
To see 6'9" Trentyn Flowers running the point for UNC in 2024 would be scary for the competition. The kid can do it all.... @FlowersTrentyn @blessedKristi @HeelIllustrated @InsideCarolina
[URL='https://twitter.com/blessedKristi']

Kristi Flowers[/URL]
Retweeted your Tweet
To see 6'9" Trentyn Flowers running the point for UNC in 2024 would be scary for the competition. The kid can do it all.... @FlowersTrentyn @blessedKristi @HeelIllustrated @InsideCarolina

Last edited:
There you go again...LOL.

Man, pull him up on You Tube and look at the videos at him running the point.

The family agrees with me 300%. "Someone" at UNC thinks he will be a good point guard also.

I have said too much....no more questions please...LMFAO

Trentyn Flowers mom liked and retweeted this tweet. Bottom line and everyone knows it, the mothers have a lot of influence. She is a very nice lady.

Kristi Flowers

liked your Tweet
[URL='https://twitter.com/blessedKristi']

Kristi Flowers[/URL]
Retweeted your Tweet

I'm not arguing whether he can run the point or not, it's just tiresome that you have to let us know in every post that you know the family. We get it!

I'm not arguing whether he can run the point or not, it's just tiresome that you have to let us know in every post that you know the family. We get it!
That's on the Premium site. Why don't you put me on ignore? We get it? Or it's just you?

Plus, I think there are many posters that would like to know anything about this recruit that I can bring to the board.

That's on the Premium site. Why don't you put me on ignore? We get it? Or it's just you?

Plus, I think there are many posters that would like to know anything about this recruit that I can bring to the board.

You still don't get. You bring good info to the board, but you come across as a horn tooter which I'm not a fan of. You can give us all the Flowers info you want without having to remind us with every post that you have the mom on speed dial. Carry on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT