ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

What bout the 7' 2 guy from UK .. I see he's in the portal Zvonimir Ivisic .. thoughts.. he gonna follow Cal .. maybe Hubert has / should reach out to him
He's mostly just potential at this point, with a nice jumper.

I suspect he'll follow Cal to Arkansas. Though he has said he's homesick.

My new list: Ballo, Bradshaw, Tyson, R Griffen, J Pope. (Ormier or Skogman would also work for us)

Go Get "em Hubs!

We need two bigs for sure.. I will take any two of Bradshaw, Ballo, Omoruyi, Osbor, or Aidoo. Wolf would be last possible option imo. Omoruyi is a beast who can body any big in the country and has the athleticism to back it up.

We also need at least another guard and a wing. I would take Griffen, Pope, or Johnell Davis.

We need two bigs for sure.. I will take any two of Bradshaw, Ballo, Omoruyi, Osbor, or Aidoo. Wolf would be last possible option imo. Omoruyi is a beast who can body any big in the country and has the athleticism to back it up.

We also need at least another guard and a wing. I would take Griffen, Pope, or Johnell Davis.

Omoruyi
Ballo
Wolf
Bradshaw

We definitely need one of those 4 but probably 2 depending on what Ingram does. I think the first 2 are real bangers that only play the 5. The next 2 are hybrid guys that could play at the 4. Is that how others see it? 1 of each is probably the right recipe.

Omoruyi
Ballo
Wolf
Bradshaw

We definitely need one of those 4 but probably 2 depending on what Ingram does. I think the first 2 are real bangers that only play the 5. The next 2 are hybrid guys that could play at the 4. Is that how others see it? 1 of each is probably the right recipe.
Yeah. Need 1 of each really. Not sure if I like Omoruyi or Ballo more. Omoruyi is a lot more athletic with shot blocking ability. A real rim protector. Ballo is a better scorer.

Bradshaw has more potential than Wolf but Wolf is more proven. We dont really know if Bradshaw will turn out to be good or not.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
I have no info that we have reached out to Griffen, Skogman, or Pope. I know we have communicated with the others on the list. I hope Hubs and staff reach out to what is now my wish list!

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5
Bradshaw now listed 100% Ohio State
Ballo now listed 100% Indiana
Yeap..Also some guy on Twitter named Trilly something is saying Wolf is visiting UNC…I don’t know if that is correct but he gets some things right from time to time..

Mann i really wanted Ballo; superior rim protector, a 7ft 260lb athletic monster! He’s literally a clone of Shaq (unfortunately that includes his ft%). Lol.

O well…Next up, Wolf!

Mann i really wanted Ballo; superior rim protector, a 7ft 260lb athletic monster! He’s literally a clone of Shaq (unfortunately that includes his ft%). Lol.

O well…Next up, Wolf!
I prefer guy from Rutgers anyways. I see a lot of prime Dwight Howard in his game and physique.

Bradshaw is officially committed to Ohio State.. seems like the quicker we get these guys on the visit, the quicker we can get them to commit. They arent waiting on other visits before committing...

You're going to mighty disappointed.

We aren't getting two of the bigs you listed. Wolf is certainly not the last option on that list. We aren't getting any of the guards you listed either unless RJ leaves.

Indiana 100% vs Indiana

I’ve noticed some players in the portal have the shows the name of school plus the 100%, and others simply have the school name but without the 100%.

Anyone know why?!

You're going to mighty disappointed.

We aren't getting two of the bigs you listed. Wolf is certainly not the last option on that list. We aren't any of the guards you listed either unless RJ leaves.
We need a wing regardless to replace Wojcik that is actually GOOD. Guy from Alabama would be perfect.

We need two bigs. Bacot as the only 5 man last year was not good. When he got in foul trouble, bigger teams would go right at Washington. Imagine going against UConn without Bacot. We would be destroyed in no time. We need a starting 5 big man and a backup. A stretch 4 would be beneficial also. After watching Wolf highlights, I can see a lot of Manek in his game. He will have 2 years left also which is great!

247sports transfer portal says 100%. But I hope you’re right that it’s a prediction only. Like to see that dude in UNC blue!

We need a wing regardless to replace Wojcik that is actually GOOD. Guy from Alabama would be perfect.

We need two bigs. Bacot as the only 5 man last year was not good. When he got in foul trouble, bigger teams would go right at Washington. Imagine going against UConn without Bacot. We would be destroyed in no time. We need a starting 5 big man and a backup. A stretch 4 would be beneficial also. After watching Wolf highlights, I can see a lot of Manek in his game. He will have 2 years left also which is great!
Wolf is a center. He can't guard stretch 4s. He's definitely not Manek.

Sounds like the staff is aiming for Cade Tyson as a wing shooter. But Jackson and Powell will have to both play big roles on the wing.

I guess the staff thinks Washington, Brown, High, and Withers will be enough big man depth behind whatever center they pull from the portal.

The only Ingram replacement being floated right now is Adou Thiero. That seems like playing with fire to me.

I was hoping we'd try to get Bradshaw as a 4. I miss seeing us throw lobs.

Starting to feel like we are going to take 1 Big and roll with JWah,High,Brown and Withers…

Wolf is a center. He can't guard stretch 4s. He's definitely not Manek.

Sounds like the staff is aiming for Cade Tyson as a wing shooter. But Jackson and Powell will have to both play big roles on the wing.

I guess the staff thinks Washington, Brown, High, and Withers will be enough big man depth behind whatever center they pull from the portal.

The only Ingram replacement being floated right now is Adou Thiero. That seems like playing with fire to me.

I was hoping we'd try to get Bradshaw as a 4. I miss seeing us throw lobs.
Wolf is more of a 4 than Washington is. I watched his highlights. He goes outside and shoots the 3 and has a nice looking stroke. Definitely not a full-time 5 like Bacot. I dont see why he cant play the 4 spot alongside another big man at the 5. Wolf is big enough to play the 5 if needed.

Wolf also shoots it better than Withers. I dont mind Tyson, but like someone else said, I cant help but fear he is another Wojcik!!!

Wolf is more of a 4 than Washington is. I watched his highlights. He goes outside and shoots the 3 and has a nice looking stroke. Definitely not a full-time 5 like Bacot. I dont see why he cant play the 4 spot alongside another big man at the 5. Wolf is big enough to play the 5 if needed.
Washington is a 5. Wolf is a 5. They are both stretch 5s.

You are what you can guard. In this era you can't play the 4 unless you can defend the perimeter, chase guys around screens, close out on 3pt shooters, etc...

Hubert started small forward Harrison Ingram at the 4. The only Ingram replacement talked about so far is Adou Thiero. This should give you an idea of what Hubert is looking for in a 4.

Defensively Wolf may not be a 4 man, but offensively he can be.. He is better than Withers or Washington thats for sure!

We need a rim protector no matter what. Thats what UConn had with Clingan. Give me dude from Rutgers. Ballo would be a close 2nd. I would be ecstatic with either one.

Id take Thiero. Why dont you like him?

Defensively Wolf may not be a 4 man, but offensively he can be.. He is better than Withers or Washington thats for sure!

We need a rim protector no matter what. Thats what UConn had with Clingan. Give me dude from Rutgers. Ballo would be a close 2nd. I would be ecstatic with either one.

Id take Thiero. Why dont you like him?
Is Thiero still 6'6"? Made 0.3 three pointers per game last season? I'm not sure he's a good fit for what Hubert wants/needs at the PF spot. I'd be terrified to ask him to defend Cooper Flagg.

I agree we need a rim protector. Omoruyi or Ballo would be best. I'm afraid we're going to end up with Aidoo who is basically a downgrade from Bacot in every possible way.

Is Thiero still 6'6"? Made 0.3 three pointers per game last season? I'm not sure he's a good fit for what Hubert wants/needs at the PF spot. I'd be terrified to ask him to defend Cooper Flagg.

I agree we need a rim protector. Omoruyi or Ballo would be best. I'm afraid we're going to end up with Aidoo who is basically a downgrade from Bacot in every possible way.
I thought Thiero was up to 6'8.. And I agree, I dont want Aidoo. He is a downgrade from Bacot. But would take him if thats all we had left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT