ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

My theory is that Hubert already has commits from 3 top portal players. He just isn't announcing them until after the portal closes so we don't lose any of our current guys to the portal.

Portal closes on May 1.

Are there actually any indications that Trimble will withdraw from the portal, or is it just trolls suggesting that?

I'd like him to stay, but I don't know if his return would be welcomed by Hubert or other fans.

We still don't know if RJ or Harrison are returning. The early entry window for the draft closes April 27.

Useful draft dates from MSN.

2024 NBA Draft key dates​

• NBA Early Entry Deadline: April 27
  • NBA Draft Lottery: May 12
  • NBA Draft Combine: May 13 to May 19
  • NCAA Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline: May 29
  • NBA Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline: June 16

When is the 2024 NBA Draft?​

• Date: Wednesday, June 26, and Thursday, June 27

My theory is that Hubert already has commits from 3 top portal players. He just isn't announcing them until after the portal closes so we don't lose any of our current guys to the portal.

Portal closes on May 1.
Do you mean he is hiding it from current players? Zero chance of that in my opinion and wouldn’t be smart either in the long run.

Are there actually any indications that Trimble will withdraw from the portal, or is it just trolls suggesting that?

I'd like him to stay, but I don't know if his return would be welcomed by Hubert or other fans.

We still don't know if RJ or Harrison are returning. The early entry window for the draft closes April 27.
On Seth, yeah, hearing there is some discussion going on but nothing definitive yet, trust me, my fingers are crossed! Hubert would take Seth back in a heart beat, his entry in to the portal was about PT. It may come down to what RJ decides, note that we seem to be talking to more front court guys than back court guys, Tyson is considered more a guy to replace Ryan/Paxon than RJ, more a 3. I have heard whispers that Seth may have elected to enter the portal to see exactly what his options are, promises are not options. Seems like maybe he has not found a better landing spot than what he has/had at UNC. The other issue is that Seth wants a legit shot at playing at least some back up PG minutes and without RJ we do need someone that can back Cadeau up.

I am operating from the position that neither RJ or Ingram come back, of the 2 I do think RJ is more likely to return and I have no idea where this notion that Cadeau may enter the portal comes from, I have not heard a hint of anything like that, the kid is working on improving his game. Have to realize, all our players that have eligibility remaining are being contacted, are being promised things if they will enter the portal and come to their programs, there is no hands off for players that are not in the portal.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Do you mean he is hiding it from current players? Zero chance of that in my opinion and wouldn’t be smart either in the long run.
I agree, Hubert is not holding cards we don't know about, I do think maybe he slow played Wolf a little bit just to see what other options had on their minds. Guys like Ballo and Bradshaw seem to have been quickly dismissed, do think Hubert really wanted Adioo but that ended abruptly ( would you pay $1.5million for him) and thus the commit to Baylor.

I keep seeing guys say Omouri is looking for a NIL bag, guys, he is not a citizen and can't get NIL, there is and has been a effort to change that but as things stands, he can not get a legit bag and teams are not buying under the table now, don't have to because they can do it out in the open now with no repercussions. Why would anyone risk violating FEDERAL LAW when it is just as easy to buy a similar player with no repercussions? What Omouri needs and wants is the ability to show case his play for a power team to show the NBA that he is more than what he showed at Rutgers. And UNC needs a defensive presence in the paint, this kid blocks shots, alters shots, and grabs boards. I would LOVE for us to grab him and Wolf and have them battle it out for minutes with Jalen & JWit. FYI, if we were to get them both, keep an eye on JWit & High, just sayin...

Dsouth, I'm with you on wanting Omoruyi big time.

I do think it's naive to think no one is sliding a bag under the table because it is against the law. Is that the same law Kentucky, dook and Bill Self basically got caught red-handed breaking but got away with?

We need to get him on a visit ASAP. If he wants a national stage. I'm not sure how Georgetown fits into his plans?

Thiero at the 4 and Omoruyi at the 5 would be incredible.

Is that a rule?
No. The law states foreign students can't work off campus. So NIL opportunities away from campus are illegal. The barnstorming events, autograph signings, store openings, filming commercials.

UK found a way around it 2 years ago with Oscar Tshiebwe. They scheduled a Bahamas trip. Once out of the country, they coordinated massive NIL opportunities to all converge during that week.

With HI now gone, we need Wolf in a bad way. Can’t he play both 4 and 5? What are the chances with him?

I do think it's naive to think no one is sliding a bag under the table because it is against the law. Is that the same law Kentucky, dook and Bill Self basically got caught red-handed breaking but got away with?

We need to get him on a visit ASAP. If he wants a national stage. I'm not sure how Georgetown fits into his plans?

Why did you include Kentucky? Not saying they don't do that, just that there wasn't near the smoke on them during this recent pay for play BS that Kansas certainly got away with, and Dook likely got away with in Zion.

Is that a rule?
It isn't a NCAA rule, my understanding is it is some kind of federal law. It is a very different proposition to break a NCAA rule which of course we know is no longer enforced by the NCAA but federal law is a horse of a very different color. Don't ask me to explain it more because I have done no research in to it but it isn't as if this has not been talked about, have seen several pod casts that have referred to this.

No. The law states foreign students can't work off campus. So NIL opportunities away from campus are illegal. The barnstorming events, autograph signings, store openings, filming commercials.

UK found a way around it 2 years ago with Oscar Tshiebwe. They scheduled a Bahamas trip. Once out of the country, they coordinated massive NIL opportunities to all converge during that week.
Purdue did the same with Eddy in Canada. They played a game there and did a big drive to build his NIL up through Toronto businesses.

With HI now gone, we need Wolf in a bad way. Can’t he play both 4 and 5? What are the chances with him?
I think VERY strong, call it just my opinion but I think we end up with Wolf and Omouri, reason why Ingram made this announcement now as opposed to waiting for NBA evaluation. The hard part is showing both Omouri and Wolf the PT they want, more Omouri than Wolf. FYI, I think Wolf is a way better fit than many of our fans realize. But as I said earlier today, if we get both keep a real eye on Wit and High, I think at least 1 of the 2 would enter the portal...

I think VERY strong, call it just my opinion but I think we end up with Wolf and Omouri, reason why Ingram made this announcement now as opposed to waiting for NBA evaluation. The hard part is showing both Omouri and Wolf the PT they want, more Omouri than Wolf. FYI, I think Wolf is a way better fit than many of our fans realize. But as I said earlier today, if we get both keep a real eye on Wit and High, I think at least 1 of the 2 would enter the portal...
Wolf is not an option now.

Reactions: gauchoheel
So are you comfortable starting 2 front court players who can't shoot? Will Hubert's system work when neither the 4 or the 5 can stretch the floor?

You can find the negative in any situation, incredible really! I enjoy much of your intel though, which is why I don’t put you on ignore. An abrasive tool with occasional good information, that’s a perfect description for you.

You can find the negative in any situation, incredible really! I enjoy much of your intel though, which is why I don’t put you on ignore. An abrasive tool with occasional good information, that’s a perfect description for you.
He doesn’t have any information..Spazz is a member on TOS under a different handle…He pays over their…Seen the exact same post on Radar and on IC Pay board…A clown he is…

Better man than me 2DD, I could not take him any more, he became the ONLY poster I have ever put on ignore.

Reactions: 1heel4life
And you are a troll who can't offer a single piece of basketball knowledge or discussion, so he resorts to insults.

There wasn't anything remotely wrong with the post you quoted. It was a legitimate basketball discussion.

And you are a troll who can't offer a single piece of basketball knowledge or discussion, so he resorts to insults.

There wasn't anything remotely wrong with the post you quoted. It was a legitimate basketball discussion. You're just such a massive a**hole that you felt the need to insult me for trying to discuss basketball.

Clown! I only post positive information to this board, unlike you. I am a HUGE Tar Heel fan, far from a troll, you’re just pissed I’m one of the few willing to call out your BS.

Clown! I only post positive information to this board, unlike you. I am a HUGE Tar Heel fan, far from a troll, you’re just pissed I’m one of the few willing to call out your BS.
There is nothing positive about your behavior, and you don't post anything that qualifies as information.

I asked legitimate basketball questions. Will Hubert's system work without a 4 or 5 who can stretch the floor? And look what you responded with. I'm done. You're on ignore and I'll be discussing this further with the people who run the site. Absolutely no excuse for your behavior.

There is nothing positive about your behavior, and you don't post anything that qualifies as information.

I asked legitimate basketball questions. Will Hubert's system work without a 4 or 5 who can stretch the floor? And look what you responded with. I'm done. You're on ignore and I'll be discussing this further with the people who run the site. Absolutely no excuse for your behavior.

& there’s something positive about your behavior? Comical

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT