ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

We need a 4 man no matter if we get Cliff or not.. Unless Hubert knows he's getting Cliff and Thiero, I do not feel good about this. There is nobody left in the portal.

Even if we get nobody, we lack MAJOR depth down low.
Several good power forwards have entered the portal over the past 24 hours.

Ven-Allen Lubin, JT Toppin, Arthur Kaluma, Coleman Hawkins, Chisom Okpara. That's on top of the guys that were already in the portal, and not including anyone else that jumps today.

But sure "There is nobody left in the portal."

Reactions: butter-finger
Several good power forwards have entered the portal over the past 24 hours.

Ven-Allen Lubin, JT Toppin, Arthur Kaluma, Coleman Hawkins, Chisom Okpara. That's on top of the guys that were already in the portal, and not including anyone else that jumps today.

But sure "There is nobody left in the portal."
We lost Bacot my man.. We dont need to fill our 4 or 5 spot with an average Joe. Cliff is better than Bacot in a lot of ways. That is a good replacement. Those other dudes are not better than Bacot in any way. I know you are mentioning Forwards, but all im saying is we need a big time player at the 4 or the 5. Cant strike out on both.

We lost Bacot my man.. We dont need to fill our 4 or 5 spot with an average Joe. Cliff is better than Bacot in a lot of ways. That is a good replacement. Those other dudes are not better than Bacot in any way. I know you are mentioning Forwards, but all im saying is we need a big time player at the 4 or the 5. Cant strike out on both.
Your previous post seemed to emphasize the 4, which is why I focused on that position. Our options beyond Thiero are growing every hour. Most of the guys I listed are actually better than Thiero. All of them score more, and most of them are better 3pt shooters. Toppin isn't a shooter but that dude looks like an absolute star.

When a player like Omier says "do not contact" I assume we want to respect that. But is there a legit way to let him know we'd be interested if he wants to contact us?

Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Omier - Withers - High
Omoruyi - Washington - Brown

Sounds like a championship team to me.

Your previous post seemed to emphasize the 4, which is why I focused on that position. Our options beyond Thiero are growing every hour. Most of the guys I listed are actually better than Thiero. All of them score more, and most of them are better 3pt shooters. Toppin isn't a shooter but that dude looks like an absolute star.
Toppin looks good. Really good at cleaning up misses. Quick.

I did mention a 4 being the biggest need. I dont think Withers is starting material. Neither do I think Washington is starting material at the 5 either. But I would trust Washington if we had a good 4 to play alongside. Either way, High is not good enough to be the second big man off the bench imo. James Brown is a project that will never see the floor for a while. We need desperate help at both the 4 and 5.

Toppin looks good. Really good at cleaning up misses. Quick.

If we can lock Cliff down I would not be opposed to brining in this kid, he would be a different version of the other 3 and we not have to depend on High as much, just don't think he will be ready by next season, Brown should red shirt, he isn't close to ready.

Agreed that Brown should redshirt. That leaves High as 3rd on the depth chart for C and PF, assuming we sign one of each from the portal

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
UK fans were excited by Pope's portal recruiting... and then he just took a commitment from Kerr Kriisa. UK fans are going to be melting down regularly over him.

BTW to meet the portal deadline all a player has to do is text message any administrator at their current school by 11:59 pm tonight. It could take up to 2 weeks for all names to become public.

BTW to meet the portal deadline all a player has to do is text message any administrator at their current school by 11:59 pm tonight. It could take up to 2 weeks for all names to become public.
Thanks. I was thinking entrants could dribble in over a few days, but didn't realize it might stretch out that long.

When a player like Omier says "do not contact" I assume we want to respect that. But is there a legit way to let him know we'd be interested if he wants to contact us?

Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Omier - Withers - High
Omoruyi - Washington - Brown

Sounds like a championship team to me.
If it's St Johns like reported I wouldn't be opposed to tampering after what they did with Ian Jackson.

The fact that Theiro visited Pitt, then Arkansas and hasn't stopped by or scheduled a visit to the hill is all I need to know about our chances there.

Who else can I obsess about?🤣😂

All about $$. We must not be paying an arm and a leg. So sad the state of affairs of college basketball.

Reactions: Archer2
How can UNC not fill a void at the 5 with an obvious scholarship vacancy AND THE PORTAL? The staff and every other player in the league knew Bacot was gone. Yet, here we are again trying to get something in the last minute.

😕

How can UNC not fill a void at the 5 with an obvious scholarship vacancy AND THE PORTAL? The staff and every other player in the league knew Bacot was gone. Yet, here we are again trying to get something in the last minute.

😕
The last minute would be August, not May 1st.

Seems kensucky got the kid from Dayton
Such a funny recruitment. He put out a top 5 of UK, UConn, dook, Kansas, and UNC. He tried to play them off each other to raise his NIL offer. But no one was having it. He basically just fell into UK's lap. He'd have been better off with a top 5 of UK and literally any other 4 schools.

He's a truly great 3pt shooter. He's also come off the bench at Dayton his entire career. I suspect he's coming off the bench at UK too based on who they have landed in the portal.

This new name in the portal could be worth a look. Redshirted as a soph, so presumably has 2 years left. Bouncy, runs the floor very well, good alley oop target, dunk machine. Stretch 4 (I guess; 35.3% from deep, where he takes a third of his shots) but not afraid to mix it up inside.

I'm wondering if Nate Oats got a commit from Ugonna Onyenso (UK big) and is keeping it quiet in hopes of not scaring Cliff off?

I would think Cliff wouldn't have much competition from Omyenso to start but, he may cut into his playing time. Both On3 and Tipton had stories a few days back about Ugonna committing to Alabama and then Cliff visited that same day and the stories were pulled. Wouldn't surprise me to see Oats employ that type of gamesmanship.

I am very grateful Cliff is on campus today and really believe we are the best spot for him. I hope he shares my views.

Get 'em coach!!!

I'm wondering if Nate Oats got a commit from Ugonna Onyenso (UK big) and is keeping it quiet in hopes of not scaring Cliff off?

I would think Cliff wouldn't have much competition from Omyenso to start but, he may cut into his playing time. Both On3 and Tipton had stories a few days back about Ugonna committing to Alabama and then Cliff visited that same day and the stories were pulled. Wouldn't surprise me to see Oats employ that type of gamesmanship.

I am very grateful Cliff is on campus today and really believe we are the best spot for him. I hope he shares my views.

Get 'em coach!!!
Wish they'd had gotten Aidoo.

I think then we would just be battling with Arkansas for Cliff. I'll take my chances with Alabama rather than Cal shady in a recruiting battle.
Oates is pretty shady himself. Lost all respect for him with the grad assistant sign stealers from our game in the tournament.

Im even cool with someone on their actual bench stealing signs and calling out plays.

But to have them in the crowd on the opposite side of our bench? I know its not technically against the rules but it definitely violates the spirit of the rules.

Hope the NCAA makes it an official violation

I think then we would just be battling with Arkansas for Cliff. I'll take my chances with Alabama rather than Cal shady in a recruiting battle.
Both programs have mega donors and SEC Football $$$. IDK what we have up our sleeve but that's gonna be hard to beat either way.

But I had read it was possibly UNC vs Alabama for Cliff. If that was the case we'd be in the drivers seat rn.

Johnell Davis commits to Arkansas. Good get for Cal, I'm rooting for Nelly, finish your college career strong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT