ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Here's a list of the remaining top 100 (+2 more) guys in the portal (On3 rankings) who are listed as C, PF or SF and are at least 6'6.

Why the 6'6 cutoff? Because we were (still are?) interested in Thiero, and he's 6'6.

Yes, the highest-rated remaining center is only #120. I still think he is worth a look. But the next one is #210. How low are we willing to go?

For comparison, Cormac was listed at 100 last year, and Paxson at 184. They worked out well for us.

06 SF Jamir Watkins RS-JR 6-7 200
14 PF Great Osobor JR 6-8 250
17 PF Coleman Hawkins SR 6-10 195
23 SF Jaylen Wells JR 6-8 205
25 PF JT Toppin FR 6-7 205
32 PF Achor Achor SO 6-9 227
41 SF Cedric Coward JR 6-6 206
42 SF Dillon Mitchell SO 6-7 180
53 PF Trevon Brazile RS-SO 6-7 180
63 SF Anthony Dell'Orso SO 6-6 190
65 SF Trazarien White JR 6-7 190
72 Kasean Pryor JR 6-8 210
84 SF Ven-Allen Lubin SO 6-8 226
88 PF Arthur Kaluma JR 6-8 225
91 SF Chris Ledlum SR 6-6 225
101 SF Adou Thiero SO 6-6 200
120 C Ugonna Onyenso SO 6-11 225
I feel like some of these height/weights are from high school

JT Toppin and Trevon Brazile are both listed at 6’9” now

Theiro listed at 6’8 (probably closer to 6’7 tbh)
Ugonna 7’0”
Hawkins up to 225 lbs

Etc…

But good list! We need another big body inside

That kid committed back in April dude
OK great, I have had zero focus on him, knew he de-committed from Ky but I was far more concerned with portal centers than the high school kid. 1 less name on my list, got it!

I feel like some of these height/weights are from high school

JT Toppin and Trevon Brazile are both listed at 6’9” now

Theiro listed at 6’8 (probably closer to 6’7 tbh)
Ugonna 7’0”
Hawkins up to 225 lbs

Etc…

But good list! We need another big body inside
Thanks. I had to look up Pryor because On3 didn't have a weight for him, and noticed that ESPN lists him at 6'10.

On the theory that most of the height changes will be in the direction of taller, I think the list is still useful. If I had known Thiero was 6'8, though, I would have saved myself some work and set the cutoff higher. :)

Committee? We hardly have any depth in those spots to call it a committee!! Only bench guys are High and Brown and Brown should never see the court. Hes not nearly ready.
Unless Hubert lands some good timber, this is going to be a "throw them in the deep end" kind of year for several of our players.

And you know what? They'll probably love it. They came to play, and they want to play, right?

Learn by doing - the old Montessori motto.

Whether throwing them in the deep end yields a good team by tournament time is anybody's guess, but it could be fun to watch - as long as we adjust our expectations early enough.

Reactions: RP12 and TPFKAPFS
Here's a list of the remaining top 100 (+2 more) guys in the portal (On3 rankings) who are listed as C, PF or SF and are at least 6'6.

Why the 6'6 cutoff? Because we were (still are?) interested in Thiero, and he's 6'6.

Yes, the highest-rated remaining center is only #120. I still think he is worth a look. But the next one is #210. How low are we willing to go?

For comparison, Cormac was listed at 100 last year, and Paxson at 184. They worked out well for us.

72 SF Kasean Pryor JR 6-8 210
I think that is a list with a lot of guys that could play well for us at the 4 but I see only 2 names I would feel comfortable with playing the 5 for us, 2 names that I think will play in college next season, Osobor and Onyenso. Yeah, those heights and weighs are way off. Therio has had a growth spurt, best I can tell he is reported to now be 6'7-8" 225-230lbs and is expected to grow to a legit 6'9", very athletic, explodes off the floor.

Anyone on here got any connections to outside the united states that maybe hubert could pick up a center for a yr or 2 .. we use to have overseas players

Let's get this kid. Reminds me of Duke's Mark Mitchell (whom I liked) with more acceptable 3pt shooting.

I REALLY think this is a guy we should get.

Having Jamir would go along way to tidying this little mess we have.

Perfect world ZH makes an incredible jump but this is my preference for an insurance policy even over Theiro

Yet another of Hubert's primary targets commits elsewhere without even visiting UNC.

This was not a problem during previous offseasons. Our NIL leadership has become garbage.

I never loved him except for his physique. He has an NBA body but he hasn't been all that productive.

Yet another of Hubert's primary targets commits elsewhere without even visiting UNC.

This was not a problem during previous offseasons. Our NIL leadership has become garbage.
This one is down to Harrison taking so long to announce unfortunately.

Last edited:

72 SF Kasean Pryor JR 6-8 210
Brazile is 6-9, Dillion Mitchell is 6-8, theiro 6-8 who just committed to Arkansas , JT toppin 6-9.

The vast majority of you wanted NIL and now you’ve got it. Be careful what you wish for. This chaos was inevitable and foreseeable for anyone with a modicum of common sense.
The ones that rabidly wanted NIL are now breaking search engines looking up the word " modicum" :)

• Haha
Reactions: Archer2
You mean the month it took him to announce? Thats a month theiro is waiting on us to make a move. Jesus, you cant be this thick
Thiero took all his campus visits and made a decision AFTER Ingram decided. Ingram had zero to do with this recruitment.

Please change your emoji to someone mercilessly beating a dead horse.
Please change your emoji to someone burying their head in the sand.

If you don't like me making factual observations about our great portal recruiting in previous years, and the obvious change this summer, then just put me on ignore.

Reactions: UNCHUSKER
Please change your emoji to someone burying their head in the sand.

If you don't like me making factual observations about our great portal recruiting in previous years, and the obvious change this summer, then just put me on ignore.
It’s not what you’re saying as much as it’s how many times. You’ve made the same post 200 times. We get it. You don’t like who’s handling UNCs nil. They failed at ky. So on and so forth. Just getting old.

It’s not what you’re saying as much as it’s how many times. You’ve made the same post 200 times. We get it. You don’t like who’s handling UNCs nil. They failed at ky. So on and so forth. Just getting old.
Feel free to block me. I'm not going to ever stop being passionate about my school. I'm the same way when I see the Board of Governors pass a rule allowing them to block UNC from leaving the ACC. I get angry when people screw up what I love. I still haven't forgiven Matt Doherty for the things he did to certain players. I could drop quite the rant on that topic, and I'm sure there were people 20 years ago that would have claimed Doh wasn't the problem.

Let's get this kid. Reminds me of Duke's Mark Mitchell (whom I liked) with more acceptable 3pt shooting.

Watkins is the guy I've wanted most even when HD was visiting Thiero in Lexington. He's from the 2020 class that RJ and Caleb Love were a part of so he's got a covid year. If I'm not mistaken he redshirted his Soph. year at VCU due to a knee injury and will be a (R) Sr. this upcoming season with that extra year of covid eligibility.

Last edited:
Feel free to block me. I'm not going to ever stop being passionate about my school. I'm the same way when I see the Board of Governors pass a rule allowing them to block UNC from leaving the ACC. I get angry when people screw up what I love. I still haven't forgiven Matt Doherty for the things he did to certain players. I could drop quite the rant on that topic, and I'm sure there were people 20 years ago that would have claimed Doh wasn't the problem.
I don’t block people. I like different opinions and discussing things. I just understand when I’ve made a point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT