ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I expect Hubert to fully catch up, but it's interesting to see Scheyer's portal chops. It looks like he's adapting to the new world rather well.

I like that because I really enjoy the rivalry. So both teams need to do well.
Hope you're right on Coach Davis. As for Duke, they already have a recruiting class full of pros so it's hard for me to like them adding even more talent in the portal, but hopefully we still give em a run this year no matter what.

They're gonna have some pissed off freshmen who were counting on PT.
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how Scheyer manages that.

If I'm counting correctly, Duke now has 11 guys. Two returning players (Proctor and Foster), six frosh (5 in the top 20), and 3 solid transfers (who will probably come off the bench but could start in a pinch, and may do so early on).

If we want to jinx him we can just say "anything less than a championship will be a failure." But of course we wouldn't want to jinx him.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I expect Hubert to fully catch up, but it's interesting to see Scheyer's portal chops. It looks like he's adapting to the new world rather well.

I like that because I really enjoy the rivalry. So both teams need to do well.
Scheyer caught tons of crap last season because he didn’t have any real success in the portal, especially trying to bring in a true center.

Scheyer caught tons of crap last season because he didn’t have any real success in the portal, especially trying to bring in a true center.
The true center we were all in on was on board and got snagged in admissions and their were expectations for Reeves to be the 5, but the injury bug got him again

Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Lubin - Withers
Coleman - Washington

How does that stack up? Does Lubin start ahead of Withers?

I don't know how good some of those guys are, but that looks pretty solid to me. And we still have High and Brown up front.

If anyone in the back court is unready or having an off day, Seth will snarf up extra minutes.

Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Lubin - Withers
Coleman - Washington

I don't know how good some of those guys are, but that looks pretty solid to me. And we still have High and Brown up front.

If anyone in the back court is unready or having an off day, Seth will snarf up extra minutes.

That would be a loaded team. Hope it shakes out this way.

That would be a loaded team. Hope it shakes out this way.
Me too, but it WOULD bring new problems...

Problems like: What ridiculousness could our resident message board pant-shitters complain about if we bolstered our 4,5 AND 3-point shooting with quality players who want to be here (just like the staff set out to do)?😂🙄🤣

Get 'em coach!!!

• Haha
Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Lubin - Withers
Coleman - Washington

I know the heights are flipped, but Hawkins would be more the Withers role/time in my opinion, he likes the perimeter. He played out for Illinois.

Lubin can get out some, but more a high or low post skill set. More meaty for dee on the block as well. He and Washington might share a role? Lubin getting the lion's share?

Cadeau - Seth
RJ - Ian
Cade - Drake
Lubin - Withers
Coleman - Washington

Who starts depends on who we get after Lubin, if we get Lubin of course. But Lubin vs JWit as to who starts I think it would be Lubin starting with Jalen, if we were to get Hawkins I think it would be Jalen starting with Hawkins and Lubin first big off the bench.

Back court, I think Tyson starts at the 3 with Drake & Ian as the main reserves, Seth may get a few mins there as well. The 2 and the point of course RJ & Cadeau start with Seth as well as Ian as reserves, I assume RJ is at the point when Cadeau sits but maybe Seth gets a few of those minutes.

I know the heights are flipped, but Hawkins would be more the Withers role/time in my opinion, he likes the perimeter. He played out for Illinois.

Lubin can get out some, but more a high or low post skill set. More meaty for dee on the block as well. He and Washington might share a role? Lubin getting the lion's share?
That makes sense.

Who starts depends on who we get after Lubin, if we get Lubin of course. But Lubin vs JWit as to who starts I think it would be Lubin starting with Jalen, if we were to get Hawkins I think it would be Jalen starting with Hawkins and Lubin first big off the bench.

Back court, I think Tyson starts at the 3 with Drake & Ian as the main reserves, Seth may get a few mins there as well. The 2 and the point of course RJ & Cadeau start with Seth as well as Ian as reserves, I assume RJ is at the point when Cadeau sits but maybe Seth gets a few of those minutes.
The Hawkins talk as a possible 5 surprises me. I have seen him play 3 much, much more than 5, and I think the stretch 4 pick and pop, ability to play some 3 is his NBA path.

I would assume selling him on playing the 5 would be awfully hard. Lubin's build allows for undersized 5 minutes. That is why I assume if Hubert can snag both it is with Lubin more interior and Hawkins as the perimeter big role.

I also think Ian will have to get solid minutes, with RJ back that may be interesting.

The Hawkins talk as a possible 5 surprises me. I have seen him play 3 much, much more than 5, and I think the stretch 4 pick and pop, ability to play some 3 is his NBA path.

I would assume selling him on playing the 5 would be awfully hard. Lubin's build allows for undersized 5 minutes. That is why I assume if Hubert can snag both it is with Lubin more interior and Hawkins as the perimeter big role.

I also think Ian will have to get solid minutes, with RJ back that may be interesting.
I think Lubin is clearly a 5 until he proves he can make 3 pointers. He's a traditional post. He'd be part of the "platoon" we'll have to play at the 5 spot since we missed on all the top choices.

Hawkins, who will be incredibly hard to get if Arkansas and Louisville are both bidding on him, fits the stretch 4 role best.

OK, so, I had to go back and re-read what I posted to see where I indicated Hawkins would play the 5 for us, I didn't and didn't think I had but had to make sure after reading your reply? Hawkins is not a 5, I did not, I have not, I shall not consider him as a 5, not sure how I can be more clear than that. Yes, absolutely, Lubin would be my back up 5 iof we got Hawkins, if we got Oyensea then Lubin would be my likely starting 4 with JWit backing him up.

30min a game average players, for me right now does not include Jalen, JWit, or Oyensea (I see them as much closer to 20min, maybe more high teens a game guys than 30). 15min a game players in my view for now does not include High or Green, not sure I would see them as 5min guys just yet, have to see how High develops this off season but he has a LONG way to go to justify 15ns in my opinion..

I do think RJ minutes do need to come down some but I have consistently shared that I don't think we need any player playing over 25mins a game, I would double down on that for our back court next season but it does depend more now on our getting 2 more solid front court guys, 2 of Lubin, Hawkins, Oyensea (but not limited to just those 3, some other names may well apply).

Reactions: _B5 and TPFKAPFS
I would actually prefer Seth to spell EC over RJ .. but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
I would as well for 2 very strong reasons, strong for me in any event. First, I don't like all the half court game we get in to when RJ is at the point, I do not like UNC going away from the breaking game that put us in Mt Rushmore. Cadeau will push it, Seth tries to push it, and RJ it slows down to half court and ends up depending way to much on jump shooting.

The other reason is we have to find Seth minutes because TYson, Drake, Ian are going to eat up most all the 3 spot minutes and just RJ (who you already know is going to average over 30mins a game) there is not going to be as many minutes for Seth to get what we really do need him to get. If there is enough minutes behind RJ for Seth it would mean that Cadeau is a bust and I do not see that at all, I would be shocked if Cadeau did not show a major uptick in his game next season.

First, I don't like all the half court game we get in to when RJ is at the point,
Yeah .. that's my point. Seems like when RJ plays point there's an imaginary boundary at the 3pt line that makes RJ turn L/R or stop. At least Seth can be VERY FAST to the rim and that draws, and makes, defenses react quickly which opens up a ton of options. EC does the same thing and I'd like to see him get well north of 30mpg.

Yeah .. that's my point. Seems like when RJ plays point there's an imaginary boundary at the 3pt line that makes RJ turn L/R or stop. At least Seth can be VERY FAST to the rim and that draws, and makes, defenses react quickly which opens up a ton of options. EC does the same thing and I'd like to see him get well north of 30mpg.
I get your concerns but you do know that RJ scored inside the 3 point line with the second most baskets only to Bacot. Half an assist behind EC all the while playing the two when EC is in the game. You better wish for EC to get his shot down and if that happens they will roll like never before.

Seth’s handle is suspect. Thats why he can’t be trusted at the point for long stretches. But I’m sure he’s working on that. I hope so. Love that guy and so happy he returned.
I could tell some difference from last year with him driving and handling the ball. Can’t wait see if he makes another jump. Just need some bigs to help these guards out. I hope Wash can show out this next year. I think he can with some work and training.

Hope you're right on Coach Davis. As for Duke, they already have a recruiting class full of pros so it's hard for me to like them adding even more talent in the portal, but hopefully we still give em a run this year no matter what.
We should be fine. You can only have five on the court at a time anyway but dook is loaded

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT