ADVERTISEMENT

3 Power 5 teams.....

KOOL123

Senior
Nov 24, 2005
Have not won 9 games since 1997....Sad to say we are on this list...Saw this on twitter on a timeline....

UNC 1997...
UK 1984 or 86....can't recall...
IU 1967....

It's time we get out of this group....As a UNC fan of all sports but I just love football....High School,College,and PRO....

Tired of being sick and tired of UNC football....I am ready to get back to winning games like the end of the Mack era...Really the last few years of Mack....I think Fed might be the guy for the job...

1 thing I do know...We have a AD who knows what football means in the grand scheme of things for UNC...unlike the last 1 who gave 2 shits about football...

Okay my rant is over....Go Tar Heels....

This came from David Hale, one of ESPN's ACC guys. He does a lot of really good stats-based content.

Yup, really embarrassing to be on a national list like that. Even Wake and dook from our own conference have managed to avoid that distinction.

I'm not sure this is the year we get to 9 wins but we need to show improvement. We're still down scholarship players as a result of sanctions but there is enough talent on this team to win. The defensive hires resulted in an upgrade at every position with the arguable exception of DL. People have criticized Fedora for being unwilling to change so you have to give him credit there. We need some more depth in the trenches but I feel pretty good about the direction of the program overall.

This came from David Hale, one of ESPN's ACC guys. He does a lot of really good stats-based content.

Yup, really embarrassing to be on a national list like that. Even Wake and dook from our own conference have managed to avoid that distinction.

I'm not sure this is the year we get to 9 wins but we need to show improvement. We're still down scholarship players as a result of sanctions but there is enough talent on this team to win. The defensive hires resulted in an upgrade at every position with the arguable exception of DL. People have criticized Fedora for being unwilling to change so you have to give him credit there. We need some more depth in the trenches but I feel pretty good about the direction of the program overall.
And hapless Vandy has done it too.

Hale pointed out that only three P5 schools had not had a 9 win season since 2000....while these three schools had been to the final four a combined 9 times.

He was basically saying that there seemed to be a correlation between winning on the hardwood and losing on the gridiron...a not so subtle way of calling out the P5 three as "basketball schools".

He was basically saying that there seemed to be a correlation between winning on the hardwood and losing on the gridiron...a not so subtle way of calling out the P5 three as "basketball schools".
Of all people, he should know that correlation =/= causation. It's a coincidence, nothing more.

UNC has consistently won enough games to qualify for a bowl during that period (9 times minus the one year with a post-season ban). They just haven't hit the 9-win mark. Kentucky (3) and Indiana (1) have not been to many bowl games.

P.S. Indiana basketball sucks now.

I do believe this is our break through season. If we can be healthy we should win some games. Our schedule is not that tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT