ADVERTISEMENT

7'1" and 240

Genuine 7 footer, nice hands and a great little right-handed baby hook.

Admittedly, this video shows him playing against Bilbo Baggins and company, so it'd be good to see how he goes against bigger competition.

Why do you post Mike? He's got offers from a bunch of schools but the Heels aren't on his list.

Why do you post Mike? He's got offers from a bunch of schools but the Heels aren't on his list.
He's knows something we don't!!..does the title say he's in the 15' class?

Genuine 7 footer, nice hands and a great little right-handed baby hook.

Admittedly, this video shows him playing against Bilbo Baggins and company, so it'd be good to see how he goes against bigger competition.

He knows something we don't!!

He knows something we don't!!

That's interesting.

I'd been hoping Roy would go after a "project player" at centre this year. Big Joel has just one more season, Kennedy likely two and if '16 is a happy recruiting hunting ground, the cupboard could be somewhat bare again in 17-18. Having a couple of upperclassmen there would help steady the ship.

A couple of things. First, someone once said "You can't teach height" and that is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Second, he seems to be fundamentally sound in that clip. Didn't bring the ball down, didn't try to play PG and dazzle with his mad ball skills, and seemed to be looking to pass almost as much as take it to the hoop, which tells me someone has coached him well. One other thing that stood out to me is that he ran the court well. There was one fast break in particular when he looked to have beaten most of his own team back on defense and made a play. He also had some pretty nifty passes to a cutter, which I like in a big man. Pretty sweet hook shot as well. Looked to have a nice touch from beyond the paint, too.

Now, with that said, there were a couple of guys who still got to the rim and got shots off but just flubbed them. He got beat and there were a few blocks that could have/would have been called fouls on him in college. He also had a few times when he got caught in dicey situations where his height allowed him to bail himself out. Pretty typical of a kid with that size against a typical HS team where they might have someone 6'-4".

All in all I would think the kid would be worth a look. Hard to tell how good he really is in one clip but with his size and what I saw I would say he would definitely be worth a look.

Spot on "Coach" Littlejohn. I also saw that he was mobile and confident enough to put the ball on the floor from about 12-15 out and getting a better shot at the rim instead of settling for a jumper.. ......good stuff "Coach"

Reactions: Littlejon
LOL!

Having NEVER played a minute of organized ball, if I am a "coach" then whomever I am "coaching" is in pretty sad shape!

Just a long time follower of the game and someone who tries to be observant. Aside from that, I got nothin'!

Someone on the other site says he signed a contract to play pro ball in Greece but can opt out as long as he doesn't receive any money to mess up his amateur status. I don't have any idea just something I read over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT