ADVERTISEMENT

Above ground tools

cletusnow

All-American
Dec 1, 2006
bernie-sanders.jpg

That will have zero impact on her if she runs. This story will be insignificant when she runs. Her supporters certainly won't hold it against her and vote for a democrat.
That only applies if she makes it through the primary. I’m sure an enterprising repub opponent will bring up the fact that she ‘stands with blm’. In her rush to join the mindless mob she may have ruined her chances.

Reactions: Heelicious
That only applies if she makes it through the primary. I’m sure an enterprising repub opponent will bring up the fact that she ‘stands with blm’. In her rush to join the mindless mob she may have ruined her chances.
I can't really think of a more qualified candidate. She is still in good favor with Trump and has just enough separation to draw in more moderate Republicans who I think will come out and vote to make sure another Trump like person doesn't win. Plus she's a female minority, so she will get the full backing and $upport of the people in power. She's your next nominee if she runs.

That will have zero impact on her if she runs. This story will be insignificant when she runs. Her supporters certainly won't hold it against her and vote for a democrat.

I'd hesitate to vote for her because of this one kneejerk reaction. For real. It shows a lack of thoughtfulness and a willingness to cave to public pressure no matter how outrageous and preposterous the demands. It will absolutely have an impact on her. I still like her. But I'd like her a lot better if she released a statement saying she was an idiot for blindly jumping on the woke train.

I'd hesitate to vote for her because of this one kneejerk reaction. For real. It shows a lack of thoughtfulness and a willingness to cave to public pressure no matter how outrageous and preposterous the demands. It will absolutely have an impact on her. I still like her. But I'd like her a lot better if she released a statement saying she was an idiot for blindly jumping on the woke train.
You weren't really in the group that I was talking about. I was referring to more moderate Republicans and independent. You're closer to the right wing, which would probably only vote for a Trump family member. But like you said, you would hesitate, you didn't say you would automatically rule her out.

I can't really think of a more qualified candidate. She is still in good favor with Trump and has just enough separation to draw in more moderate Republicans who I think will come out and vote to make sure another Trump like person doesn't win. Plus she's a female minority, so she will get the full backing and $upport of the people in power. She's your next nominee if she runs.
She must carry the base in the primary. Talk to me in 4 years, you have some money I would like to take.

She must carry the base in the primary. Talk to me in 4 years, you have some money I would like to take.
She'll carry the base. You're confusing the base with Trump's base. She'll get a decent part of that too as long as she stays in his good graces. An ok from him and the fact she served under him is plenty of clout for the right wing. At least enough to put her over the top when combined with the rest of the party and independents. Remember that some states allow independents to vote in primaries.

Not to mention makes her immune from media scrutiny, which will be interesting to watch.
Yeah, I just don't see any candidate right now that would beat her. She's going to get all the backing from the party, just like Joe did with the dems. She'll also get the women's vote, who will be more than happy to have her after having to hold their nose and vote for Trump. Her resume is great and she's had no major controversies. A lot could happen in 4 years, but I would put her as the front runner.

ETA: The Republicans should want her as the nominee if for no other reason than to claim they were the party to put a woman in the white house.

Yeah, I just don't see any candidate right now that would beat her. She's going to get all the backing from the party, just like Joe did with the dems. She'll also get the women's vote, who will be more than happy to have her after having to hold their nose and vote for Trump. Her resume is great and she's had no major controversies. A lot could happen in 4 years, but I would put her as the front runner.

ETA: The Republicans should want her as the nominee if for no other reason than to claim they were the party to put a woman in the white house.
Yes, being the first to do something makes for good government.

Yes, being the first to do something makes for good government.
You're a Trump fan right? He wasn't a politician and I'm guessing you think he's done a great job. So when it comes to doing something different for republican presidents they are 1 for 1, batting 1.000. Sounds like a smart move.

My sentiments exactly.

Not to mention makes her immune from media scrutiny, which will be interesting to watch.
You would think this would be true - but the media had no hesitation in shredding conservative minorities / conservtive women, especially in the last few decades. Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas, Sarah Palin. (I'm not saying I support any of these people - just that they were destroyed in the media).

A conservative minority, especially one that checks several boxes (woman, minority, conservative) - is the media / left's #1 target and arch-enemy. The left lives and breathes identity politics - and hate it most when someone leaves their control.....

which is why the media / left hate Candace Owens and her Blexit movement more than any person/movement that exists today.

would you consider “major controversies” infidelities times two?...didn't hurt much during her gov run, but it was brought to everyone’s attention...her running in sc at that time didn’t matter much considering who she replaced and who specifically backed her.

i’m not really saying it matters to me anymore, but it could be brought up again and the spotlight will be different by comparison.

would you consider “major controversies” infidelities times two?...didn't hurt much during her gov run, but it was brought to everyone’s attention...her running in sc at that time didn’t matter much considering who she replaced and who specifically backed her.

i’m not really saying it matters to me anymore, but it could be brought up again and the spotlight will be different by comparison.
Let me introduce you to Bill Clinton and Donald Trump. I'd introduce you to JFK as well, but he's busy at the moment.

ETA: Go ahead and throw Biden in there if he gets elected.

Last edited:
I feel you, but when you're being political with a purpose you can no longer play the game like you're playing just for funzies. Too many voters with the mindset of if you don't come out for it, you're against it...and vice versa. It's like you have to roll the dice. I hate that she did it, but I also hate the image of all those NASCAR dummies rocking Bubba on the racetrack. That's an example of what I'm talking about. Imagine if one or three drivers said I'm not doing this because I'm skeptical. They would have been drummed out of racing as racists. Having participated, they merely look foolish.

Reactions: cletusnow
I feel you, but when you're being political with a purpose you can no longer play the game like you're playing just for funzies. Too many voters with the mindset of if you don't come out for it, you're against it...and vice versa. It's like you have to roll the dice. I hate that she did it, but I also hate the image of all those NASCAR dummies rocking Bubba on the racetrack. That's an example of what I'm talking about. Imagine if one or three drivers said I'm not doing this because I'm skeptical. They would have been drummed out of racing as racists. Having participated, they merely look foolish.

100%.

Agreed. Better to be thought of as a foolish sheep than to have your life, family and livelihood put in jeopardy.

It was a masterful design and play by the left when they created this tactic. Honestly, I'm envious of their evil genius. Under the Obama administration, the left developed the play of "if you disagree, you're a bad person at your core and you deserve to have your life threatened." And it worked to perfection. The left signed on, the media signed on and now we are where we are. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

My Uncle works for Harvick, he said Nascar officials walked through garage row, team by team and said it would be in their "best interest" to show up on the track for Bubba and the photo-op. It was not mandated, but it was.

And for the record, he did not go out there.

Reactions: bluetoe

I would take her in a heartbeat, depending on how much worse the country gets, I could also see her supporting Trump making her unelectable.

I would take her in a heartbeat, depending on how much worse the country gets, I could also see her supporting Trump making her unelectable.
Nah, she's distanced herself enough where that shouldn't be a problem. Even if you consider that a negative, her resume far outweighs that. Being attached to Trump isn't as negative as you think it is though.

Nah, she's distanced herself enough where that shouldn't be a problem. Even if you consider that a negative, her resume far outweighs that. Being attached to Trump isn't as negative as you think it is though.
You may be right. Some will question her judgement after supporting him.

You may be right. Some will question her judgement after supporting him.

The silent majority wont question her. Trump ushered in a new day in POTUS elections. I think it will be a very long time before a Dem is elected to the Oval Office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT