ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

Can’t believe Wake is the 8 seed in the conference tourney!!

I think we get to pick the days but not the times we play for being the overall 1 seed if I’m not mistaken from years past.

It's been a long time since Carolina has been the overall number one seed in the conference tournament. This team should win it, if the hitting continues on it's current pace. This is one of the best hitting team in the nation, the only thing to stop them is suburb pitching. The main thing is for the pitching to keep them in a close game.

Reactions: trublueheels
Can’t believe Wake is the 8 seed in the conference tourney!!

I think we get to pick the days but not the times we play for being the overall 1 seed if I’m not mistaken from years past.
Yeah, WF started out slow, but turned it around. Kinda hurt us for the ACC tournament, but helps us with seeding in the NCAA tournament since we beat them. Unless the committee is using a dart board to pick seeding, we have a top 8 seed locked up so not really worried about the ACC tournament.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Yeah, WF started out slow, but turned it around. Kinda hurt us for the ACC tournament, but helps us with seeding in the NCAA tournament since we beat them. Unless the committee is using a dart board to pick seeding, we have a top 8 seed locked up so not really worried about the ACC tournament.
I’d believe we would be the 4 or 5 seed right now before conference tourneys

I’d believe we would be the 4 or 5 seed right now before conference tourneys
I wouldn't bet against that. I'm not sure we could move any higher than that even if we win, so I wonder if it might be better for us to only win a game or two then give the pitching some rest.

Most of the so called experts have the SEC teams ranked pretty high even before the SEC tournament. Carolina has the 4th rank SOS going into the ACCT, have to agree even if they win the tournament, fourth is probably their ceiling. If they do not win the ACCT they will be a top 8 seed regardless.

Helluva comeback by the Heels, surprised and disappointed at the lack of support and posts for the Heels tonight. Down 4-0 headed to the 7th, scored 3 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th to take the lead. Hopefully we can get 3 outs & hold on.

Also makes no sense that the winner of this game plays the early game tomorrow. Dook v Miami should be the first game tomorrow & FSU and the winner of this should play at 5:00. WTH?

• Sad
Reactions: ohio tarheels
Still a top 4 seed more then likely and as @tarheel0910 said don’t use more pitching this weekend.. Go back to Chapel Hill m, get a day or two off hopefully no freak injuries, find out where we land Monday and take a couple days to get ready for Regionals… Nothing besides a chance for Tournament Champions lost

Reactions: tarheel0910
Watched some of the game, there was a lot of missed opportunties to score especially in the extra innings. But proud of the way which they fought back after being down, have to give WF credit they started to play better toward the latter part of the season. Based upon this it would not surprise me that WF do not win the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT