GT wins in OT over UGA 30-24

Clemson over USuCk 35-17

Lousiville over UK 44-40

This post was edited on 11/29 3:55 PM by WoadBlue

GT wins in OT over UGA 30-24

Clemson over USuCk 35-17

Lousiville over UK 44-40

Florida State over Florida 24-19

So this means we swept the SEC this final weekend of the season. Will we hear talking heads on TV emphasizing that? If, the worthless Big Ten ever had a 4-0 Saturday vs. the SEC, we'd never here the end of how that means the Big Ten is back and as good as the SEC.

ACC was lucky enough to face the teams from the weak east division. About four, maybe five teams in the west would neck stomp anyone in the ACC

It doesn't even matter. We will never carry our weight against the SEC for our conference until we decide to do something about it.

Originally posted by olcoach04:
ACC was lucky enough to face the teams from the weak east division. About four, maybe five teams in the west would neck stomp anyone in the ACC
Who? Look's look at some head to head between the SEC East and SEC West.

1) Arkansas lost to Missouri. Missouri happened to lose to 3-9 Indiana.
2) Auburn got stomped 34-7 to Georgia.
3) Mississippi State was in a dog fight against UK and won 45-31.
4) Texas A&M lost to Missouri.
5) LSU barely beat Florida.

So tell me who are the 4 or 5 opponents who would spank every team in the ACC.
Even Alabama has struggled at times against teams.

Alabama and FSU are comparable. And the other Top 4 of the ACC including Clemson, Georgia Tech and Louisville could compete with ANY of the SEC teams other than Alabama in my opinion.

Originally posted by SchmidtyNole:

Who? Look's look at some head to head between the SEC East and SEC West.

1) Arkansas lost to Missouri. Missouri happened to lose to 3-9 Indiana.
2) Auburn got stomped 34-7 to Georgia.
3) Mississippi State was in a dog fight against UK and won 45-31.
4) Texas A&M lost to Missouri.
5) LSU barely beat Florida.

So tell me who are the 4 or 5 opponents who would spank every team in the ACC.
Even Alabama has struggled at times against teams.

Alabama and FSU are comparable. And the other Top 4 of the ACC including Clemson, Georgia Tech and Louisville could compete with ANY of the SEC teams other than Alabama in my opinion.
The SEC West is a beast of a division, but I agree with yur assessment in the main. The SEC East is far from a nothing group. I think it is better that either Big Ten division.

In years past when we ACC fans have complained about always getting snubbed by the idiots on TV in comparison to the SEC, the response was always: if you beat the SEC head to head, you'll be respected.

Well, we were 4-0 against the SEC yesterday.

You can't have it both ways though. When the SEC wins, no qualifiers are offered as to whether the games were a mismatch. You can't only bring that out when the SEC loses. If that's going to be the argument, then the same scrutiny has to be applied to SEC wins, not just SEC losses.

Along those lines, the ACC didn't get that excuse when it went 0-3 vs the Big Ten earlier this year. Nebraska/Miami and Maryland/Syracuse were mismatches. Iowa/Pitt was closer, but still favored the Big Ten. There was no qualification made about those being lower level ACC teams. These exceptions have to be applied evenly, or not at all.

Originally posted by topdecktiger:

You can't have it both ways though. When the SEC wins, no qualifiers are offered as to whether the games were a mismatch. You can't only bring that out when the SEC loses. If that's going to be the argument, then the same scrutiny has to be applied to SEC wins, not just SEC losses.

Along those lines, the ACC didn't get that excuse when it went 0-3 vs the Big Ten earlier this year. Nebraska/Miami and Maryland/Syracuse were mismatches. Iowa/Pitt was closer, but still favored the Big Ten. There was no qualification made about those being lower level ACC teams. These exceptions have to be applied evenly, or not at all.
And there's the fact that VT beat Ohio St in Columbus, which was 1 of 4 ACC OOC Ws over Top 10 ranked teams (at the time of the game). The other 3 are FSU over ND, BC over SC, and GT over UGA.

I think no other league had more 2 OOC Ws over Top 10 teams, and all but 1 had only 1.

ESPN needs to trumpet that fact as well as the 4-0 vs. the SEC on Rivalry Saturday.

Now that the season is over, here are the records vs Power 5 conferences:

ACC: 8-5
Big 12 4-6
Big Ten 5-9
SEC 5-6
Pac 12 6-2

How about the SEC play a real out of conference schedule before their fans get all high and mighty. It seems to me that alot of SEC teams struggled with Arkansas, so the whole "any team in the SEc West would stomp any Acc team" holds no water. Mississippi State and Mississippi both played embarrassing non-conference schedules. Their rankings were based on the emblem on their jersey.

Originally posted by dadecodevil:
How about the SEC play a real out of conference schedule before their fans get all high and mighty. It seems to me that alot of SEC teams struggled with Arkansas, so the whole "any team in the SEc West would stomp any Acc team" holds no water. Mississippi State and Mississippi both played embarrassing non-conference schedules. Their rankings were based on the emblem on their jersey.
WOW!! A dook fan calling out the SEC concerning their OOC schedule? Your 'power laden' slate consists of Elon, Troy, Kansas, and Tulane. These 4 monsters combined for a total of 10 wins.

Originally posted by ole bowl guy:
Originally posted by dadecodevil:
WOW!! A dook fan calling out the SEC concerning their OOC schedule? Your 'power laden' slate consists of Elon, Troy, Kansas, and Tulane. These 4 monsters combined for a total of 10 wins.
a dook fan being hypocritical? what's next? a bear shitting in the woods?

Really? How do you know this? Do you have a crystal ball and see the future? You must be very rich from your talent to predict outcomes of games that have yet to be played. As Herman Edwards once said.... "That's why you play the game!!!!".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT