ADVERTISEMENT

After year 1, Tarheel impressions of Louisville as an ACC member

May 12, 2003
Louisville has just completed its first full season in the ACC. The are many Cardinal fans wondering how Louisville is perceived by its new conference rivals and brethren. We would appreciate your thoughts after a full year of Louisville being a member of the ACC.

Did you attend any games or matches in Louisville? If so did you like our campus and facilities and were our fans friendly? Do you think Louisville traveled well? If you have met Louisville fans, what were your impressions?

Louisville has just completed its first full season in the ACC. The are many Cardinal fans wondering how Louisville is perceived by its new conference rivals and brethren. We would appreciate your thoughts after a full year of Louisville being a member of the ACC.

Did you attend any games or matches in Louisville? If so did you like our campus and facilities and were our fans friendly? Do you think Louisville traveled well? If you have met Louisville fans, what were your impressions?

I can't speak for my tarheel brethren; but I've very impressed you guys. I've especially been impressed with your fan base. WELCOME!

I liked the addition then and love it now. The Cards are a step-up compared to the Terps but my most favoritest thing about the addition is the fact it pissed off the toofless wonders in Lexington. Anything that vexes those inbreds is fine by me.

Pissing off UK Fans and getting rid of the Terps Fans was a win in my eyes...Glad you guys have a home now in the ACC....

Reactions: Raising Heel
Never been to any games at Louisville but I hear good things about the hospitality from the fans there. As an athletic member of the ACC they are very competitive and have certainly helped the conferences strength in the money sports. I am very pleased.

I lived in Louisville for a few years after college (1995-1997) and really enjoyed the town. It always seemed to have a good blend of Southern hospitality and Midwestern sensibility.

I went to the UNC-Louisville football game in 2012 with my brother and his 10-year old (at the time) daughter. They live in Nashville, so I flew from Charlotte to Nashville and the three of us drove up together. We had a great experience. As we walked from the parking lot to the stadium, several folks welcomed us to Louisville and a couple even invited us to join their tailgate. The fans were pretty gracious after the game as well (which they should have been after the uncalled facemask penalty in the end zone, haha). Great stadium, too. Loved the seatbacks. But I could've done without Papa John and his Camaro laying rubber at the open end of the stadium at halftime. That guy is a doofus.

How great were the three UNC-Louisville basketball games this season? Not like UNC needs another rival, but close, competitive games with exciting finishes could make that happen. Can't wait to play you guys in conference in football and baseball. The Cards have represented very well in the three sports I follow most closely. It was really disappointing to see your baseball season end badly after a great regular season run.

Others have said it, but UL is a huge upgrade over Maryland. Sure, the Terps are having some success in the B1G, but I figured they would have a mini-Renaissance about 5 years after they jettisoned Debbie Yow. Right on schedule. Maryland fans are trash, though. The only redeeming thing about them is that they despise the dookies almost as much as UNC fans.

Anyway, glad to have you guys aboard. Make sure to visit Kenan Stadium in 2017 when the Cards are in Chapel Hill. This board is a good place to get recommendations on things to do, where to eat, etc.

Oh, and one last thing. It's Tar Heel, not Tarheel. ;)

I love Louisville in the ACC. I despise UConn and do not want that crowd among us, ever. Louisville has great fans and facilties.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
I like having Louisville in our conference . . ! Quite an improvement as many have already voiced in this thread.

Tar Heel not tarheel!! :) it's okay...a lot of our fans spell it the incorrect way too :(

Was absolutely ecstatic when the move was announced and still feel the same today. Your fans are classy in win and defeat. Jurich and your athletic department care about all sports (the ACC is proud of ALL their sports, not just the money-makers, as I'm sure y'all can already tell). Your fan support is excellent, and your city is very fun.

Go Heels. Go Cards. Go ACC.

Good University, good fans, good teams. So when you match them with Maryland...who the heck wouldn't LOVE the trade?

Really good people on their message boards as well. Polite, informed, and love the games. No way we could have done any better IMFAO.

As already mentioned, the Cards are very competitive in all 3 major team sports, and the Cardinal fans I've met have been classy, and glad to be in the ACC, unlike some of the other longtime members of this conference....

Again welcome to the ACC!

Reactions: Raising Heel
So far, so good. After one year, already a better member than the wusspack (but that is not too difficult to do).

Louisville is a big addition to the conference,like others have said,you are strong in all the money sports and have classy fans.I was very pleased when you joined the acc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT